Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    slorenzen said:

Saw a Mobil station in Eugene at $2.11 the other day.

Most stations are at $2.15 around here.

Those are RUG prices, BTW

I see a station in Eugene selling RUG and Diesel for the same price, $1.99. Gives me more choices for my trip to Oregon.

http://www.oregongasprices.com/Space_Age_Gas_Stations/Eugene/12237/index.aspx
  • Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    gagrice said:

slorenzen said:

Saw a Mobil station in Eugene at $2.11 the other day.

Most stations are at $2.15 around here.

Those are RUG prices, BTW

I see a station in Eugene selling RUG and Diesel for the same price, $1.99. Gives me more choices for my trip to Oregon.

http://www.oregongasprices.com/Space_Age_Gas_Stations/Eugene/12237/index.aspx
    Lemme know when you're back in town.

We can "do" lunch at Buster's!

B)
  • Options
    Lemme know when you're back in town. We can "do" lunch at Buster's!

For sure, we are planning an April trip to see what Spring is like. And it is my grandson's birthday.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Just filled up with regular for $1.56. Diesel across the street was $2.77.

Most stations in town are running $1.69 to $1.79 for regular.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited January 2015
    $2.29, diesel $3.19

These used to be seen all over on front bumpers. Perhaps a comeback in the offing

• Options
    Costco San Diego holding RUG at $2.25 with diesel now down to $2.45 less than PUG by 4 cents. It is good living in San Diego in the winter. 76 degrees today.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/Costco_Gas_Stations/Chula_Vista/75686/index.aspx
  • Options
    We ARE getting a new fueling station at our local Sam's Club. I've filled up once at a Sam's. Gas seems to be gas anymore... except I kind of shy away from USA gas locations. It never quite looks like I should be stopping there :)
  • Options
    PF_Flyer said:

We ARE getting a new fueling station at our local Sam's Club. I've filled up once at a Sam's. Gas seems to be gas anymore... except I kind of shy away from USA gas locations. It never quite looks like I should be stopping there :)

We have a lot of USA stations here. They took over the Thrifty stations. None of them are too appealing. While in the Midwest I filled at a Corner Store station that had the best price on diesel. Clean brightly lit, with food I might even eat in a pinch. The fried chicken looked pretty good. We now have one close by that sells Valero gas. They have diesel for $2.49 credit. Only cheaper CC diesel is Costco, which is about 15 miles further from home.

http://cornerstore4u.com/Fuel
  • Options
    Wiki must be out of date - they say USA only operates in ten western states. Subsidiary of Tesoro.
  • Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    gagrice said:

PF_Flyer said:

We have a lot of USA stations here. They took over the Thrifty stations. None of them are too appealing. While in the Midwest I filled at a Corner Store station that had the best price on diesel. Clean brightly lit, with food I might even eat in a pinch. The fried chicken looked pretty good. We now have one close by that sells Valero gas. They have diesel for $2.49 credit. Only cheaper CC diesel is Costco, which is about 15 miles further from home.

http://cornerstore4u.com/Fuel
    What, no sushi next to that fried chicken?

:D
  • Options
    What, no sushi next to that fried chicken?

That may be a great business model. Since I started using a CC for most of my fuel needs, I don't go inside. I wonder why gas is so much less in Roseburg, than up your way? Half a dozen stations down there are at $1.69 for RUG.
  • Options
    Best go fill the car up.

Unionized Oil Workers Go On Strike At 9 US Facilities (americanlivewire.com)
  • Options
    $2.27
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    in central CT... Filled up for $2.139 for RUG. Last 2 fillups have been about $25. I look at the receipt and wonder where's the rest of it?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    RUG has been creeping up here in Colorado. Now at $1.819 at Kroger .

filled the wife's car with Shell 91 V-Power for $28 this morning. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,173
    I can't recall what I paid exactly last time, but PUG seemed a couple cents higher last night. Around $2.50 here. I am sure the greenie weenies will rejoice when prices rise - but still, they could jump 50% right now and still be much lower than much of if not not most of the past 7 years.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The cheap place is $1.79 (my wife was out running around and I have her "trained" to note these things now. B) ).

We have over a half tank so I guess I'll just sit back and watch it jump out until I actually need some.
  • Options
    stever said:

Best go fill the car up.

Unionized Oil Workers Go On Strike At 9 US Facilities (americanlivewire.com)

You can bet the Refiners will hold out until Keystone is signed by Obama. That represents 2 million barrels a day coming into the refineries.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And going straight onto the tankers for export, LOL.

What are the Gulf refineries exporting now? - it's like a third of their gasoline production last I heard.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    stever said:

And going straight onto the tankers for export, LOL.

What are the Gulf refineries exporting now? - it's like a third of their gasoline production last I heard.

In 2012 US refiners took 1.6 million barrels a day from the Tar Sands. That business of shipping out tar sands oil is purely political BS. A big share of it is Coke (coal) which is being sold to the power generators. 66 refineries processing tar sands. At least 30,000 Union people working in just 9 of those refineries.

http://priceofoil.org/2013/12/13/refinery-report-new-online-tool-tracks-tar-sands-flows-north-america/

Refined oil products is one of the few decent exports we have left.
  • Options
    But, but, but - they need to flood the market and drive our gas prices down. :p

Just got back from dinner - regular in the "suburban" part of town is $1.99 tonight.

(Tried to go to the Asian fusion place and durned if they weren't closed for some game; had to settle for a Hatch green chili cheeseburger).
  • Options
    Costco RUG up 2 cents $2.27, diesel still $2.45. Only 18 cents more than RUG.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/Costco_Gas_Stations/Chula_Vista/75686/index.aspx
  • Options
    The station stuck in the Main Street reconstuction is still holding at $1.59. I still don't need any so will take my chances on filling up in a week or ten days. No use hammering my average mpg hauling around an extra ten gallons of gas. :)
  • Options
    Did not take long at the volume sellers. Costco jumped today from $2.25 to $2.33 for RUG. Diesel did not change. Still at $2.45. Costco sets their price by the tank each time it is filled. I still have about 400 miles left in my tank. Maybe a quick trip out to see the desert flowers in bloom.
  • Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Local Costco has started ticking up. Soent a week or two going back and forth between $2.77 and $2.75. Now at $2.79. The climb has started but I don't see $3+ soon.

There's still an oil glut. Futures are driving things up. May they get screwed.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    Prices have gone up here in Colorado as well. $1.859 for RUG at the Kroger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    The cheapest station here popped to $1.79. Most is $1.99 for regular, but a few spots are over $2 now.
  • Options
    I think the lowest RUG got in San Diego county was $2.17. Lowest no name gas is $2.24 today. Costco diesel holding at $2.45 with RUG just a dime less. Went up again today.

• Options
    Did notice premium at that outlier station was $1.86 and diesel was $2.65. I'm sure both are at least ten to twenty cents higher everywhere else.
  • Options
    Filled up 7:15 yesterday morning at $2.27. By noon, we were bumped up to $2.35 :@
  • Options
    Creeps up to $2.39
  • Options
    Looks like your keyboard is dropping whole words Sneakers.

Isn't that supposed to be "The creeps are up to $2.39"?
  • Options
    Heh... no, it must be this new "txtng enhncd kybd" (spell checker not included)
  • Options
    Gas price is bouncing around here. With a week went from $1.75 to 2.01, down to $1.89 and is now at $1.93.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    Our Costco gas is up to $2.50 and diesel $2.65. Nice while it lasted. I was just reading this tidbit about CA oil production. We do not tax the oil. But we sure tax the finished product to da max.

To date, about 210,000 oil, gas, and geothermal wells have been drilled in California and around 88,500 are still in use. About 4,680 new wells were drilled in the state in 2012. The Division oversees around 570 companies that operate the wells. Daily oil production in 2012 was 541,000 barrels, placing California fourth among oil producing states.

http://www.conservation.ca.gov/dog/Pages/aboutUs.aspx
  • Options
    So the oil is pumped royalty free? They just collect property tax on the equipment, like they do on all the other businesses? If Cali doesn't own the oil that's pumped, I assume the feds get the royalties?
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    In all states it's the entity that owns the 'lease' that gets the royalty. On state lands it's the state, but on private lands it starts out as the landowner, but they often sell the rights to other parties. For production from private lands many states get a direct tax benefit (Texas gets a 'severance tax'), I guess CA doesn't.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks @texases - seems like all the PFD money came from Alaska's ownership of the oil on state lands. Or something like that. :) Seems like the oil companies in California are getting a nice subsidy - must explain why gas is so cheap there. :D
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the PFD is funded by AK's severance tax. The state has messed with the formula many, many times.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like some of the royalties go to the PFD too (so AK gets both severance and royalty payments? - No wonder there are so many boondoggles up there).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yep, royalties too. Add on the pipeline tariff and oil quality differential, and the net wellhead revenue on the North Slope can be way less than West Texas Intermediate or Brent.
  • Options
    stever said:

Thanks @texases - seems like all the PFD money came from Alaska's ownership of the oil on state lands. Or something like that. :) Seems like the oil companies in California are getting a nice subsidy - must explain why gas is so cheap there. :D

Typical of CA reward the fat cats and screw the middle classes. AK gets a large amount of revenue from oil. I think the last governor gave a bunch back that Palin had negotiated out of the oil companies. I was just surprised when I read in another article that CA was the only state without severance tax on resources. No wonder they shut down most of the mining in the state.
  • Options
    I'm in favor of a 'reasonable' severance tax, it gets states interested in reasonable resource development. Not that AK has been reasonable, they've monkeyed with it in wacky ways, at one point an incremental barrel could get a 40% severance tax on it, depending on how the many variables were set.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm waiting for the states to decide that sunshine and wind are exploitable resources like mineral wealth and then charge homeowners royalties and severance taxes on harvesting of that energy.

Colorado at least has flip-flopped a bit on claiming sole ownership of all rainwater that falls on your property but several other states say the rain that falls on your roof belongs to someone else. Mark Miller Toyota in Utah got into hot water over this. (naturalnews.com)
  • Options
    Fluttering at $2.37

Diesel at $3.19
  • Options
    $2.00 for RUG, $2.55 for diesel in Dallas. Diesels dropped a bit...
  • Options
    Cheapest gas today is $2.01 and a fifth. Haven't seen a deviation from .9 in years.

Most RUG is running $2.09 to $2.19, and Premium is around $2.79, with a couple of stations offering it for $2.59. Diesel is $2.79 to $2.99.
  • Options
    Too cold to go out and check today. Took until 2PM for it to get above zero in my backyard :)
  • Options
    PF_Flyer said:

Too cold to go out and check today. Took until 2PM for it to get above zero in my backyard :)

Ouch. $1.979 for RUG at the local Kroger today.

Snow predicted here in Colorado but nothing like what's going on back east.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    We got a bit of snow but a lot of cold and wind.

1.99 at Costco.
    2.07 at Exxon