Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best deal on 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid (non plug in)

bd99bd99 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Honda
Hello,

I don't know if anyone has actually managed to get a deal on the elusive 2015 Hybrid but I thought I'd start a thread. I'll be buying in December - SoCal. I'd appreciate it if you specify if the price you got is before destination and taxes, fees or after.

Comments

• lawvillawvil Member Posts: 8
    I am just started looking and there is no supply up in Nor Cal. One dealer I went to (first dealer I went to) they said no negotiate. He stated other dealers around the area mark up $5k over MSRP. I did not say a word just walked straight out.
  • bd99bd99 Member Posts: 2
    Yep - I've just started my search in earnest. I'll be getting a touring hybrid - probably see what kind of deal I can get with a 60 month lease.
  • rocker2015rocker2015 Member Posts: 6
    I just signed my first lease, and now I am wondering if I got the best deal (starting to think not). However wanted to post the info to give you guys an idea. Leased 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L
    3 yrs / 12k
    Mrsp: 32,055
    sale price: 30,380
    residual: $18,721.65 (57% of MSRP)
    0.00069 money factor
    down: $1,000
    monthly payment $371 + tax
    Trying to learn from this one, for better deals on future leases.
    What do you guys think.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

I just signed my first lease, and now I am wondering if I got the best deal (starting to think not). However wanted to post the info to give you guys an idea. Leased 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L
    3 yrs / 12k
    Mrsp: 32,055
    sale price: 30,380
    residual: $18,721.65 (57% of MSRP)
    0.00069 money factor
    down: $1,000
    monthly payment $371 + tax
    Trying to learn from this one, for better deals on future leases.
    What do you guys think.

On a 2015, I don't think you did bad, at all... I don't have a lot of information on those, except for residuals, but the numbers you give add up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rocker2015rocker2015 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info! I really like leasing, I think, at the moment, is the right solution for me. Definitely want to sharpen my leasing negotiation skills for the next one. Now I am starting to notice that I might use more miles that 12k a year. Anybody has any experience with over mileage with Honda? The dealership said they buy 80% of returned leases, in which case it won't matter. Then again, they would say anything...
  • amastjramastjr Member Posts: 15
    Looking for the RV and MF for a 2015 Accord Hybrid Touring for a 36 mo lease with 10k or 12k in GA. Thanks!!
    amastjr said:

Looking for the RV and MF for a 2015 Accord Hybrid Touring for a 36 mo lease with 10k or 12k in GA. Thanks!!

.00051 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amastjramastjr Member Posts: 15
    I didn't realize the gas and hybrid had the same MF and RV. Thanks
  • 15accordhybrid15accordhybrid Member Posts: 1
    2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L White
    First off... I had no idea how difficult it would be to even find this car. I called or emailed Honda dealers from San Luis Obispo to Santa Monica... (4 hour drive window). Every person I spoke to told me they did not have the car, but could easily get one... "no problem". I finally gave up hoping to see the car before I started to negotiate to buy it.

I got a true car price, but the true car guy did not have the car... but could get it yaddie yadda... I used that price to help negotiate. Since no one had the car I just focused on driving the cost down. The lady in Santa Monica refused to meet the price... then 4 days later emailed to tell me she would meet the price. The guy in San Luis said my price was crazy and I would never get that car for that price. He told me to call him after that price fell apart.

So in the end I bought the car from Santa Maria Honda for the price I asked for.

Cash Price $30,826
    $200 Accessories (They described this as the transport fee)
    Docs $80
    Tax $2488
    CRV $29
    Official Fees $310
    TOD $33,934.23

They asked me to buy all the extras, and I had to tell them no for on hour... then the finance guy asked me again, but this guy cut all the prices in half. Got through it without a scrape.

I saw the car for the first time, 3 days after I bought it... on the day I drove it home.

Good luck finding one to buy and I hope you all crush my price. I am just happy it's in my garage.
  • psu77psu77 Member Posts: 13
    I bought a Silver EX-L in Jacksonville FL for $29,500 plus $700 dealer processing fee plus tax and doc fees. The car is extremely hard to find
    psu77 said:

I bought a Silver EX-L in Jacksonville FL for $29,500 plus $700 dealer processing fee plus tax and doc fees. The car is extremely hard to find

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• EandOHEandOH Member Posts: 24
    On Honda's website, I see they are offering a 36 month lease on an Accord Hybrid Base model w/MSRP of $30,125 for 36 mths and 12k per year @ $259 per mth w/$2399 down.

Looking to lease a '15 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid w/MSRP of $35,055. Terms of 36 months and 12k miles per year in SC. What would be realistic down payment and monthly cost?

Thanks!!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    EandOH said:

On Honda's website, I see they are offering a 36 month lease on an Accord Hybrid Base model w/MSRP of $30,125 for 36 mths and 12k per year @ $259 per mth w/$2399 down.

Looking to lease a '15 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid w/MSRP of $35,055. Terms of 36 months and 12k miles per year in SC. What would be realistic down payment and monthly cost?

Thanks!!

Any nationally advertised deal is just OK - you should be able to do better negotiating on your own. And, we don't recommend putting any money down on a lease. If the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

The current lease numbers on the Accord Hybrid Touring are 54% for 36/12 and .00039.

We would need to know the negotiated selling price before we could model a payment.

Up front costs include the first months payment, the acquisition fee from Honda Finance, dealer fee (if any) and any license or registration costs imposed by the state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you for the quick response! Using Edmunds TMV for Touring model in my area (29926), can we assume negotiated selling price of $33,300 with $0 down? Can you model a payment with this add'l info?
    EandOH said:

Thank you for the quick response! Using Edmunds TMV for Touring model in my area (29926), can we assume negotiated selling price of $33,300 with $0 down? Can you model a payment with this add'l info?

$419.54/mo before tax with your numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks again! BTW, I love using Edmunds info when negotiating with dealers! Knowledge is power! You are truly offering the public a great service!
  • rosesareredrosesarered Member Posts: 3
    Hi I got quoted for a new 2015 accord hybrid EX-L for $31,875 which includes destination and handling. Doc fees are $80. I live in the Bay Area. Is this a good deal?
  • neesh319neesh319 Member Posts: 32
    hello is the number the same "current lease numbers on the Accord Hybrid Touring are 54% for 36/12 and .00039."
    neesh319 said:

hello is the number the same "current lease numbers on the Accord Hybrid Touring are 54% for 36/12 and .00039."

I confirm the MF but the 36/12 residual is 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• teamlewihanteamlewihan Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I am about to purchase a 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L and want to see if it might make more sense to lease. Can I get the current MF and Residual for 36/15? And, since I drive about 20K miles per year, any advice on purchasing additional miles up front or does Honda publish a 36/20 set of lease numbers? I know the milage will add up quite a bit, but I find if I purchase, my value drops just as fast. Both ways, I spend a lot to drive. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Hi. I am about to purchase a 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L and want to see if it might make more sense to lease. Can I get the current MF and Residual for 36/15? And, since I drive about 20K miles per year, any advice on purchasing additional miles up front or does Honda publish a 36/20 set of lease numbers? I know the milage will add up quite a bit, but I find if I purchase, my value drops just as fast. Both ways, I spend a lot to drive. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

.00039 MF and 53% residual.

Above 15K/yr, mileage is deducted from the residual at a rate of $0.10-$0.20 per mile (varies by model/msrp)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rettakudirettakudi Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring - $30143 + Taxes - 6% state tax + tags - $195
    Also picked 8yr/120K miles Honda Care EW at $1310.

I just love the car.

My commute is 31miles one way and I have been spending a lot for gas. Decided to go for hybrid finally.

Driven 615 miles in the last 10 days and still 140 miles to go before I have to fill up again. Love it more just for that...

rettakudi said:

Just got my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring - $30143 + Taxes - 6% state tax + tags - $195
    Also picked 8yr/120K miles Honda Care EW at $1310.

I just love the car.

My commute is 31miles one way and I have been spending a lot for gas. Decided to go for hybrid finally.

Driven 615 miles in the last 10 days and still 140 miles to go before I have to fill up again. Love it more just for that...

Congrats - both on the car and the outstanding mileage.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jim_ajim_a Member Posts: 3
    2015 Accord Hybrid base model (MSRP after destination & handling: $30,125). Sales price: $26,776. In So Cal (LA Area). Dealer add-ons (mud guards, trunk tray, wheel locks, door protectors, etc.) were thrown in at no additional charge during the negotiation. Did not purchase any add-ons (i.e., warranty). 0.9% financing. Not sure how this is stacking up to other deals.

Beginning the search, some dealerships did not have cars. Of the dealers that did have them, one dealership in particular, had a base model in inventory 81 days. A couple other dealerships sold "the one car" they had in days. Seems that more dealers have them in stock now, still in small numbers.
  • QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 85
    I would appreciate it if someone could provide the current MF and residual for a 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring Edition for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year as well as any special incentives being offered at this time. Thanks!
    Quaker said:

I would appreciate it if someone could provide the current MF and residual for a 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring Edition for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year as well as any special incentives being offered at this time. Thanks!

.00029 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr

$1250 dealer cash and $500 bonus lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 85
    Thanks! Can you get a lease for 10,000 miles per year with this car? If so, what are the MF and residual?
    Quaker said:

Thanks! Can you get a lease for 10,000 miles per year with this car? If so, what are the MF and residual?

If 10K is available, the residual would be 1% higher. Same MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator