Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in Toyota

Comments

• diepppppdieppppp Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me if this is a good price for 2015 RAV4 XLE FWD (includes carpet floor mat, cargo mat, and roof rack cross bars) in San Francisco/Bay Area? Thanks in advance!

Selling price: $ 23505
    Rebate: $ 1000 (minus 500 if not purchased by tomorrow)
    Reg, Lic,Doc: $ 371.75
    Tax: $ 2122.70 (Based at 9.0%)
    Out The Door: $ 25000.00
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hm, lots of fees buying Toyotas these days.

For a 94109 zip code, we show $25,288 for invoice, $26,665 MSRP and $25,359 for True Market Value. That's with your options and includes the destination of $885. That invoice number also includes an ad fee of $454. That's right, you get to pay the dealer for the privilege of seeing their ads. Ad fees can vary based on dealer participation so this may be a none starter though.

Okay, take away the thousand dollar rebate and TMV lands at 24,359. That's the number to beat so you're a lot better than "average".

Toyota's year end may go through tomorrow for dealer bonus incentives (don't know if this is a fact, but it happens). If that's true, then then dealer may be willing to a bit lower. You could counter $24,500 out the door and tell them you don't like paying their ad fees if they need an excuse to come down a bit more (assuming they are passing that fee along)..

But otherwise, I think you're looking good.

Anyone else in the Bay Area lurking with a better feel for the market out there? Please join in.
  • toyrav4toyrav4 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Loc:cleveland, oh.
    Vehicle: 2015 xle awd with heated seats, power gate, navigation, michelin tires
    Trade in: 2000 honda accord ex 94000 miles
    Tax rate 6.5%

Otd: 24500(tax, doc etc) with 0%60 mths

Is that a good deal?
    What's the selling price before taxes and fees (and without the trade)?
    Sale price was 26600
    edited February 2015
    Invoice is $26,955, MSRP is $28,869 and TMV (with a $750 incentive I see) is $27,274.

So your target price before taxes, fees, trade, etc. would be $27,274. It sounds like you are about $700 below TMV so you're looking good.
    26600 was the sale price. With taxes, doc and tags the total price was 28628. I was given 3000 for trade in and the final price was 25628. I brought it down to 24500 after negotiation. Let me know uf this makes sense
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, took me a minute. ;)

I didn't look up the trade-in value of your Honda but your selling price does look good. Congrats!
    Thanks
  • pandaxoxpandaxox Member Posts: 24
    I have a dumb question. Do the prices VARY throughout the month?
    I plugged in the model I want in Truecar mid Fe 2015. I was getting $25,109 for a Rav4 EXL AWD 2015.

At the end of Feb, I got $24,800.
    Today I get $25, 549!!!! Same model, same options...

What gives? Whose playing those games? The dealer?
    edited March 2015
    Invoice and MSRP prices do change now and then. But not frequently.

Selling prices, even from a buying program like Costco or our own Price Promise, change all the time. Those prices follow the market - supply and demand, the price of gas, the phase of the moon. Who knows.

Usually if you buy at the end of the month, you can get a better deal, because many manufacturers reward dealers with bonus money and other perks and spiffs for hitting certain sales numbers. Occasionally you'll read about a killer deal - the dealer may have (almost) lost money on that one sale, but by hitting their quota, they can reap several thousands of dollars.

That could explain that end of February price you saw.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    pandaxox said:

I have a dumb question. Do the prices VARY throughout the month?
    I plugged in the model I want in Truecar mid Fe 2015. I was getting $25,109 for a Rav4 EXL AWD 2015.

At the end of Feb, I got $24,800.
    Today I get $25, 549!!!! Same model, same options...

What gives? Whose playing those games? The dealer?

I think you'd have to take that up with Truecar ... they know their pricing algorithms better than anyone here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• greentree3greentree3 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Just bought 2015 RAV4 XLE AWD with following option:

50 State Emissions
    Alloy Wheel Locks
    Carpet Floor Mats & Carpet Cargo Mat
    Height-Adjustable Power Liftgate
    Radio: Entune Display Audio w/Navigation

OTD $26740 including TAX, Fees.

Pennsylvania

23 miles on the car, Silver exterior with ash interior.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Just bought 2015 RAV4 XLE AWD with following option:

50 State Emissions
    Alloy Wheel Locks
    Carpet Floor Mats & Carpet Cargo Mat
    Height-Adjustable Power Liftgate
    Radio: Entune Display Audio w/Navigation

OTD $26740 including TAX, Fees.

Pennsylvania

23 miles on the car, Silver exterior with ash interior.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• thetrainorsthetrainors Member Posts: 2
    Need help please on what to pay for 2015 RAV4 LE FWD with roof rails and all weather floor/cargo mats. I live in NH. Thanks in advance...
    edited April 2015
    For a Concord zip, I come up with $23,281 invoice, $24,915 MSRP and $23,531 for TMV.

That includes destination.

So the number to beat is TMV. But aim for below invoice first. Even better, try to find some dealers near enough that you'd be willing to travel a bit and ask for quotes.

I know you're used to driving in the snow and all, but can you even find a FWD LE up there? And wouldn't the resale be better, assuming you aren't going to drive it forever? Guess I can't talk, spend 20 years in AK with only FWD.
  • thetrainorsthetrainors Member Posts: 2
    thanks, yes there are some! been driving my '04 highlander with fwd and never had a problem...likely going to keep this one many years also!! thanks again for the info :)
    Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
  • dpatel021dpatel021 Member Posts: 5
    2015 toyota rav4 xle front wheel got price 27,000 out the door
    is good deal ??
  • awilmingtonawilmington Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2015 RAV4 XLE FWD… I got this quote from a dealer in Chicago. Is it a good deal?

$26,350 MSRP
    $24,967.66 otd*

Price includes

$168.43 Doc fee
    $1,724.23 Tax
    $25.00 Filing fee
    $15.00 Tax
    $196.00 Plates
    $750.00 Cash Rebate
  • sebastian10sebastian10 Member Posts: 72
    This is good deal IMHO. I'd get that.
  • joellyjoelly Member Posts: 9
    We bought 2015 Rav4 LE FWD for $24K otd yesterday from Cerritos Toyota.
    joelly said:
    We bought 2015 Rav4 LE FWD for $24K otd yesterday from Cerritos Toyota.
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• joellyjoelly Member Posts: 9
    Thank you! It's silver. I love it as soon as I see it. We test drove a bunch of cars since Jan 2015. I know I want a small suv but I feel it's too expensive. Edmunds help in making us more confident in negotiating with Toyota dealer. We chose the 0% financing for 48 mos.
  • dogo1dogo1 Member Posts: 2
    25,080 2015 Rav4 LE AWD
    150 roof rails
    90 tonneau cover
    885 destination fee
    26,205 Total MSRP

(2,558) discount
    23,647 sale price

1,963 sales tax (WA)
    (750) customer cash rebate
    125 ttl
    150 doc fee
    25,135 OTD
    dogo1 said:

25,080 2015 Rav4 LE AWD
    150 roof rails
    90 tonneau cover
    885 destination fee
    26,205 Total MSRP

(2,558) discount
    23,647 sale price

1,963 sales tax (WA)
    (750) customer cash rebate
    125 ttl
    150 doc fee
    25,135 OTD

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your purchase information with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wwxxwwxx Member Posts: 1
    I bought an EXL FWD model today for $27,200 OTD, which includes leather seats and navigation.

The sale price is $25,842
    Tax $2,236
    Fees $122
    Rebate -$1000
    Total $27,200

In New Orleans with very bad road conditions and careless drivers, SUVs tend to be very expensive.

Is this a good deal?
  • cask21cask21 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know if the 750.00 customer cash on the 2015 rav 4 is only offered if you pay cash? i am in nj. Thanks
    cask21 said:

Do you know if the 750.00 customer cash on the 2015 rav 4 is only offered if you pay cash? i am in nj. Thanks

Not really familiar with Toyota rebates.. but, in general, if you take special financing or lease programs, then the customer cash does not apply.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• seanhooahseanhooah Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a RAv 4 LE
    zip code is 21076
    Got a few quotes and lowest is 20,950 before any fees.
    How am i doing?
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Completed a lease deal in South Florida yesterday, was it a good deal?? 2015 Rav 4 XLE with automatic hatch (not too many of the XLE's have them). Sticker was $26974, selling price was $25447. Did 36 months 12,000 miles per year, no money down or out of pocket but used a $500.00 lease loyalty coupon. Monthly with taxes for 35 payments is $287.21. It was the best deal I could find, please give some feedback, thanks!
    Completed a lease deal in South Florida yesterday, was it a good deal?? 2015 Rav 4 XLE with automatic hatch (not too many of the XLE's have them). Sticker was $26974, selling price was $25447. Did 36 months 12,000 miles per year, no money down or out of pocket but used a $500.00 lease loyalty coupon. Monthly with taxes for 35 payments is $287.21. It was the best deal I could find, please give some feedback, thanks!
    Seems decent for Florida. Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chilehead74chilehead74 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Just bought a 2015 XLE with Outdoor Package and some other bogus "add-ons" like Toyo Guard Elite, pen striping and nitrogen in the tires. Regardless, I think I ended up with a good deal after some intense negotiations.

MSRP: $27,805
    TMV: $25,336
    Negotiated Price: $23,555
    OTD: $24,293 (sales tax caps at $300 in SC)

After researching a lot of 'internet pricing' and getting a TrueCar quote, $3500 off MSRP seemed like the best I could expect for the one we were looking at. I just went in and told him I wanted his best price and he gave me $4,000 off MSRP right out of the gate. I thought it was a decent offer, but wanted to make 100% sure I was getting the best deal, so after I got in my car to leave, he came off it another $250. I'm happy with the deal, but he didn't look so happy the rest of the night. Can't tell if he was faking it to make me feel like I did well or if he was actually upset. $4k may have been fair, but you never really know.
    @chilehead74 Congrats on the new RAV4!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

We have a new post about buying a 2016 RAV4 at this link. Please join us there if you are shopping for one.
  • asafonovasafonov Member Posts: 401
    Purchased a 2015 RAV4 XLE AWD with carpet floor and cargo mats, no other options.

Took the $500 rebate and 0% Toyota financing. Car price $25,150, plus $45 dealer fee, state tax (6.5%) and registration ($320). Total OTD was $27,150.
    Congrats! Guessing you are still up in MN? Sounds like a good deal on a good winter rig.
  • asafonovasafonov Member Posts: 401
    Thank you! Yes, forgot to mention - Minneapolis-St. Paul.

I liked the CR-V a little better, but between higher prices (by at least 2k), not-so-mature technology (CVT, DI), and reports of vibrations, decided to go with a Toyota. As most cars in our household are handed down eventually, sometimes more than once, durability and simplicity are important factors to consider.
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who recently bought or leased a small crossover SUV (such as a CR-V or RAV4). If you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than Tuesday December 22, 2015.
  • ndimas77ndimas77 Member Posts: 5
    What should my OTD price be for a 2015 RAV4 XLE (blue exterior, ash interior, FWD). I am in Arizona, 85204.

ndimas77 said:

What should my OTD price be for a 2015 RAV4 XLE (blue exterior, ash interior, FWD). I am in Arizona, 85204.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$26,479
    ndimas77 said:

$26,479

I think $23k or less would be a fair price, but thats just me. I got $4,250 off MSRP, but they added in some "fluff" like pen striping, nitrogen in the tires, etc. If there isn't much fluff, $3,500 or more off MSRP seems fair.
    I'm negotiating with a local dealer, and they are at $24,699 OTD beating another dealers offer of $24,823 OTD ..but certainly not by much. Any tips on how to bring it down a bit more? The price we are at still seems high! I'm in Mesa, Arizona.
    edited December 2015
    Hard to say - you could "go dark" until noon tomorrow and then email both of them saying you are ready to buy and ask them for their "final" best price.

An even riskier tactic would be to wait until the 2nd to buy, on the theory that Toyota may "extend" December for a few days for dealer bonus money. But the December to Remember money may dry up tomorrow. And if the year end really is 12/31, you've lost a buying opportunity.

I thought I was close to the bottom line in 1998 when I got a new Nissan on 12/31. Turned out Nissan had extended bonus money until January 4th so I left money on the table. But I'm not much of a grinder anyway.
    ndimas77 said:

I'm negotiating with a local dealer, and they are at $24,699 OTD beating another dealers offer of $24,823 OTD ..but certainly not by much. Any tips on how to bring it down a bit more? The price we are at still seems high! I'm in Mesa, Arizona.

So how much is that off MSRP? If you pay full tax there, it sounds like thats more than $3,500 off. I don't think you'll get much more than that. For me, it was a standoff at $4,000 off MSRP and he thought he had it in the bag. I ended up walking out b/c I wanted another $500. He followed me out and I told him if he met me halfway, I'd do the deal that day, so we ended up at $4,250 off MSRP. You could try something similar, but if they aren't desperate to sell, it is what it is.
    Walking out is about the best negotiating tactic when buying a car.

Sometimes you wind up walking for a while though....
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your children and a few words about your vehicle choice.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com