Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota Sienna Prices Paid

dex_bdex_b Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Toyota
Hi,

I am in GA and am looking to buy a 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE. Am not sure how to go about it. Does anyone have anything to share about prices paid for their Sienna (excluding state taxes) and where it was bought. Would save me a great deal of time and money.

I have been to one dealership and was given a quote of $35,500 plus a $600 dealership service fee plus GA state taxes. is that any good ?

With thanks,
Dex B

Comments

• amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    My friend bought a 2015 XLE with nav. Only add one were carpet mats, and door guards.
    He paid around $33000+TTL. I felt it's a decent price for a 2015.
  • sc_lasc_la Member Posts: 2
    Got offers for 2015 SE Premium for low 36K. Dealer says 2014 SE will be ~2K less for So Cal LA area. Strangely dealers want to push for 2015 rather than 2014
  • nealf1nealf1 Member Posts: 1
    What prices were you quoted for the Platinum Extended Warranty on the Sienna? Our dealer wanted $2300 for a 7year 100k bundled roadside assistance/ car rental on a 2015 Sienna SE preferred package. Could I get just the warranty for less than $1500 by shopping around?

Also, can I add the extended warranty at any time before the basic bumper to bumper (3yr/36k) expires?
  • cargeek11cargeek11 Member Posts: 1
    My local dealer is offering a discount of $4900 on 2015 Sienna XLE 8 Seater. Has Nav and Rear Entertainment System. 34,597 before Tax, Title and License. Is that a good price. Appreciate your feedback.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer who is happy with their longer-term loan because of the lower monthly payments. If you were able to get into a new car because a 72- or 84- month loan made the payments easier to swallow, and you would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, February 27, 2015 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.
    edited February 2015
    cargeek11 said:

My local dealer is offering a discount of $4900 on 2015 Sienna XLE 8 Seater. Has Nav and Rear Entertainment System. 34,597 before Tax, Title and License. Is that a good price. Appreciate your feedback.

Looks like a good quote to me. TMV, including a $1,000 incentive, is $35,573. So your dealer "found" another $1,000 and gave you a price below invoice.

Good luck!
  • patnicpatnic Member Posts: 27
    Just picked up 2015 Sienna XLE Creme Brulee (no extras) at Spartan Toyota in Lansing, Michigan. $3000 off sticker plus tax, title, etc. They are a no-haggle dealer. Went with the .9% for 60 months instead of the $750 rebate. In order to get the straight $3,000 you have to pick off of their lot or they will charge you more to get another vehicle off another dealer's lot. I originally wanted the Silver and it would have cost $150 more to get the car. Checked out the Creme Brulee and it just fine.

They also include a Non-Factory Limited Powertrain Lifetime Warranty on all new Toyota vehicles (valid at any ASE certified dealership or shop) if you follow Toyota's service plan as long as I own the vehicle.

• limenjlimenj Member Posts: 20
    Why is this forum so dead? The Odyssey forum has much more activity. Anyone chime in with their best price with leather?
  • agag Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2015 Sienna XLE at a toyota dealership in shouthern PA for $32800 out the door, after $1000 rebate for getting my own financing.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    ag said:

Just bought a new 2015 Sienna XLE at a toyota dealership in shouthern PA for $32800 out the door, after $1000 rebate for getting my own financing.

Congratulations!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• oh43054oh43054 Member Posts: 7
    Anybody have best prices paid for a LE AWD in the Chicagoland/North West Indiana Area?
  • oh43054oh43054 Member Posts: 7
    Why is this thread so dead? Anybody out there ? any idea of August incentives for sienna from Toyota. When are the 2016s going to hit the lots. I am in the market for a XLE Premium FWD in Blizzard Pearl/Bisque in the Chicago area. Any one see any good deals on these lately? Debating on whether to wait for the 2016s..
    oh43054 said:

Why is this thread so dead? Anybody out there ? any idea of August incentives for sienna from Toyota. When are the 2016s going to hit the lots. I am in the market for a XLE Premium FWD in Blizzard Pearl/Bisque in the Chicago area. Any one see any good deals on these lately? Debating on whether to wait for the 2016s..

Guess folks who buy Sienna's don't need to check boards like this to get the best prices. They may be missing out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• spcol03spcol03 Member Posts: 2
    ag said:
    Can you share what dealership this was from?
  • chriswollanchriswollan Member Posts: 7
    I am in SoCal and hunting right now for best prices on XLE and XLE premium.  I will update forum with what I experience price-wise and if I end up getting anything I will let the forum know where, cap cost, mf, rv, down payment, miles selected, and total month to lease payment.
    Alright, I have information to report back. I got two quotes I was very pleased with, but ultimately settled on the higher one based on convenience (location was 10 minutes away and I physically saw and drove the car I leased as opposed to the other that was 1 hour 15 away, and they did not currently have the car). So here are the details:

Valley Hi Toyota - Victorville
    2015 XLE Premium, Shoreline Blue Pearl Exterior, Ash Interior, Model 5349C (did not have in stock but said would order from nearby location at no additional cost - I was a bit skeptical)

Add-Ons:
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector - $330.00
    Remote Engine Start - $499.00
    Roof Rack Cross Bars - $185.00

Total MSRP 40,354.00

Was quoted at a cap cost of $35,568 (near $5k off MSRP).
    12000 miles - $151.98 drive off fee; $22,195 residual; lease payments of $443.83 per month including tax
    15000 miles - $176.18 drive off fee; $21,388 residual; lease payments of $468.03 per month including tax

stated this was priced at 1250 back of invoice.

Ultimately I passed on this, even though I think it is an amazing deal. The drive would have been 1 hour 15 minutes one-way, and they did not currently have the car in stock. I did not want to risk getting out there and finding out that the deal was too good to be true and have to storm off and waste my day. I also had not met the salesman in person, and you just never know. There are some real [non-permissible content removed] out there.

Larry H. Miller Toyota - Corona
    2015 XLE Premium, Shoreline Blue Pearl Exterior, Ash Interior, Model 5349C (I physically saw this car when my wife and I first visited the lot. We had been inquiring about whether they had any XLE premiums, and at first they thought they did not, we test drove an SE and looked at a standard XLE. Near the end of the night we were shown a 2013 used XLE premium just to see the entertainment package it had, and when we went back inside to talk numbers the salesman found that they had a blue XLE premium on the lot (we had wanted blue, and it was the only XLE they had in that color as well).

Add-Ons:

Total MSRP $39,670.00

I went through fleet/sales department and received this initial quote:
    cap cost 38,425
    12000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,819.00 residual; with lease payments of $594.13 per month including tax

I thanked the guy for his time and went home to sleep on it. I couldn't sleep. I was up at 5:00am researching car prices. I used truecar and edmunds to search the cap cost of the XLE premium. Shockingly, the Corona Toyota showed up in both, giving me an Edmunds cap cost of $35,444 (this included $1,000 cash back for purchase rebate) and truecar cap cost of $36,180.00. Well, armed with this information, I drafted an email to the salesperson at Corona Toyota that essentially said that I would like to get the lease payments down in the low $400s with no money down, I wanted to now what money factor was used, what % the residual value was (53% on XLE premium FYI - which is on the lower end for Toyotas) and how low we could get my cap cost - and I referenced the truecar and edmunds.

That day I was quoted at a cap cost of $35,874.03
    12000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,819 residual; lease payments of $469.87 per month including tax
    15000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,025 residual; lease payments of $494.43 per month including tax

After I received the quote from Valley Hi, I provided the details to the Corona Toyota and asked if they could match. The salesman took the next hour, and then got back to me and said they could not budge, and they understood completely if I had to take the other deal and that it was a really great offer. He specifically said if it was within $50 dollars he would tell me to just come down and go with Corona, but the disparity he acknowledged was near $1,000 in payments ($1,500.00 with extras) and he understood that I need to do what was best for my family.

Now, I know that they could have budged more at the Corona location, not only because of the quote from Valley Hi, but also because my money factor was .00001 (essentially .24%) and when I run the cap cost and residual through the many online calculators, I get something closer to $425 per month. But a business needs to make a profit, and what it came down to for me was that the personnel at Toyota Corona were exceptional. Richard, who assisted the fleet sales manager, Luis, took my wife and I on two different test drives. He was incredibly helpful, not pushy at all, and never seemed to be in a rush. It literally felt like we could have test driven for hours and he would have been fine with it. Luis was also great to work with. Sure he quoted me high initially, but as a buyer it is my job to ask the right questions. He was never pushy, and he never tried to deceive me. When I asked the right question he brought the price down substantially. To add to it, the location was a 10 minute drive away, and I knew the car I wanted was there. Oh, and when I drove it off the lot it had 10 miles on the odomoter, and I physically (along with my wife) but 7 of those on it during the test drives. When we were nearing conclusion we found out the car had only been there 5 days. One other tid-bit, when hunting quotes I was informed by another dealer that only 7 XLE premiums in Shoreline Blue or Sky Blue (the two colors of interest) existed within 500 miles of us. So that definitely added to the decision. To have the color we wanted, in the package we desired (premium) right down the street, and with upstanding and more importantly friendly/non-pushy salespeople, the decision was easy.

Hope this helps some of you. Remember, ask about cap cost, money factor (I was a tier 1+ credit rating which helped a lot), and residual. The lower the cap cost and money factor, the lower the monthly lease. The higher the residual the lower the lease. I think a target of mid-400s for an XLE premium is entirely appropriate. Don't be afraid to keep hunting and utilize edumnds and true car price/certificate guarantee quotes. Saved me $3,600 literally overnight.

Happy hunting
    One more tid-bit. When I showed up to lease, the salesman at Corona had actually knocked my lease payments down on both 15,000 and 12,000 miles (not much but it was nice). Ended up getting 15,000 miles down to $488.26 (the one I took) and 12,000 miles down to $463.71. So that was another $215.00 in my pocket.

Alright, I have information to report back. I got two quotes I was very pleased with, but ultimately settled on the higher one based on convenience (location was 10 minutes away and I physically saw and drove the car I leased as opposed to the other that was 1 hour 15 away, and they did not currently have the car). So here are the details:

Valley Hi Toyota - Victorville
    2015 XLE Premium, Shoreline Blue Pearl Exterior, Ash Interior, Model 5349C (did not have in stock but said would order from nearby location at no additional cost - I was a bit skeptical)

Add-Ons:
    Remote Engine Start - $499.00
    Roof Rack Cross Bars - $185.00

Total MSRP 40,354.00

Was quoted at a cap cost of $35,568 (near $5k off MSRP).
    12000 miles - $151.98 drive off fee; $22,195 residual; lease payments of $443.83 per month including tax
    15000 miles - $176.18 drive off fee; $21,388 residual; lease payments of $468.03 per month including tax

stated this was priced at 1250 back of invoice.

Ultimately I passed on this, even though I think it is an amazing deal. The drive would have been 1 hour 15 minutes one-way, and they did not currently have the car in stock. I did not want to risk getting out there and finding out that the deal was too good to be true and have to storm off and waste my day. I also had not met the salesman in person, and you just never know. There are some real [non-permissible content removed] out there.

Larry H. Miller Toyota - Corona
    2015 XLE Premium, Shoreline Blue Pearl Exterior, Ash Interior, Model 5349C (I physically saw this car when my wife and I first visited the lot. We had been inquiring about whether they had any XLE premiums, and at first they thought they did not, we test drove an SE and looked at a standard XLE. Near the end of the night we were shown a 2013 used XLE premium just to see the entertainment package it had, and when we went back inside to talk numbers the salesman found that they had a blue XLE premium on the lot (we had wanted blue, and it was the only XLE they had in that color as well).

Add-Ons:

Total MSRP $39,670.00

I went through fleet/sales department and received this initial quote:
    cap cost 38,425
    12000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,819.00 residual; with lease payments of $594.13 per month including tax

I thanked the guy for his time and went home to sleep on it. I couldn't sleep. I was up at 5:00am researching car prices. I used truecar and edmunds to search the cap cost of the XLE premium. Shockingly, the Corona Toyota showed up in both, giving me an Edmunds cap cost of $35,444 (this included $1,000 cash back for purchase rebate) and truecar cap cost of $36,180.00. Well, armed with this information, I drafted an email to the salesperson at Corona Toyota that essentially said that I would like to get the lease payments down in the low $400s with no money down, I wanted to now what money factor was used, what % the residual value was (53% on XLE premium FYI - which is on the lower end for Toyotas) and how low we could get my cap cost - and I referenced the truecar and edmunds.

That day I was quoted at a cap cost of $35,874.03
    12000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,819 residual; lease payments of $469.87 per month including tax
    15000 miles - $0.00 drive off fee; $21,025 residual; lease payments of $494.43 per month including tax

After I received the quote from Valley Hi, I provided the details to the Corona Toyota and asked if they could match. The salesman took the next hour, and then got back to me and said they could not budge, and they understood completely if I had to take the other deal and that it was a really great offer. He specifically said if it was within $50 dollars he would tell me to just come down and go with Corona, but the disparity he acknowledged was near $1,000 in payments ($1,500.00 with extras) and he understood that I need to do what was best for my family.

Now, I know that they could have budged more at the Corona location, not only because of the quote from Valley Hi, but also because my money factor was .00001 (essentially .24%) and when I run the cap cost and residual through the many online calculators, I get something closer to $425 per month. But a business needs to make a profit, and what it came down to for me was that the personnel at Toyota Corona were exceptional. Richard, who assisted the fleet sales manager, Luis, took my wife and I on two different test drives. He was incredibly helpful, not pushy at all, and never seemed to be in a rush. It literally felt like we could have test driven for hours and he would have been fine with it. Luis was also great to work with. Sure he quoted me high initially, but as a buyer it is my job to ask the right questions. He was never pushy, and he never tried to deceive me. When I asked the right question he brought the price down substantially. To add to it, the location was a 10 minute drive away, and I knew the car I wanted was there. Oh, and when I drove it off the lot it had 10 miles on the odomoter, and I physically (along with my wife) but 7 of those on it during the test drives. When we were nearing conclusion we found out the car had only been there 5 days. One other tid-bit, when hunting quotes I was informed by another dealer that only 7 XLE premiums in Shoreline Blue or Sky Blue (the two colors of interest) existed within 500 miles of us. So that definitely added to the decision. To have the color we wanted, in the package we desired (premium) right down the street, and with upstanding and more importantly friendly/non-pushy salespeople, the decision was easy.

Hope this helps some of you. Remember, ask about cap cost, money factor (I was a tier 1+ credit rating which helped a lot), and residual. The lower the cap cost and money factor, the lower the monthly lease. The higher the residual the lower the lease. I think a target of mid-400s for an XLE premium is entirely appropriate. Don't be afraid to keep hunting and utilize edumnds and true car price/certificate guarantee quotes. Saved me $3,600 literally overnight.

Happy hunting

Thanks for reporting back in ... you did good with your research and getting a good and fair deal.

Enjoy your new Sienna!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bumofthedaybumoftheday Member Posts: 16
    XLE + mats + ToyoGuard + front window tint. MSRP $37,532. 36 month, 15k mile lease for $385 with 0 down including first month payment. 35 total payments. $361.50 + $23.50 (6.5%) tax for a total of $385.
  • shizim1shizim1 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    thoughts on this deal?

XLE AWD

NAV package $775
    carpets/sill protectors - $330
    mud gards - $129
    roof rack cross bars - $185

MSRP of $39,719
    Price (incl doc fee but excluding tax registration) - $35, 172

• bfg9001bfg9001 Member Posts: 5
    Does Toyota realize that releasing a US Alphard could make them king of the hill again??
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a Toyota Sienna (2015 or 2016), a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2015, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://bit.ly/1M6rOvA

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rictomrictom Member Posts: 89
    Anyone know when the 2016 Siennas will be out? Or what the specs will be?
    edited November 2015
    This dealer blog is the closest thing I can find to "official" info and it's pretty skinny:

The 2016 Sienna is designed to keep you and your family safe on the road
    thanks Stever. yes pretty thin but more than I had found so far. I heard sometime this month they should be out.
    Just made deal 2015 Sienna LE FWD w/all weather mats out the door $28900. Feel good about it. Should I? :-)
    rictom said:

Just made deal 2015 Sienna LE FWD w/all weather mats out the door $28900. Feel good about it. Should I? :-)

What is the breakdown?

Price
    Fees
    Taxes (state and tax rate)

And OTD number isn't terribly helpful as everyone pays a different amount in taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Forgot it's 8 passenger.
    Here's more info: No sales tax in Oregon
    I got offers from 3 dealers. All just over 29k out the door. I wanted to purchase from the most convenient dealer who happened to give me the highest quote. Gave him the range he had to be in to be considered. He came back and said whatever number I needed he would make it work.
    Trim: 2015 Sienna LE FWD 8 passenger Shoreline blue
    Vehicle Price: $31,430
    Rebates $1,250
    Discounts $525
    Destination: $900
    Doc Fees $75
    DMV Fees $273
    Accessories if any $145 (All-Weather Mats)
    FIRST total OTD was $31,048
    I checked truecar and edmunds and kbb and came back with
    $28,900 OTD He accepted.

It is a 2015 and it is end of year so had some leverage.

rictom said:

Here's more info: No sales tax in Oregon
    I got offers from 3 dealers. All just over 29k out the door. I wanted to purchase from the most convenient dealer who happened to give me the highest quote. Gave him the range he had to be in to be considered. He came back and said whatever number I needed he would make it work.
    Trim: 2015 Sienna LE FWD 8 passenger Shoreline blue
    Vehicle Price: $31,430
    Rebates $1,250
    Discounts $525
    Destination: $900
    Doc Fees $75
    DMV Fees $273
    Accessories if any $145 (All-Weather Mats)
    FIRST total OTD was $31,048
    I checked truecar and edmunds and kbb and came back with
    $28,900 OTD He accepted.

It is a 2015 and it is end of year so had some leverage.

Ah - no sales tax in Oregon. Nice!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bestdealcomeonbestdealcomeon Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know if 0% apr and $1250 is stackable. In NJ 
    Thanks!

Anyone know if 0% apr and $1250 is stackable. In NJ 
    Thanks!

If the $1250 is a customer incentive, I'm guessing no. It's either / or.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• padoopadoo Member Posts: 37
    I have been offered Sienna Limited Premium
    MSRP $47860
    Cap Cost: $42085
    RResidual $25365
    Tax percentage 7.5% in ventura CA
    0 drive off $500 monthly including tax 12k/ 36 months

is this a good deal?
    And doing balloon payment on lease a good option?

Thanks
    padoo said:

I have been offered Sienna Limited Premium
    MSRP $47860
    Cap Cost: $42085
    RResidual $25365
    Tax percentage 7.5% in ventura CA
    0 drive off $500 monthly including tax 12k/ 36 months

is this a good deal?
    And doing balloon payment on lease a good option?

Thanks

Looks solid.

Not sure what you mean by 'balloon payment' - at the end of the lease you can either buy the car for the residual value or turn it in and walk away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks and sorry not balloon payment but single payment
    padoo said:

Thanks and sorry not balloon payment but single payment

I don't' believe Toyota offers a single payment lease option.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They changed the deal it is 0 down but 1000 drive off. Is this still a good deal?
    padoo said:

They changed the deal it is 0 down but 1000 drive off. Is this still a good deal?

What does the drive off consist of?

Looks solid from here ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

first payment and DMV fees
    padoo said:

first payment and DMV fees

No objections here

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maudlin2001maudlin2001 Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2016
    Hi @Michaell, Do you know of any rebates available for 2015 Toyota Sienna LE in Florida. Here is the deal I have. Want to know how to improve this.

Vehicle Price: $33,064.00
    Reduction $5,628.00
    Selling rice: $27,436.00
    Sales Tax (estimate):$1,706.83
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $298.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $6.50
    Title Fee: + $5.95
    Dealer Service Fee: + $699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $30,153.98
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217

Hi @Michaell, Do you know of any rebates available for 2015 Toyota Sienna LE in Florida. Here is the deal I have. Want to know how to improve this.

Vehicle Price: $33,064.00
    Reduction $5,628.00
    Selling rice: $27,436.00
    Sales Tax (estimate):$1,706.83
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $298.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $6.50
    Title Fee: + $5.95
    Dealer Service Fee: + $699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $30,153.98

$2000 dealer cash OR 0.0% financing up to 72 months.

What does the dealer do for $699.95? lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    My wife and I just picked up a used 2015 Sienna LE with 20K miles for $23,500...my only complaint about the vehicle so far is that the roof rack didn't come with the cross bars...I have to buy them separately...other than that, we are extremely happy with the purchase price, and the vehicle in general...it has lots of bells and whistles that our last van (a 2003 Mazda MPV) didn't have...I'm going to be spending quite some time in the manual trying to figure out how all of this stuff works!
    edited August 2016
    Congrats! You might try your local auto salvage yard for the cross bars, you never know what kind of deal you can find at those places. Check online stores or eBay too. Likely cheaper than the parts department at your dealer.
    I found a set on Amazon for $106, which I don't think is too bad...
    Yeah, and I trust Amazon a lot more than eBay. Even basic Yakima pipe bars are $~70 a pair. Sure makes me miss my Quick n Easy racks with the 2x4 rails. Not that I cartop stuff anymore anyway.
    Does anyone make locking ones?
    edited August 2016
    My Yakima towers had optional locking cores. Bet Thule does too. Bet the OEM stuff doesn't.

The locks will only discourage casual thieves though.