Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura RLX Lease Questions

gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79
edited April 2015 in Acura
Anyone have numbers on the 2015 rlx

Mf/rv

36 month
12000 miles

in nyc area

Thanks

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    gq3856 said:

Anyone have numbers on the 2015 rlx

Mf/rv

36 month
    12000 miles

in nyc area

Thanks

.00160 MF and $8000-$8500 dealer lease cash.

Residual is 51% for Tech and 49% for Advance model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• srini67yrsrini67yr Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Iam new to leasing and saw the Acura lease info on their website . It says monthly payments equal $17604 and purchase at lease end for $28792. It equates to $45k for a vehicle with $55k MSRP. Looks like $10k discount ( do not know what other charges are other than tax, title .). Is this a good deal if I plan to buy the vehicle at the end. Should I negotiate further to get the net capitalized cost. Your help would be appreciated
    srini67yr said:

Iam new to leasing and saw the Acura lease info on their website . It says monthly payments equal $17604 and purchase at lease end for $28792. It equates to $45k for a vehicle with $55k MSRP. Looks like $10k discount ( do not know what other charges are other than tax, title .). Is this a good deal if I plan to buy the vehicle at the end. Should I negotiate further to get the net capitalized cost. Your help would be appreciated

The nationally advertised deals include $3000 of lease cash from Acura and a $5000 dealer discount. They also include a $3210 CAP cost reduction from the lessee.

At those numbers, it leaves the dealer with a margin of about $2000, not counting any back end money from holdback, etc..

So, you should always try for a better deal. Even with the huge discounts and incentives, the money factor is .00160, which is pretty stiff.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• socalcars23socalcars23 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Does anyone know the current numbers for a 2015 RLX technology for the LA area? 36/10 and 36/12k miles.

Also what would be an acceptable deal with current promotions? Might I be better of waiting for future lease deals?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

Does anyone know the current numbers for a 2015 RLX technology for the LA area? 36/10 and 36/12k miles.

Also what would be an acceptable deal with current promotions? Might I be better of waiting for future lease deals?

$5750 lease cash and 50% / 51% residual.

My best guess on the MF is the Acura standard MF - .00160.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help establish a target price; use the "car research" tab to link to current customer incentives.

No way to predict what will happen to the numbers in future months - could get better, could get worse.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jwb990jwb990 Member Posts: 33
    What are the current numbers in California for a 2015 RLX Advance. I have bee told the residual is 48% which is lower than what was offered justa week ago. They saint he deal ended on May 12.

Currently being given money factor of .0017, residual 48% Msrp of $61,345, sale price of $44,500. Term 36 months and 10,000 miles a year. Payment equals about $517 as they are adding on the acquisition fee of $595.

Besides current numbers the drive off also includes a cap cost reduction of $1,500 but also a title fee, electronic filing fee and document fee. I know the document fee is standard but have not seen a title and electronic filing fee before are these legit or ask to have them removed. There is also a registration fee which is for DMV.

Thanks for any answer.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    jwb990 said:

What are the current numbers in California for a 2015 RLX Advance. I have bee told the residual is 48% which is lower than what was offered justa week ago. They saint he deal ended on May 12.

Currently being given money factor of .0017, residual 48% Msrp of $61,345, sale price of $44,500. Term 36 months and 10,000 miles a year. Payment equals about $517 as they are adding on the acquisition fee of $595.

Besides current numbers the drive off also includes a cap cost reduction of $1,500 but also a title fee, electronic filing fee and document fee. I know the document fee is standard but have not seen a title and electronic filing fee before are these legit or ask to have them removed. There is also a registration fee which is for DMV.

Thanks for any answer.

Yes, new Acura numbers were released on 5/12; the 36/10 residual for the RLX Advance is now 48%. I don't see a subsidized MF for the RLX so am guessing the .00170 is the standard MF used.

We don't recommend making a cap cost reduction on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

The fees you listed are legitimate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Are these fees negotiable? I know the Doc fee is set by California but not sure about the other ones. As for Cap Cost Reduction and if the car is totaled or stolen wouldn't it depend on how much I saved per month and when the car was totaled or stolen? It seems that everyone wants a cap cost reduction. Do you tell them no to that?

Is there anything that can be done with the Acquisition Fee. I had one dealer tell me it had to be capitalized. I have not got that far with this dealer. I guess this would be like the cap cost reduction allow them to put it into the lease payment and it just gets higher.

As for the price of the car it seems to be under what the fair price paid is so how up to date is the fair price paid information on a 2015.

Thanks
    jwb990 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Are these fees negotiable? I know the Doc fee is set by California but not sure about the other ones. As for Cap Cost Reduction and if the car is totaled or stolen wouldn't it depend on how much I saved per month and when the car was totaled or stolen? It seems that everyone wants a cap cost reduction. Do you tell them no to that?

Is there anything that can be done with the Acquisition Fee. I had one dealer tell me it had to be capitalized. I have not got that far with this dealer. I guess this would be like the cap cost reduction allow them to put it into the lease payment and it just gets higher.

As for the price of the car it seems to be under what the fair price paid is so how up to date is the fair price paid information on a 2015.

Thanks

$595 acquisition fee goes to the bank.. it's on every lease. It doesn't have to be capitalized, but it's better to amortize amounts like that, in case you have to take advantage of GAP insurance, if your car is totaled.
    Government fees in California average about 1% of MSRP. (title/registration, etc).

Dealers encourage CAP cost reductions because it lowers the payment and makes the car seem less expensive. Tell the dealer how you want to structure the lease. It really doesn't make any difference to them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Millennial (age 18-34) who leased a luxury car within the last year. If you're able to help, please send your details to pr@edmunds.com by no later than July 29, 2015.