Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

My car with less than 9,000 miles, the transmission was replaced 2 days ago!

dekeyser2010dekeyser2010 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Toyota
I could not put my 2013 Toyota Camry in Reverse. It was towed to the dealer. After a few days they notified me the transmission went out. They stressed this was a VERY rare occurrence, it took them a couple of days to figure it out! Of course, my car was still under warranty, so there was no charge. I went to pick up, they handed me my keys and sent me on my way. There was no discussion about anything!

Should I have demanded any kind of additional WARRANTY extension? Does this fall under the Lemon Law for Iowa? Would you be afraid of additional problems in the future? Thank you for any assistance!

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I can understand your concerns but I'm sure your car will be fine.

Things happen and you should have no more troubles. This can happen on ANY car!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sometimes stuff just breaks. You may want to swing by the dealer and ask the service writer for a copy of the repair order "for your files".
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    No it doesn't qualify for the lemon law---at least not yet. If multiple failures and multiple attempts are made to fix the same problem, it might be in the future. But there may be no future problems.

These things do happen, however. When I worked for Mercedes, I remember engines blowing up every now and then even on the most expensive cars.

Anything made by man (and his robots) can, and will, fail every so often. There is no avoiding it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    We had a Honda Accord... transmission went out at 19K miles. Replaced under warranty... Never a hiccup, after that. (if that makes you feel any better).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator