Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Simple Gauges - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Chevrolet
imageSimple Gauges - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is a pickup truck through and through. Even its gauges are simple and functional, just like they should be on a truck.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Sensible mix of true analog, with just enough digital to keep you informed about the most important mechanical aspects.
    Me like too!
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Simple, but two gauges short. Those vast empty spaces on the speedo and tach should be filled with the temp and fuel gauge, and the spaces above with volts and oil pressure, or perhaps oil pressure and trans fluid temp
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited February 2015

Simple, but two gauges short. Those vast empty spaces on the speedo and tach should be filled with the temp and fuel gauge, and the spaces above with volts and oil pressure, or perhaps oil pressure and trans fluid temp

The driver information center can give you all other vehicle system information. Most drivers are not constantly checking gauges. Modern vehicles will sound a chime and give a message to let you know if something needs your immediate attention. On trucks when you tow or haul heavy loads fluid temperatures are more important than oil pressure or volts. I like how Ram puts oil temp, transmission fluid temp, and coolant temp on one screen.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    These gauges seem more cheap than simple to me.
  • jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    hank39 said:

Completely agree
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    hank39 said:

i also agree. interior cheapness has kept me out of Chevys this long and will probably continue to do so despite the wonderful 400+-hp manual-equipped SS
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    12.2 mpg
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Now we're nit picking. How fancy does a needle on a gauge have to be?
    If it's highly visible & accurate, it's fine.
    reminder said:

Now we're nit picking. How fancy does a needle on a gauge have to be?
    If it's highly visible & accurate, it's fine.

considering its 2015, the needle on a gauge shouldnt look like it came from the movie "War Games", if youre old enough to remember that. but, thats just my opinion.
    edited February 2015

12.2 mpg

at least partially contributed to by the truck running idle to take photos like these
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    GM interiors are quite nice IMO, including the Impala, Malibu, Suburban and yes, the SS (with the Camaro being the painfully glaring exception). However, these gauges do look cheap to me. "Simple" does not have to mean "unattractive" or "downmarket".
  • nissanrulenissanrule Member Posts: 5
    My 2015 Xterra's gauge cluster looks better than that, and it was designed over a decade ago.
  • its_me5its_me5 Member Posts: 2

12.2 mpg

They only have 7.5 miles on that tank… it will get better, not that much better, but better