Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Altima Prices Paid

virtual_voidvirtual_void Member Posts: 7
edited April 2015 in Nissan
Hi,
I am looking to buy 2015 Altima SL or SV in Dallas area (DFW), I am getting this quote from the dealer which is slightly higher than truecar estimate, what do you guys think, is this a good deal:

For the SL Altima your price is...

$25,645 (Plus TTL) Tech pkg doesn't include NAV.
OTD $27,522

For the SV Altima

$20,504(plus TTL)
$22,060
You have a $1000 rebate included in your price that you have to Finance with Nissan to get. If you prefer to pay cash, your price is $1000 higher because you lose the rebate.

Also I see a used Nissan Altima SL with NAV and moonroof for 19,500 and 24k miles is that a good price.

Thanks

Comments

• cmyawncmyawn Member Posts: 51
    I just leased a new Altima 2/11/2015 and want to report on the transaction. NMAC (thru 3/31/2015) has a lease loyalty program going on, allowing both early turn-in of a leased vehicle and lease loyalty cash of up to $2000. For an Altima, the lease loyalty cash was $500, along with a $850 rebate for as total of $1350 in incentives. Plus NMAC waived the $395 disposition fee on my 2012 Altima (which was due to come off-lease on 4/12/2015), and allowed up to $500 in waived damages (which helped me since I had a $159 cracked tail light). Plus NMAC allowed the full 39K miles on my 39 month lease for my 2012 Altima 2.5SL, so since I was at about 37,700 miles after 37 months I saved about $100 on excess mileage.

List on my new Altima (2.5SL w/ technology, moonroof packages, with body side molding, spoiler, splash guards, and floor/trunk mats) was $31,875 including the $825 destination fee. I paid $800 up-front and my lease payments are $286.61 per month, including the 3% NC use tax. More details:

List: $31,875
    Discounted Price: $27,843.50 (w/o incentives), so $4,031.50 discount
    Acquisition Fee: $595 rolled into lease
    Money Factor: 0.00003
    Residual Percent: 54%
    Incentives: $1350 (but only $1256.70 applied to cap cost redux; $93.30 to pay up front costs)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $27,181.80
    Payment w/o taxes: $278.26
    NC 3% tax: 8.35
    Total payment: $286.61
    Term: 36 months, 12K miles/year. Car had 12 miles on the odometer at pick-up.

Up front paid $893.30 ($800 from me, $93.30 from incentives):
    Doc Fee: $499.99 (I know, outrageous in NC, no cap, some other dealers are at $600!)
    First Payment: 286.61
    Tag/Title: $69.00
    Taxes on incentives applied to cap cost redux: $37.70

The split on the up-front came because the dealer and I agreed to the up-front $800 early in the negotiations. I thought they would just reduce their doc fee but instead they reduced the discounted price to give the $286.61 payment. All OK by me.

This deal was at the Nissan dealer in New Bern, NC. Very easy to deal with the internet sales manager, negotiations were quick (they started at $297.10 a month, $800 up-front; then I used some online pricing info to get to the $286.61 payment figure, they agreed to that figure pretty easily).

Pick-up and turn-in of my 2012 Altima 2.5 SL was quick, we were at the dealership for about 75 minutes, and that included 15 minutes of demonstration of the new features on the 2015 Altima....which has great additions from my 2012 (blind spot warning, lane departure warning, rearward moving object warning, heated steering wheel, power passenger seat, remote start). I do wish the cupholder/cubbies/storage in the console had a cover like my 2012. My only complaint.

I think I got a good deal and I am very happy with it!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Well now I am bummed, I just saw that Nissan had an additional $500 Presidents Day rebate from 2/11 thru 2/16, and I did not get that added rebate. I took delivery 2/11. Any ideas of any way I can get it retroactively?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    cmyawn said:

Well now I am bummed, I just saw that Nissan had an additional $500 Presidents Day rebate from 2/11 thru 2/16, and I did not get that added rebate. I took delivery 2/11. Any ideas of any way I can get it retroactively?

You can ask the dealer, but I don't think they are under any obligation to re-write the contract if you've taken delivery.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

You can ask the dealer, but I don't think they are under any obligation to re-write the contract if you've taken delivery.
    I am hopeful that they can just submit the rebate paperwork to Nissan and Nissan will send me a check, so no re-writing of the contract required. Sales Manager said he'd talk to the Finance Manager on Monday. Fingers crossed...

cmyawn said:

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

I am hopeful that they can just submit the rebate paperwork to Nissan and Nissan will send me a check, so no re-writing of the contract required. Sales Manager said he'd talk to the Finance Manager on Monday. Fingers crossed...

That would be a nice outcome - keep us posted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

Here is my latest email from the dealer:

"It looks like the money will be sent here which means that we will need to send the check to you once we receive it. I will make sure that the accounting department is aware of it and as soon as we get it we will send a check. Thanks again for your business. It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Sales manager Eastern Carolina Nissan"

I think these guys have a customer for life....already had a great deal and it just got sweeter.

cmyawn said:

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

Michaell said:

cmyawn said:

Here is my latest email from the dealer:

"It looks like the money will be sent here which means that we will need to send the check to you once we receive it. I will make sure that the accounting department is aware of it and as soon as we get it we will send a check. Thanks again for your business. It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Sales manager Eastern Carolina Nissan"

I think these guys have a customer for life....already had a great deal and it just got sweeter.
    Good for them that they stepped up .. enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer who is happy with their longer-term loan because of the lower monthly payments. If you were able to get into a new car because a 72- or 84- month loan made the payments easier to swallow, and you would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, February 27, 2015 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    it's been a long time since anyone posted here.
    I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with mud guards, floor and trunk mats, and power driver seat for $16,880. I was a black friday deal I bought the day before Thanksgiving. They had 2 at that price and surprisingly there was hardly anyone at the dealership - with both cars sitting there among a sea of new cars. I had to finance part of the car to get a $750 rebate. When you buy the price leader it feels nice when they fill the tank and hand you the keys. I see on a regular basis the same car advertised for $17,888 in the local paper and thought that was a good price - so the $16,880 price convinced me to pull the trigger
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

it's been a long time since anyone posted here.
    I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with mud guards, floor and trunk mats, and power driver seat for $16,880. I was a black friday deal I bought the day before Thanksgiving. They had 2 at that price and surprisingly there was hardly anyone at the dealership - with both cars sitting there among a sea of new cars. I had to finance part of the car to get a $750 rebate. When you buy the price leader it feels nice when they fill the tank and hand you the keys. I see on a regular basis the same car advertised for $17,888 in the local paper and thought that was a good price - so the $16,880 price convinced me to pull the trigger

That's cheap!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• refrunner1refrunner1 Member Posts: 10
    Could you please provide any available incentives for purchasing a 2015 Altima SL in Atlanta? Also please provide any additional incentive for recent college grads and loyalty incentives. I am in the market for a new 2015 Altima SL and I am trying to decide whether to take the 0% finance offer or the additional rebates in lieu of? As always thank you. Do you also have the current 60 month finance rate for a 760 fico score? I have seen 1.97% if I do not take the 0%.

Could you please provide any available incentives for purchasing a 2015 Altima SL in Atlanta? Also please provide any additional incentive for recent college grads and loyalty incentives. I am in the market for a new 2015 Altima SL and I am trying to decide whether to take the 0% finance offer or the additional rebates in lieu of? As always thank you. Do you also have the current 60 month finance rate for a 760 fico score? I have seen 1.97% if I do not take the 0%.

one place to look is on the website of your local Nissan dealer. Look for the advertised specials and you will see both the standard Nissan corporate discounts, Nissan finance rebates and any dealer added incentives. I found my deal on my local dealer's website; they didn't even use news print which is becoming less common these days. One contentious issue I had was the finance rebate of $750. I have a credit score over 800 (855 to be exact) and they hit me up with a 4.99% interest rate after I put down 60% cash. I laughed at the number and told them they had allot of nerve presenting that number to a person with my credit score. They plead they won't make anything on my "black friday" deal and needed something in the deal. I ended up signing off because I will pay off the loan as soon as the $750 rebate shows up. Nissan financial ended up sending me a letter apologizing that the rate was set too high and lowered the rate to 3.99% which is still high for my score.
    I think it might of been illegal what the dealer was charging me. Before the recent fed hike you could get car loans at most credit unions for 1.5% (48 months up to 20k)
    refrunner1; here's what one local Nissan dealer has running near me for a 2015 Altima 2.5 SL
    Purchase:
    MSRP: $31,075
    Dealer Discount: $3,576
    Nissan Customer Cash: $1,250
    Customer Bonus Cash: $500
    NMAC APR Cash: $750
    Net Price: $24,999

They say "two at this price", but when the two sell, they put two more up the following week - all the delaers near me offer this which leads me to believe you can do even better if you make them compete against one another.
    Has Nissan issued any additional discounts or rebates for a 2015 Altima SL during Christmas week? Thanks

Has Nissan issued any additional discounts or rebates for a 2015 Altima SL during Christmas week? Thanks

If there are, we wouldn't see them this late in the month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Just purchased a 2015 Altima SL (dark gray) with an MSRP of $31,160 from Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA.
    MSRP $31,160
    Discount $4,312
    Rebates $2,750
    Price before required fees $24,098. In lieu of 0% finance offer and lesser rebates we got 1.97% for 60 months. Nice clean dealership, Ross the salesman was upfront and honest and Chris the finance manager was the best that we had ever worked with. Had gone to a couple of other Nissan dealerships in the area and Regal was by far the best. It always helps to have done your homework before you go car shopping.