Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Prices Paid

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited April 2015 in Volvo
This discussion was created from comments split from: Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience.

Comments

• bulldog12bulldog12 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

I am wondering of anyone else has been negotiating the MSRP on the new 2016 Volvo XC90.  I ordered a T6 inscription model in Crystal white metallic with the following options:
    Inscription package
    Vision package 
    Blond perforated Napa leather
    Heads up display
    Bowers and Wilkins stereo
    Integrated child safety seat 
    21" 8 spoke rims 

Total package came to MSRP of $62,055.
    Negotiated price of 60,175 (including doc/destination fee) + TTL
    Paid $2000 completely refundable deposit.
    Should be in around to July 2016.

At least three other dealers refused to negotiate one dollar below the MSRP so I felt pretty good about this deal.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2015
    Sounds nice @bulldog12. Are you getting this one from an Evansville area dealer?

Curious about your deposit too - was that on a credit card or ?

thanks!
  • bulldog12bulldog12 Member Posts: 7
    I'll never tell.

No...it was debit.
  • Testing123Testing123 Member Posts: 113
    bulldog12 said:

I'll never tell.

No...it was debit.

That is silly that you do not want to share the dealer's name but then why even mentioned that you got the best deal in the world? In any event you have the right to not say if you do not want to.

I went to a dealer today, test drove the vehicle. Minus the rattle coming at 25 MPH on local road from the front cockpit area around the center bowers and wilkens speaker, they did an awesome job with the vehicle. No wind noise, no road noise and the overall NVH is pretty decent.

The dealer said not even a penny under MSRP. I said thank you and walked out. Of course, I could have put in a $2000 refundable deposit but whats the point of blocking my 2 grand for nothing.

I will wait until the Wow Factor comes down a bit.
  • theguru78theguru78 Member Posts: 9
    I have a first edition number 357 that I ordered that is now at the dealership for me to pick up. It's one of only 500 for USA and out of 1900 in the world, fully loaded with more options than you can get. I am not going to take delivery. Virginia Beach area, anyone want it?
    theguru78 said:

I have a first edition number 357 that I ordered that is now at the dealership for me to pick up. It's one of only 500 for USA and out of 1900 in the world, fully loaded with more options than you can get. I am not going to take delivery. Virginia Beach area, anyone want it?

If you are getting this vehicle, then read this about airbag recall. First production vehicles appear to have this problem. Volvo says they have since put in "extra" Quality Control things in place.
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016-volvo-xc90-suv-recalled-for-potential-airbag-problem.html
  • deb_09touringdeb_09touring Member Posts: 3
    I have only been to one dealer and was offered 3000 off retail ($2000 plus $1000 volvo loyalty). This dealer charges only required fees (tax, tag, etc). I don't expect to get a better offer than that. I am also getting the Inscription with white metallic, BLIS (or possibly vision package) and convenience package.
    edited June 2015

I have only been to one dealer and was offered 3000 off retail ($2000 plus $1000 volvo loyalty). This dealer charges only required fees (tax, tag, etc). I don't expect to get a better offer than that. I am also getting the Inscription with white metallic, BLIS (or possibly vision package) and convenience package.

At this time, that is probably the best price in the whole country. In NJ or PA, dealers are not offering anything less than $1000 below MSRP. However, I strongly feel that waiting for a few months say Nov/Dec or early Jan could change things for better. I am hoping to pay below invoice. Enjoy your new car!! It is awesome to drive.
  • coolwaves1coolwaves1 Member Posts: 5

Which area dealer did you get this deal?
  • dillman1dillman1 Member Posts: 1
    2016 xc90 inscription limited edition with every upgrade imaginable.  Out the door around $69k.  $4500 down. $1060 a month. 36 months. 10,000 miles.  Nevada.
    dillman1 said:

2016 xc90 inscription limited edition with every upgrade imaginable.  Out the door around $69k.  $4500 down. $1060 a month. 36 months. 10,000 miles.  Nevada.

Hi Dillman1: Could you please elaborate a bit? What was the MSRP and if you got $4500 below MSRP. Did the dealer have the vehicle or was it ordered for you? What was the precise month of lease?
  • coolwaves1coolwaves1 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    Base price just went up $1K for 2016 Momentum.
  • qiudaoqiudao Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I just heard from the dealer. Since Monday August 3rd, the base price went up $900.
    I think it's not fair for the current potential buyers. If I cannot negatiate a price based upon previous MSRP price, I'll go to another brand, MB or BMW.
    The management of Volvo must be out of their minds thinking people will pay a lot more for for just its brand.
  • mickwmickw Member Posts: 1
    Price also increased on the Vision package from $1,600 to $1,800.
  • dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    How long do you guys think they can hold out asking for MSRP on this car? Really seems like they are making these to order to create "demand" through manipulated supply constraint.

Best I've seen is $1,000 below MSRP. If anyone has a dealer quoting lower - let me know.

Anyone know what the go to Volvo forum would be?
  • sephiroth4761sephiroth4761 Member Posts: 1
    dalema said:

Anyone know what the go to Volvo forum would be?

Swedespeed
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    Same question I have... I need Jan 2016 MF's and residuals for the XC90. I've got two dealers giving me two different numbers and don't know which one is correct.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,287
    deenx said:
    Same question I have... I need Jan 2016 MF's and residuals for the XC90. I've got two dealers giving me two different numbers and don't know which one is correct.
     Unfortunately, we have not seen Volvo lease numbers for the past couple of months. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    There is a vehicle in stock at a local dealer, and I'm interested in it. It was a special order (it has Homelink, but not the rest of the Convenience Package), and apparently, the person who ordered it decided not to buy it once it came in.

Do you think that this can help from a price negotiation standpoint? Or does it really not make any difference given the market?
  • rboilardrboilard Member Posts: 25
    All you can do is go in and see what kind of deal they'll give you. If it doesn't match what you want, you walk.

There is a vehicle in stock at a local dealer, and I'm interested in it. It was a special order (it has Homelink, but not the rest of the Convenience Package), and apparently, the person who ordered it decided not to buy it once it came in.

Do you think that this can help from a price negotiation standpoint? Or does it really not make any difference given the market?

I can say that when I had to special order my vehicle that was not in stock, I negotiated it $3100 below MSRP successfully. So there you go, anything under $3000 from MSRP should be a good deal. In your case, given that the vehicle is in stock, start with $500 below invoice. And they will agree to sell at invoice. Tell them that 2017 XC90 is around the corner and it is in their best interest to sell the car.
    Several XC90 owners have been complaining that water is leaking from the sunroof causing damage to headliner, etc. This is an ongoing issue and so far there is no TSB on this. Frustrated owners' have been posting pictures and comments here:

http://support.volvocars.com/forum/topic252-xc-water-leaks.aspx#

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?279177-XC90-repurchase-pending-should-I-stay-with-Volvo-or-go-elsewhere&highlight=xc90+leak

Not sure why Edmunds is not covering this issue.
  • m_kothuri@yahoo.comm_kothuri@yahoo.com Member Posts: 44
    Xc90 t6 momentum quote

MSRP 55015
    Capitalized Cost 50138
    Money down $2963.67 to cover taxes, fees and first month's payment
    Money factor .00069
    Residual $30,258.25
    Monthly payment $596.69
    12k/39 months
    In NJ

Any comments??
  • m_kothuri@yahoo.comm_kothuri@yahoo.com Member Posts: 44
    2016 model
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    edited June 2016

Xc90 t6 momentum quote

MSRP 55015
    Capitalized Cost 50138
    Money down $2963.67 to cover taxes, fees and first month's payment
    Money factor .00069
    Residual $30,258.25
    Monthly payment $596.69
    12k/39 months
    In NJ

Any comments??

2016 model

.00069 MF and 55% residual

I get $565/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator