Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

On the fence - Mazda survival + 3S pricing - Your thoughts please

gtravisgtravis Member Posts: 27
edited February 2015 in Mazda
Google for "mazda3 sales slump". Read the top few articles. For a 3S hatch if I can get out the door price of around $20k comparable to a civic EX I would buy the 3S right now. But the 3S hatch is closer to $25k out the door. I plan to buy before the end of this year by Xmas 2015. no rush. Maybe pick up a used 2014-2015 3S still under warranty and low miles if Mazda does nothing with pricing. No idea how this is going to play out. Would like to hear others thoughts on this issue..

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    gtravis said:

Google for "mazda3 sales slump". Read the top few articles. For a 3S hatch if I can get out the door price of around $20k comparable to a civic EX I would buy the 3S right now. But the 3S hatch is closer to $25k out the door. I plan to buy before the end of this year by Xmas 2015. no rush. Maybe pick up a used 2014-2015 3S still under warranty and low miles if Mazda does nothing with pricing. No idea how this is going to play out. Would like to hear others thoughts on this issue..

If those cars don't sell, they will just sit on dealers lots until Mazda puts incentives on them. Dealers won't lose $3K-$4K per unit, just to move old inventory.

I think if you are waiting for Mazda to lower the price of the Mazda3 by $5000, you might as well go ahead and buy a Civic, Corolla or Golf, because it probably isn't going to happen.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator