Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Exhaust (With Video) - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Ford
imageExhaust (With Video) - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang has a 5.0-liter V8 engine and dual exhaust, but it is a bit less rowdy than some of the other exhaust notes in our fleet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Maybe. And maybe because younger people are more interested than folks my age in impressing people they don't know and will probably never see again.
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    I think the sound outside it just about right, but a little too muted in the cabin.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I agree that it sounds about right. Sure it's the big engine option in a Mustang but it's still a mainstream car. This has to appeal to a lot of people, not just those who want to scare the neighbors. Those who want to do so can look into exhaust options.
  • patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40
    Ford forgot how to make a V8 sound good. They're too distracted perfecting artificial sound symposiums instead.
  • indy_mistertindy_mistert Member Posts: 3
    Ford Racing catalog to the rescue (you should do it - they even have a few flavors)
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Sounds good to me. Too loud and might be annoying for DD. How is it on the highway? Any droning?
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited February 2015
    Sounds good to me. The one thing I loved most about the old late eighties and early nineties 5.0 is the exhaust note at idle. No revving. The cadence of the "Glub, Glub, Glub, Glub" sound from the exhaust told you that this was not your girlfriend's base model 4 banger Mustang before you saw the 5.0 on the fender.

You don't want loud exhaust all the time. When I'm cruising I want don't want to hear the engine and exhaust constantly droning in the background. However, when I'm getting on it I want to hear all the mechanical bits and pieces doing their thing. Basically I want the exhaust like the Mustang, no changes needed.
  • megatechpcmegatechpc Member Posts: 2
    I think it sounds about right. Of course I prefer the higher revving European V8's personally but not their price tags...