Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid

pinache2pinache2 Member Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in Toyota
I've been reading a million and one websites about buying cars and my eyes are swimming. I've done the TrueCar quotes and the Edmunds quotes, and have been in email discussions with dealerships trying to hammer out an out-the-door price to start from. What I'm seeing for the LE Eco version is about $18000-18500 fees included, but not including taxes and licensing/registration. I have talked 1 dealership down to $17300 fees included, but not licensing/tax/registration. (They are the only ones I have even attempted to negotiate with).

This is the first car I've ever tried to negotiate for, and I haven't really been negotiating yet. How reasonable is it if what I would like to pay is actually $17000, all fees, taxes, registration, etc. included?

Comments

• Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    I see may threads about Corolla pricing, but I don't see an official 2015 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience. Can a moderator start one so we can keep the discussion in one place?

Pinache2: what kind of pricing do you see on your local newspaper ads?
  • Options
    $17600 is the absolute cheapest I've seen (no fees included) and that was through TrueCar
  • Options
    If I widen the search to far out of state I can get $16800 before fees.
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    Is that before any rebates? Doesn't sound too bad.
    Around here I see newspaper ads for the LE plus for $16,300 and $16,500 before rebates.. but nothing on the ECO..
  • Options
    downshift1downshift1 Member Posts: 7
    I have seen better or same offers for the S PLUS trim, than for the LE, and L. I haven't seen anything special for ECO

Looks like the S PLUS might keep its residual value higher than the lower models, so it might be cheaper to lease.

hope the S supposed to have stiffer shocks, hope that doesnt equal to a rough ride.
  • Options
    boothtimeboothtime Member Posts: 1
    Got a pretty good deal for a Toyota Corolla LE today.

Price: 15,263
    Regional Incentive (VA): (-750)
    Processing Fee: 599
    Freight Fee: 820
    Tax: 687
    VA Tags: 75
    OTD: 16,694

Price of $15,463 was listed on site. I asked for and received a $200 discount for coming in during bad weather.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    boothtime said:

Got a pretty good deal for a Toyota Corolla LE today.

Price: 15,263
    Regional Incentive (VA): (-750)
    Processing Fee: 599
    Freight Fee: 820
    Tax: 687
    VA Tags: 75
    OTD: 16,694

Price of $15,463 was listed on site. I asked for and received a $200 discount for coming in during bad weather.

Congrats on the new Corolla!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kennerdriverkennerdriver Member Posts: 12
    I bought a 2015 Corolla LE from Ray Brandt Toyota in Kenner, Louisiana yesterday. The only option was carpet mats. The MSRP was $19,680 and I paid $16,750 + TTL + $200 dealer document prep fees. I got a $1,000 Toyota discount and the rest was discounted by the dealer. My wife wanted a red, and those are in short supply in the LE here. They had to get it from another dealer and that did not help with trying to reduce the price further.

On another note, I had called Mr. Jerry Johnson at Midwest Superstore for extended warranty. He told me that Toyota forbids out of state online/telephone sales. I have to visit him in person to make the purchase!!! I hope someone near Mr. Johnson's office starts a business of taking orders from people like me and purchasing the warranties on our behalf for a small fee.

Thank you everyone for your time.
  • Options
    river2000river2000 Member Posts: 1
    seems like a fair price
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    I paid $16,100 before fees for my LE, and that included dealer throwing in car mats and tint day of purchase. Also get a lifetime warranty through the dealer. I comparison shopped between 9 dealers and that was the best price I could get in my area of FL.
  • Options
    spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182

I paid $16,100 before fees for my LE, and that included dealer throwing in car mats and tint day of purchase. Also get a lifetime warranty through the dealer. I comparison shopped between 9 dealers and that was the best price I could get in my area of FL.

Great deal. Congratulation. I assume that you did not finance it through Toyota. Is that correct ? If I want to finance it for example, I should have to pay $750 more. Can you please verify this ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I financed through Toyota (well, Southeast Toyota Finance). They wanted to give me 3% APR and I refused, as I said I could do better with my own bank, so the dealership "claimed" they would eat the difference. I got 2.24%. Either way I plan on having it paid off in a year.
  • Options
    spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182

I financed through Toyota (well, Southeast Toyota Finance). They wanted to give me 3% APR and I refused, as I said I could do better with my own bank, so the dealership "claimed" they would eat the difference. I got 2.24%. Either way I plan on having it paid off in a year.

Wow, then this 0% APR for 60 months that they advertise all over the place is fake ?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    spidpooy said:

Wow, then this 0% APR for 60 months that they advertise all over the place is fake ?
    SE Toyota marches to the beat of a different drummer. Very regional in terms of incentives (rebates and subsidized financing)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I didn't see an advertised deal of 0% for 60 months for a Corolla when I purchased. Even going to Toyota.com now, I still only see:

New 2015 Corolla Financing - 0.0%/36 0.9%/48 1.9%/60 2.9%/72 Months APR

So considering that is a "deal", I'm fine with negotiating down to 2.24% for 72, considering I didn't really even think that could be negotiated through a dealer so I was happy.

The rates appear to be regional. When I put in a different zip code like MA (I'm in FL), I can see 0.9% for 60 months, but 0% only applies to 36 and 48 months for that region.
  • Options
    labilllabill Member Posts: 1
    Price paid this week for my new 2015 Toyota Corolla LE Plus in Los Angeles, CA:

MSRP: $20,015 ($18,965 + $225 Carpet Floor Mats & Trunk Mat + $825 Destination Fee)

I paid:
    $17,972.57 vehicle price
    + $80.00 dealer document processing charge
    + $1,624.73 sales tax
    + $29.00 electronic vehicle registration
    + $116.00 vehicle license fee
    + $101.00 registration/transfer/titling fees
    + $8.75 California tire fee
    Total OTD: $19,932.05

There was a choice between a $500 rebate or 0% financing. I chose the 0% financing option. If I had chosen the $500 rebate, the vehicle price would have been $17,472.57 and the OTD price would have been approx $19,432.05.
  • Options
    stolzes89stolzes89 Member Posts: 2
    Can anybody suggest how much will this treasure cost? http://italkaboutcars.com/toyota-corolla-2017
  • Options
    rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    Just purchased a 2015 Corolla S-Plus (blue crush metallic) for my daughter from Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee. It stickered at $21,967 which included floor mats, pin stripe, and ToyoGuard. I got the car for $18,132 plus dealer fee of $650 for a total of $18,782. Then tax, tag, and title fees were added. Out the door was $20,074. Really satisfied with the car and the price. A lot of features for the money and great gas mileage.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    rbell2 said:

Just purchased a 2015 Corolla S-Plus (blue crush metallic) for my daughter from Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee. It stickered at $21,967 which included floor mats, pin stripe, and ToyoGuard. I got the car for $18,132 plus dealer fee of $650 for a total of $18,782. Then tax, tag, and title fees were added. Out the door was $20,074. Really satisfied with the car and the price. A lot of features for the money and great gas mileage.

Congrats! Hope your daughter enjoys her new Corolla.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    flexibuyflexibuy Member Posts: 3
    Dealer : i-5 toyota chehalis WA
    Car : Toyota Corolla S plus Automatic 2015
    Price : $16150
    OTD price including tax is $17800 (tax rate 8%)

Note: Car was on a special promotion so no option to select color.
  • Options
    kohijcarskohijcars Member Posts: 1
    My first post on Edmund!
    It's really helpful and I learn a lot from everyone's sharing here so decided to contribute a little bit.

Just purchased a 2016 Corolla LE but couldn't find a thread for 2016 so I post it here.
    I negotiated the OTD price so I'll break it down according to my receipt.

Dealer: Family Toyota of Burleson TX
    Options: window tint and floor/trunk mats
    OTD price including everything $16873

Breakdown:
    Car price: 16550
    Tax: 972
    Doc fee 125
    Inventory Tax 35
    DMV fees 190.25
    Rebate -1000

I had been contacting with dealers for 2 months and experienced some many sales tactics. The worst ones were bait-and-switch and "that's financing price" from two other dealers. Got the pricing sheet which was higher than what they told me in email and I asked my sales if he can beat it. He beast it by $50 but the best part is he delivers it to my place!
  • Options
    punu055punu055 Member Posts: 21
    Seems like good deal. Good Luck.
  • Options
    vegan_ninjavegan_ninja Member Posts: 4
    kohijcars said:

My first post on Edmund!

OTD price including everything $16873

This looks like a incredible deal. My tax in California itself was $2000, and gone to waste! I got a LE premium dealer price was 19.5 + all fees
    Toyota Corolla 2016, Toyota Sienna 2006, Android, Vegan, Minimalist.