Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Changing battery in key fob

houston2014houston2014 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Mazda
I have looked on line but all the videos, show a different type. Mine is locked down under hard plastic

Comments

• lew22lew22 Member Posts: 2
    No solution, just encouragement. I've done this on various cars and it's always easy once you find the video that shows you the trick for opening the fob. Keep looking and be specific in the search. If you just get a screwdriver and start forcing the separation you'll likely damage the fob and it won't clip back together. By the way, I just did my 2012 CX-9 and the battery cost $6 at Walgreens. Surprisingly, the local Mazda said they would do it for only $9 so that might be worth a call before you give up in frustration.
  • tigerpaw85tigerpaw85 Member Posts: 2

I have looked on line but all the videos, show a different type. Mine is locked down under hard plastic

• tigerpaw85tigerpaw85 Member Posts: 2
    I currently have 4 Mazda's that all have remotes. The battery on them do run out but at my dealership in Cary, NC they are more the willing to replace the battery in the remotes for FREE!