Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fresh and New Every Time I See It - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Audi
imageFresh and New Every Time I See It - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Audi A3 sedan looks just like every other sedan in Audi's lineup, yet every time I see it, I can't wait to drive it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I actually feel completely the opposite, Erin. I think the A3 is boring and nondescript, but I think the A6 is a beautiful car. Honestly, I think the A6 is hands down Audi's best looking 4-door of the moment. It is elegant and classy. The A3 is an awesome car that I respect a lot, but I see them all over the Bay Area now and have never warmed up to them. They lack the road presence a real Audi should have. That's just my opinion, though, and you know what they say about opinions...
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    I don't know if my MINI has presence or absence, but I have noticed that many people have been unusually and uncharacteristically courteous to me. Maybe those large, round DRL LEDs have a calming effect on people? LOL
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Thanks for the post, Erin.
  • seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    I hear lots of comments that Audis are boring, they never change, they all look alike, etc. Some people only like novelty and flashy jewelry. But all Audi sedans have finely developed proportions, simple and classic lines, and are finished with taste and restraint. The different sizes of A3, A4, A6, and A8 present different challenges dimensionally, but all are handsome, distinctive, and finely developed. I agree with mercedesfan that the A6 is a terrific car that also looks terrific, without seeming to try hard. If you intend to keep a car a long time if you find it satisfying to drive and own, timeless looks are a valuable asset.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    there is something to be said for refining a car rather than completely reinventing it every few years.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Does this comment not strike anyone to be just a little ridiculous, "...Obviously, the 292-hp S3 is the true sport sedan in this family, but our long-term A3 offers quite a bit of performance to justify its high-$30Ks price tag."?
    Whew, that's a lot of coin for a supposedly "entry level" Audi below the A4, but I guess it is an "S" version, but still...