Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Powerful, but Too Heavy - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Lexus
imagePowerful, but Too Heavy - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Lexus RC F has plenty of power and performs well in our instrumented tests, but what is it like to drive?

Read the full story here

Comments

• redskinsdmvredskinsdmv Member Posts: 52
    Anything of note at the 5K service? Seemed to have skipped over any details.
  • nedmundonedmundo Member Posts: 33
    How does your Mustang GT compare, with its 435 hp, 400 tq., and 3,705 lbs.? I know it's in a different class, but IMO the comparison would be fascinating.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    " I haven't had a chance to drive the M4 yet, but the M235i is so close performance-wise ..."

The M4 goes through the traps about 10mph faster than the M235.
    That is huge.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Seems my prediction is spot-on- This is a luxurious Dodge Challenger. It may be a great car, but it will ALWAYS come back to the weight issue. It gets a little annoying. After a few years of reading about the Challenger's weight issues, I don't want to read any more. Let's not do the same for the RC. Drive the car as what it is- a fast, powerful Grand Tourer. This car does not pretend to be in the class of the M4. It's more of a reliable CL65 AMG- big power, big comfort.
  • cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    "500 pounds heavier than most of its top rivals", or "500 pounds heavier than 2 BMWs, but otherwise identical to its rivals"? Just saying.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    @nedmundo: I think the RC-F is in a perceived different class than the Mustang, but in reality it's not. I'd rather have the Mustang and substantial extra cash in my pocket for some track days.
  • carfreak13carfreak13 Member Posts: 17
    "The M4 goes through the traps about 10mph faster than the M235.
    That is huge." is it 30k huge? think of how many mods your could put on an m235i with 30k. it would blow the m4 out of the water.
  • spdracerutspdracerut Member Posts: 8
    Keep in mind where Travis was driving, and that's the tight canyon roads in Malibu. It's all 30-60mph stuff and 60mph is not exactly advisable. Acceleration doesn't mean much up there, it's about lateral grip and nimbleness. So the extra power of the M4 is really of no use vs. the M235.