Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Density - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Lexus
imageDensity - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2015 Lexus RC F and ponders its place in the automotive world as a high-performance coupe.

Read the full story here

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Excellent article.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Sounds like this is quickly becoming a luxury version of the Dodge Challenger. Everybody says "great car, lots of power, WAY too heavy." Interesting. Great write-up.
  • ayaoayao Member Posts: 27
    Spot on review. Chris Harris agrees with you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJm4DcbuXg
  • redskinsdmvredskinsdmv Member Posts: 52
    Everyone's reviews are the same on this car. Though I'm still surprised that though the M3/M4 gets lauded and has much more torque, this car finished only 0.3 seconds behind the M3/M4 during Motor Trends lap test.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I think the core problem here is that Lexus (and even Toyota, to a lesser extent) simply don't have the same performance DNA as BMW, Audi, etc. They're primarily known for making comfortable, luxurious cruisers, not all-out sport cars. The LFA was the exception. Even the first and second-gen SC was never really a true competitor to more focused and purpose-built cars. I can definitely see how they might have chosen the wrong basis for this car, as opposed to starting out with the FR-S platform, but the fact remains that Lexus only has so much to work with when it comes to building a true sports coupe. Ideally, they would have made the RC from a completely bespoke platform and started from scratch, but of course that would translate to higher costs.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I would skip the Lexus, BMW and Audi and wait for the ATS V. Most reviews say Cadillac is obsessed with keeping the weight down on their cars for the performance benefits. 450 twin turbo horses, electronic limited slip diff and magnetic ride control.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Reigned in? Hahahahaha...yeah - the term means to rein in (as in reins connected to the bridle on a horse) and bring under control, not anything to do with reigning or ruling over something or anything like that. Why do so many professional writers get this wrong?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I don't get what you are saying Fordson. He used 'reigned in" to mean keep under control, which is absolutely the correct use of the term.
  • janet_kjanet_k Member Posts: 18
    I'm with @fordson1 on this one.
  • ayaoayao Member Posts: 27
    He's saying it should be "reined".
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    D'oh, you (and Fordson) are correct, rein not reign.

I read Fordson's omment and my brain failed to register the spelling difference.
  • jkavanaghjkavanagh Member Posts: 26
    Let's all fixate on a single extraneous letter 'g' and ignore the thousands of other letters arranged in concert with each other with the purpose of articulating a point.