Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Adjustable Hatch Height - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in BMW
imageAdjustable Hatch Height - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Adjusting the tailgate height on the 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Wow, I see you guys got over 1.5 million views on the F-150 sledgehammer video. Congrats!
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I know some vehicles (I want to say either GM or Audi models) with power rear doors allow you to manually open the door to the ideal height and set that as the opening position by pressing and holding the power close button. To me, this seems like the best implementation, since you know right where the door will be. With BMW's method, I'd imagine that you'd have to play around with different settings while parked in your garage to see which one is best. The main issue I can see with that is the possibility of selecting too high of a setting and hitting the garage door or something. Probably best to have someone stand by the rear of the car while you're setting the opening height to make sure that the door isn't to hit anything. Still, I'm glad BMW at least provides some degree of customization for this.