Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chevrolet Trax Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
image2015 Chevrolet Trax Road Test | Edmunds.com

The 2015 Chevrolet Trax is one of several new subcompact crossover SUVs that will arrive in dealerships within the next year. This road test review highlights its strong value and safety, copious storage compartments, commendable fuel economy and surprisingly spacious interior.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Can you get heated seats in the LT? No CUV/SUV should require the highest trim level to get heated seats. And really, sonsidering that you can buy a basic seat heater kit at retail for about $60 a seat, they really should just be standard.

The Honda offers a more powerful engine as does the Subaru, but since both are CVT's, were I shopping for this type of vehicle my list would consist of this, the CX3 and the upcoming Jeep. That's a shame because I think the Crosstrek is a terrific looking vehicle.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    I'd probably go with a dealer installed seat heater kit or swap the big wheels with someone - priced one heater kit at a Toyota dealer earlier this year for around $300 and it looked fine and came with a warranty from the dealer.

Looks like the pendulum has swung back to compact spares. Nice to see that instead of a "kit". Or runflats.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It is always interesting what features are or are not included at various trim levels. We bought a new vehicle for my wife earlier this year and didn't get the manual transmission we wanted (I know, we're weird) because "extras" like power windows and door locks could not be added. That, or a manual transmission drivetrain couldn't be put in a vehicle that had those things? Silly
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    the Buick encore is a very attractive vehicle im glad there is vinally a more "basic" version. however i wonder how this will canabalize the buick's success.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    chol92594 said:

you essentially have to pick and choose what you can and cannot live without.

You hit the nail on the head! It should be about what you want on the vehicle, but it almost never is. It's not as bad as cable TV packages, but that's another subject for a different forum B)
  • buzerd03buzerd03 Member Posts: 5
    The HRV does not have more power than the Trax and the Crosstrek has a whopping 10hp more.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Encore or Trax? Well I don't fit well in a sonic but will have to go for a test fit.
  • kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    Isn't this and the Encore, Daewoos built in South Korea?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Both are built in South Korea and China. The Trax is also built in Mexico and some Encores are built in Spain. The original platform was based on an Opel and the current platform was developed by GM Daewoo. All per Wikipedia.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Nice review, with added illustration of how plus-sizing tires can hurt ride quality (did the plus sizers help handling ??).