Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Needs Washer Fluid - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in BMW
imageNeeds Washer Fluid - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo needed windshield wiper fluid. I obliged the straightforward request.

Read the full story here

Comments

• eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48
    You still haven't explained why it was low already. Perhaps simply because the dealer didn't top it off like they were supposed to. Hardly out of the ordinary and hardly worthy of blog time.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    the bmw dealer never topped off our e90 when we brought it there.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Am I the only one who thinks that the space below the tach is kinda small for important vehicle system messages. I know the message is accompanied by a warning chime but since the entire space is a TFT display the odometer, temp and fuel info should go away and warning messages displayed in larger font. The odometer info could be moved to smaller space under the tach. Washer fluid is not important but what if it was a overheat warning or low oil level? Ford, maybe from experience, knows how to display malfunctions that get your attention
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvDlyAw6FMY
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Those Ford gauges with the blue needles sure look dated now.
  • rosmossrosmoss Member Posts: 9
    Shows up in the head up display in cars so equipped as well as the iDrive screen.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I'll take simple and straightforward over that mess on the 328i.
    Complexity for the sake of complexity leads to expensive repairs down the line.
    I can't remember ever hearing a passenger in my vehicles say, "Hey, that's an impressive gauge cluster."
  • 535gt535gt Member Posts: 1
    My 535IGT uses the washer fluid really fast because theres a headlight washer that uses the washer fluid in addition to the wipers...
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I had an E90 that went through more washer fluid in the 2 1/2 years I leased it than any other car I've ever owned, combined. @535gt is correct. It is because the headlight washers use so much!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD