Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell,

How do you come up with these numbers? Can you give us an example? My numbers come as 699.99 with 6% tax. I like your numbers more ;-) !

Thank you!

Lots of lease calculators on the web .. my co-host and I have built our own spreadsheets that we use.
    I also made my own excell calculations based on information from the web. I know I have to tweak a little bit my calculation so it performs more accuratelly. As I said before, my calculation show $699.99 lease payment, although dealer asked for $715.50 but she agreed to come down to $699.99. Now, your calculations show $675.22 (637.00+6% tax). I just need to verify that your calculations are valid enough before I talk to dealer again. ;-) Also, other dealer had MF set to 0.0017 (4.08%) instead of 0.0013 (3.12%) and now I will have to talk to him about this.

Thank you!
    Cut from my spreadsheet:

MSRP $43,850.00 sticker price of vehicle
    Net Cap Cost $41,880.00 net capitalized cost of vehicle (add taxes + fees, subtract cap cost reduction)
    Residual 50% percentage of the MSRP that the vehicle is worth at the end of the lease
    Money Factor 0.0013 used to calculate interest paid ("rent charge") during the lease term
    Interest Rate 3.12% money factor x 2400
    Lease Term 36 length of lease, in months
    Residual Amt $21,925.00 MSRP x residual %
    Depreciation $19,955.00 total depreciation (cap cost - residual value)
    Dep Payment $554.31 amount of payment for depreciation (cap cost - residual value) / term
    Rent Charge $82.95 amount of payment for rent charge (cap cost + residual value) * money factor
    Pre-Tax Pmt $637.25 sum of depreciation and rent charge
    Sales Tax 6.00% local sales tax rate
    Tax Amt $38.24 monthly payment * tax rate
    Total Payment $675.49 monthly payment + tax amt

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    @stekicar‌

Leave out sales tax, when calculating your lease.... then, see what you come up with.. I'm guessing some sort of input error in your calculation..

But, do yourself a favor and wait until next month... The deals can only get better..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stekicarstekicar Member Posts: 55
    Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell,

How do you come up with these numbers? Can you give us an example? My numbers come as 699.99 with 6% tax. I like your numbers more ;-) !

Thank you!

Lots of lease calculators on the web .. my co-host and I have built our own spreadsheets that we use.
    I also made my own excell calculations based on information from the web. I know I have to tweak a little bit my calculation so it performs more accuratelly. As I said before, my calculation show $699.99 lease payment, although dealer asked for $715.50 but she agreed to come down to $699.99. Now, your calculations show $675.22 (637.00+6% tax). I just need to verify that your calculations are valid enough before I talk to dealer again. ;-) Also, other dealer had MF set to 0.0017 (4.08%) instead of 0.0013 (3.12%) and now I will have to talk to him about this.

Thank you!
    Cut from my spreadsheet:

Net Cap Cost $41,880.00 net capitalized cost of vehicle (add taxes + fees, subtract cap cost reduction)
    Residual 50% percentage of the MSRP that the vehicle is worth at the end of the lease
    Money Factor 0.0013 used to calculate interest paid ("rent charge") during the lease term
    Dep Payment $554.31 amount of payment for depreciation (cap cost - residual value) / term
    Rent Charge $82.95 amount of payment for rent charge (cap cost + residual value) * money factor
    The difference was in aquisition fee. I included it in adjusted cap cost, so I was using this adjusted cap cost for calculations. Do I have to include aquisition fee in net capitalized cost of the vehicle?

Thank you for your help.
    kyfdx said:

@stekicar‌

Leave out sales tax, when calculating your lease.... then, see what you come up with.. I'm guessing some sort of input error in your calculation..

But, do yourself a favor and wait until next month... The deals can only get better..

I am not in a rush. I plan to get it by the end of April or May. By that time I will have my second car paid off. I started looking around and I am trying to learn everything I should know before I make an educated decision.
    stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell,

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Cut from my spreadsheet:

The difference was in aquisition fee. I included it in adjusted cap cost, so I was using this adjusted cap cost for calculations. Do I have to include aquisition fee in net capitalized cost of the vehicle?

Thank you for your help.

It has to be added there, or paid upfront.... I like to roll it in..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

stekicar said:

kyfdx said:

@stekicar‌

I am not in a rush. I plan to get it by the end of April or May. By that time I will have my second car paid off. I started looking around and I am trying to learn everything I should know before I make an educated decision.

Be careful you don't get too far along... I think the 2016 model comes out early this year... But, deals will definitely get better on the 2015 than they are this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

stekicar said:

kyfdx said:

@stekicar‌

Be careful you don't get too far along... I think the 2016 model comes out early this year... But, deals will definitely get better on the 2015 than they are this month.
    Thank you for the tip. I thought new model is not due in two more years.
    kyfdx said:

stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell said:

stekicar said:

Michaell,

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Cut from my spreadsheet:

Thank you for your help.

It has to be added there, or paid upfront.... I like to roll it in..
    Ok. Then my mistake was to include aquisition fees twice. Thank you!
  • borusik83borusik83 Member Posts: 52
    Hello, looking for the Illinois MF and RV for February. Thanks.
    borusik83 said:

.00130 and 58% fore 36/10. Those are the only numbers we currently have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• lander1lander1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease a 2015 X3 xDrive28i with premium and cold weather pkg. MSRP: $45.600. In Illinois. Can you pls tell me the Feb residual values and money factors. Looking at a 36mo 12k/yr. Thanks!
    lander1 said:

Looking to lease a 2015 X3 xDrive28i with premium and cold weather pkg. MSRP: $45.600. In Illinois. Can you pls tell me the Feb residual values and money factors. Looking at a 36mo 12k/yr. Thanks!

.00130 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

borusik83 said:

So .00130 and 56% for 36/12 in IL? RV up 6% from January?

borusik83 said:

Michaell said:

borusik83 said:

Yes. Nice bump on the SAV's from BMW this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

borusik83 said:

Michaell said:

borusik83 said:

It's .00130 MF and 57% for 36mo, 12K/yr in February... I think that's up 5% from January.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ucjjgucjjg Member Posts: 28
    Hello, could you share the residual and MF for an X3 35i at 36months / 15000 miles. Thanks!
    ucjjg said:

Hello, could you share the residual and MF for an X3 35i at 36months / 15000 miles. Thanks!

.00130 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jk1004jk1004 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Could you share the residual and MF for an X3 28i at 36months / 10000 miles in WA.

Thank so much!!
    jk1004 said:

Hello,

Could you share the residual and MF for an X3 28i at 36months / 10000 miles in WA.

Thank so much!!

.00130 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much Michaell
  • unmercenaryunmercenary Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    I'm looking for the Massachusetts MF and RV for a 2015 X3 xDrive28d, $0 down, 36 months, 15k miles.

Happy to post what I come up with on a deal. Here's the planned vehicle:

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo Diesel, 4-cylinder engine
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive

BASE MSRP $- 42,000
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic - $550
    Black Nevada Leather - $0
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight - $0
    Cold Weather Package - $950
    Driver Assistance Package - $950
    Driver Assistance Plus - $1,900
    Lighting Package - $900
    Premium Package - $3,200
    Technology Package - $3,150
    Destination & Handling: - $950
    Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles Warranty
    Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles
    Maintenance Program
    Up to 4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
    Roadside Assistance

Total MSRP as Built $54,550

I'm looking for the Massachusetts MF and RV for a 2015 X3 xDrive28d, $0 down, 36 months, 15k miles.

Happy to post what I come up with on a deal. Here's the planned vehicle:

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo Diesel, 4-cylinder engine
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive

BASE MSRP $- 42,000
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic - $550
    Black Nevada Leather - $0
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight - $0
    Cold Weather Package - $950
    Driver Assistance Package - $950
    Driver Assistance Plus - $1,900
    Lighting Package - $900
    Premium Package - $3,200
    Technology Package - $3,150
    Destination & Handling: - $950
    Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles Warranty
    Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles
    Maintenance Program
    Up to 4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
    Roadside Assistance

Total MSRP as Built $54,550

.00130 and 55% for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi
    I leased x3 3days ago. I have question about ACQ fee the dealer charge me $997.00
    I saw BMW website the ACQ fee $775.00 I think the dealer charge me over $200.00
    Is it correct?
    jk1004 said:

Hi
    I leased x3 3days ago. I have question about ACQ fee the dealer charge me $997.00
    I saw BMW website the ACQ fee $775.00 I think the dealer charge me over $200.00
    Is it correct?

I believe the acquisition fee as of this year is $795 - the dealer is allowed to mark it up $200 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you Michaell

So, Can I take back $200.00?

Thanks again
    jk1004 said:

Thank you Michaell

So, Can I take back $200.00?

Thanks again

If you have signed the paperwork and taken delivery of the car, I doubt that you will be able to renegotiate to get the $200 back. It's only a few dollars a month over the life of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• borismatborismat Member Posts: 2
    Are the March numbers (residual and mf) for 2015 x3 xdrive28i out? I am specifically interested in a 36mo/10k lease? Leasing in ny/nj area. Thanks.
    borismat said:

Are the March numbers (residual and mf) for 2015 x3 xdrive28i out? I am specifically interested in a 36mo/10k lease? Leasing in ny/nj area. Thanks.

We wouldn't expect to see the March numbers until early next week. Current numbers are valid through Monday, 3/2/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brian6743brian6743 Member Posts: 29
    Hi,
    I'm leasing my first vehicle ever (I think) and need help:
    2015 X28i Awd
    X3 35i
    White
    Beige Interior
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Drivers Assistance Package
    Technology Package
    Harmon
    Xenon lights
    rear manual shade
    surround view camera
    12K miles a year (36 months)

Price $50,000 plus TTL (Illinois)

What's the latest residual and MF?

I've been told put down the least amount possible and try to get the residual value as high as possible. If that is correct, how do I know what the latest residual is?

Thanks in Advance. Really appreciate the advice and help.
    brian6743 said:

Hi,
    I'm leasing my first vehicle ever (I think) and need help:
    2015 X28i Awd
    X3 35i
    White
    Beige Interior
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Drivers Assistance Package
    Technology Package
    Harmon
    Xenon lights
    rear manual shade
    surround view camera
    12K miles a year (36 months)

Price $50,000 plus TTL (Illinois)

What's the latest residual and MF?

I've been told put down the least amount possible and try to get the residual value as high as possible. If that is correct, how do I know what the latest residual is?

Thanks in Advance. Really appreciate the advice and help.

36/12 numbers for the X3 this month are .00130 and 57%. Residual cannot be modified by the dealer, but they are allowed to inflate the MF for extra profit.

Lease inception costs should be first payment, acquisition fee, tags/license

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2015
    Looking for the March RV and MF in Illinois for the 2015 x3 xdrive28i 36/12.
    Thanks.
    borusik83 said:

Looking for the March RV and MF in Illinois for the 2015 x3 xdrive28i 36/12.
    Thanks.

.00130 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay, so I got a selling price of $49,475 plus ttl.
    I understand the goal is to put as little money down as possible on a lease for many reasons.
    Aside from the MF that the dealer may try to inflate, what other numbers do they try to juice to increase their profit in a lease?
    Acquisition fee: I know it's $775 in a lease and they can try to juice it to $995
    Anything else to watch out for?
    Last question: If I'm going to roll over the sales tax into the lease, where do I add that figure (which in my case is $3600) to in terms of the lease spreadsheet and calculating the bottom line payment? Thanks in Advance.
    brian6743 said:

Okay, so I got a selling price of $49,475 plus ttl.
    I understand the goal is to put as little money down as possible on a lease for many reasons.
    Aside from the MF that the dealer may try to inflate, what other numbers do they try to juice to increase their profit in a lease?
    Acquisition fee: I know it's $775 in a lease and they can try to juice it to $995
    Anything else to watch out for?

Dealer fees; not sure that they are capped in Illinois. This can be several hundred dollars ($499 for the Subaru I bought last weekend here in Colorado).
    brian6743 said:

Last question: If I'm going to roll over the sales tax into the lease, where do I add that figure (which in my case is $3600) to in terms of the lease spreadsheet and calculating the bottom line payment? Thanks in Advance.

Only the depreciation is subject to sales tax now. Prior to 1/1/15, it was the entire selling price in Illinois. You can choose to pay the sales tax up front or add it to the cap cost and pay it over the length of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• borismatborismat Member Posts: 2
    What are the numbers (mf and rv) for xdrive28i x3 for 36/10k lease in ny/nj area? Thanks
    borismat said:

What are the numbers (mf and rv) for xdrive28i x3 for 36/10k lease in ny/nj area? Thanks

.00129 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• houstontx8250houstontx8250 Member Posts: 24
    Do you have the base rate for Texas Owner's Choice financing on an sDrive28i? Thanks.

Do you have the base rate for Texas Owner's Choice financing on an sDrive28i? Thanks.

49% for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2015
    Michaell - I'm confused on your response. I was looking for the BMWFS interest rate for a Texas Owners Choice financing, which is the equivalent of a lease but structured as a purchase due to Texas sales tax being charged in full on a lease. I understand the residual is the same as the lease rate (i.e. 58% for 36 mo/10000 miles), but I am trying to confirm what the base BMWFS interest rate should be. What is the 49% you are referencing? Thanks.

Michaell - I'm confused on your response. I was looking for the BMWFS interest rate for a Texas Owners Choice financing, which is the equivalent of a lease but structured as a purchase due to Texas sales tax being charged in full on a lease. I understand the residual is the same as the lease rate (i.e. 58% for 36 mo/10000 miles), but I am trying to confirm what the base BMWFS interest rate should be. What is the 49% you are referencing? Thanks.

Sorry, I provided the balloon residual rates, which I assume works the same way for Owners Choice as it does for a lease.

Oops, was looking in the wrong place. 3.0% this month for Owners Choice.

As you can tell, it's not something I'm asked that often. :-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much, Michaell.

We don't have the Owner's Choice information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    Hi Guys...do we know the 24/10k numbers for March?

thanks!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

au1994 said:

thanks!

.00129 MF and 64% residual. 36/10 residual is 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    kyfdx said:

au1994 said:

thanks!

.00129 MF and 64% residual. 36/10 residual is 58%
    Thanks. Maybe, possibly starting to do the dance on one this weekend.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• mikeb690mikeb690 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Guys...What are the March numbers for 36/12k/ and 24/12k? Thanks in Advance!
    mikeb690 said:

Hi Guys...What are the March numbers for 36/12k/ and 24/12k? Thanks in Advance!

.00129 and 63% / 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi again, I was in my dealer today putting down a deposit outside Chicago. The selling price is as I indicated before $49475 and MSRP of $52475. On a 36/12 lease they are getting me a payment of $725.92 a month. I think it should be about $680. How do I know where they are juicing the numbers on me at? The MF?
    brian6743 said:

Hi again, I was in my dealer today putting down a deposit outside Chicago. The selling price is as I indicated before $49475 and MSRP of $52475. On a 36/12 lease they are getting me a payment of $725.92 a month. I think it should be about $680. How do I know where they are juicing the numbers on me at? The MF?

MF is one area. Make sure that they are not slipping in any fees to boost the selling price to the net cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator