Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mazda CX-5 On Sale Now Starting at $22,675| Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Mazda
image2016 Mazda CX-5 On Sale Now Starting at $22,675| Edmunds.com

The refreshed 2016 Mazda CX-5 SUV is on sale now at Mazda dealerships starting at $22,675.

Read the full story here

Comments

• metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    Looking forward to a road test report on this. In addition to the exterior (unnecessary IMO) and interior (necessary) updates, some sources also said they've worked on making it quieter inside. It's a contender for my next car but I keep them for a long time, so every bit of refinement helps in the long run.
  • luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    yes I saw some at the back of the dealer lots this weekend. Most places still have a lot of 2015s in stock so they are trying to keep these hidden from view. To me most of the updates I was not interested in so I got a great deal on a 2015 instead (about $1500 less than the TMV was showing).
  • north52north52 Member Posts: 11
    Diesel engine! When will Mazda bring their 2.2liter turbo-diesel to North America? It's been an engine option outside of N.A for several years. Mazda has already 'test-plumbed' the engine for our stringent diesel emission standards (basically the CARB standard). So what gives? If it was available for the 2016 model, I'll be first in line at the local dealership and haggle for their best price.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2015
    What's your "per gallon" price differential up there between Regular and Diesel? A dime a litre?

Down here there's rarely less than a fifty cents a US gallon "surcharge" for diesel and it's not unusual for the spread to hit $1. Less so for the Premium/Diesel spread, but the CX-5 gasser runs on regular.

The 2016 2WD automatic comes in at 26 city, 29 combined and 33 highway. Bit better with the 2WD manual and a bit worse for the 4WD. Gassers have largely caught up with diesel mpg so I bet the payback period is quite a few years (I don't see mpg specs anywhere for the diesel). Resale should be better with the diesel as well as torque.

But we don't care about torque, we want our MP3 and the tech stuff.

Meanwhile Paris and London are trying to ban diesel vehicles (including "clean" passenger diesels) due to their particulates.

You can find like minded folks here (and occasionally another outvoted lone wolf like me there... :) ) :

What Would It Take for YOU to buy a diesel car?