Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rear Sensors - MDX

plumekussplumekuss Member Posts: 18
edited February 2015 in Acura
I am looking at the MDX Tech package which does not have the rear parking sensors. I am considering adding it on separately. Thoughts? and do the dealers discount from the list add on price, currently about $875. Thx

Answers

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We don't show the "invoice" price for rear parking sensors.

But yeah, "everything" is negotiable.

Instead of haggling over the sensors, you could figure out what you want to pay for everything (including taxes and fees), and ask the dealer for their best "out the door" price. Then negotiate that one number down.

Good luck - are you shopping for a 2015 or 2016?
  • plumekussplumekuss Member Posts: 18
    Thanks. I am shopping for the 2015. Is the dealer installed rear sensor as good as when it comes from the factory? What has your experience been with this "after market" sort of install option?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,090
    plumekuss said:

Thanks. I am shopping for the 2015. Is the dealer installed rear sensor as good as when it comes from the factory? What has your experience been with this "after market" sort of install option?

Anecdotal evidence shows it's usually not as good as factory... It could be, but in practice, there may be integration issues..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• manuvamanuva Member Posts: 11
    I got the dealer installed rear sensors on 2015 Tech. They are pretty much same as factory installed, since the parts are same, and install follows the factory manual (not difficult). I was told that if you get it on delivery, the warranty is same as car warranty, otherwise only 1 year.

BTW, the rear sensor is not as good as the one on my Infiniti G37. It beeps, but doesn't show which sensor is causing the beep, i.e. where you are about to hit...