Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Comments

• gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    What is the MF/RESIDUAL on a us bank lease for say 36/12 or 24mo/12 miles for same 2wd as above? 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    gotgt3 said:
    What is the MF/RESIDUAL on a us bank lease for say 36/12 or 24mo/12 miles for same 2wd as above? 
    The only numbers we have are from Hyundai finance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Is there any way to check the numbers from US Bank?
    & I apologise if this is in the wrong place - I am in a bit of a bind. Approaching lease end and plenty of equity in the car if I purchase at end lease, however, they are saying the dealer buyout is not just a few grand but 10k over the buyout for me. So all equity would be lost. HAve also read this bank tends to gouge at lease end using bogus inspections and charges people for what is considered normal wear and tear - I am trying desperately to avoid that situation where I not only LOSE 3K in equity but get HIT with fake charges. ANY Help would be appreciated.
    Another question - if I get into another lease with this bank (the condition that they have in order for dealer to receive similary buyout price as mine is) - for a new vehicle, is there a way to refinance the loan so that another institution takes it over and this bank is out? Is this an option I have?
    gotgt3 said:

Is there any way to check the numbers from US Bank?

No there isn't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

gotgt3 said:

& I apologise if this is in the wrong place - I am in a bit of a bind. Approaching lease end and plenty of equity in the car if I purchase at end lease, however, they are saying the dealer buyout is not just a few grand but 10k over the buyout for me. So all equity would be lost. HAve also read this bank tends to gouge at lease end using bogus inspections and charges people for what is considered normal wear and tear - I am trying desperately to avoid that situation where I not only LOSE 3K in equity but get HIT with fake charges. ANY Help would be appreciated.
    Another question - if I get into another lease with this bank (the condition that they have in order for dealer to receive similary buyout price as mine is) - for a new vehicle, is there a way to refinance the loan so that another institution takes it over and this bank is out? Is this an option I have?

Who is saying that the dealer buyout is 10k over the residual value? What is the residual and how are you determining the market value of the car?

This is the problem with non-manufacturer leasing companies - ending a lease is not as simple with them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    gotgt3 said:
    The only numbers we have are from Hyundai finance
    Is there any way to find out about US Bank?
    I'm in a bit of a horror situation. Lease approaching end - and they are stating dealer buyout/payoff is 10k More than if I were to purchase at lease end. I have also been reading about how they gouge leased vehicles with bogus charges for minor wear and tear. I am trying to avoid the worst especially when my vehicle has equity and is well under milleage. Sorry if this post is a digression/ in the wrong place but that's an ancillary question: do we have a forum on leases by this bank and/or how to get out of them? If I have to buy this and sell, and then use that to get into a new car - wont I still have to arrange another loan for the purchase - through this same bank? If I were to enter a new lease with them (in which case they reduce the 10k diff to dealer payout), can I refinance that autoloan later? ANY HELP will be much appreciated...
  • woogie1211woogie1211 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe SUV AWD Limited Automatic, 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York.

The MSRP at the dealer is $37,325. The Sales sticker is $35,585, Residual is 60% so it should be $22,395 Now he dropped down to $3000 down (which I agree and wont put anything down) and $449 a month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe SUV AWD Limited Automatic, 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York.

The MSRP at the dealer is $37,325. The Sales sticker is $35,585, Residual is 60% so it should be $22,395 Now he dropped down to $3000 down (which I agree and wont put anything down) and $449 a month.

.00084 MF and 59% residual. $750 lease cash.

Payment is $425/mo.+tax, with no additions to selling price..

Sales price seems kind of high.. given the $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    Would like to know what the MF and residual would be for a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe limited AWD. 3 year lease 12k miles.

Would like to know what the MF and residual would be for a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe limited AWD. 3 year lease 12k miles.

.00084 and 59%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brianb123brianb123 Member Posts: 18
    Hi - I'm new to the forum and new to leasing in general. I don't know MF, MSRP, etc. I'm looking to lease a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD with the Utlimate Package. I got the dealer down to $430/month for 36 months with 12k miles. Absolutely zero down, and all taxes and fees rolled into the lease. Generally speaking, does $430 a month sound like a good deal for the Limited with Ultimate Package? Thank you in advance for your help!

.00084 MF and 59% residual. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

brianb123 said:

Hi - I'm new to the forum and new to leasing in general. I don't know MF, MSRP, etc. I'm looking to lease a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD with the Utlimate Package. I got the dealer down to $430/month for 36 months with 12k miles. Absolutely zero down, and all taxes and fees rolled into the lease. Generally speaking, does $430 a month sound like a good deal for the Limited with Ultimate Package? Thank you in advance for your help!

let us know the State you live in, or the tax rate you pay where you live - it will give us a better idea about your deal - I would say if those numbers are in California they sound pretty good.
    Thanks! We live in NJ and the tax is 7% I think. 
    brianb123 said:

We would need to know both the sticker price and the negotiated cap cost in order to model the payment and tell you if your deal is good or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you. I guess I was asking more with the prices you all have seen on here, would you think that's a good deal for the Limited Ultimate version? It can ask what the sticker and cap cost are, but just qualitatively if you thought it was good or not... thank you!
    brianb123 said:

Thank you. I guess I was asking more with the prices you all have seen on here, would you think that's a good deal for the Limited Ultimate version? It can ask what the sticker and cap cost are, but just qualitatively if you thought it was good or not... thank you!

Hard for us to evaluate your offer with incomplete information. We can model a payment, but only with all the information necessary.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

Hard for us to evaluate your offer with incomplete information. We can model a payment, but only with all the information necessary.
    Ok, thank you - I'll try to get the negotiated cap cost and sticker price from the dealer.
    Michaell said:
    Hi - the dealer said the sticker is $42,315 and the cap cost is $36,614.55. Thank you for your help!
    brianb123 said:

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

Hi - the dealer said the sticker is $42,315 and the cap cost is $36,614.55. Thank you for your help!

With your MSRP and cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $375.32/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Thank you - what about with all the taxes and fees? It will be in NJ. The $430 a month is with all fees and taxes rolled in... Thank you so much again!
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Thank you - what about with all the taxes and fees? It will be in NJ. The $430 a month is with all fees and taxes rolled in... Thank you so much again!
    brianb123 said:

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

I assumed that the cap cost you quoted included the fees ... 7% tax takes that payment to $401.59. Every $1000 of fees adds about $28/mo to the payment if they weren't included in the $36,615 number you gave me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• capp75capp75 Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.0 T with the Ultimate Package. 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York. MSRP on the truck I configured is $38,245. What would be a good cap cost on the truck? Thanks for the help.
    capp75 said:

Hello,

Can you tell me the RES and MF for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.0 T with the Ultimate Package. 12k miles 36year lease for Long Island, New York. MSRP on the truck I configured is $38,245. What would be a good cap cost on the truck? Thanks for the help.

.00049 and 56%. $750 lease cash.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help determine a good selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

Hello,

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help determine a good selling price.
    Thanks for the help. Here are some numbers I received from the dealer:
    The Residual is 56%
    The Money Factor is 0.0020
    The Price is $37,600

Still waiting on monthly figures.

MSRP on the truck is $38,730. How do the numbers look so far? Selling price still seems high to me. Thanks for the help.

capp75 said:

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

Hello,

The Residual is 56%
    The Price is $37,600

MSRP on the truck is $38,730. How do the numbers look so far? Selling price still seems high to me. Thanks for the help.

The MF is jacked way up on you, and the selling price, as you've noted, could be better.

You might want to consider reaching out to another Hyundai dealer; the competition will certainly help your situation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

Hello,

The Residual is 56%
    The Price is $37,600

The MF is jacked way up on you, and the selling price, as you've noted, could be better.

You might want to consider reaching out to another Hyundai dealer; the competition will certainly help your situation.
    Thanks. Thats what I thought. I emailed him again about the MF and the selling price. With the $750 lease cash, he only took off $380. Waiting to hear back from him and another dealer. Thanks again for your help.

Here are the figures I received from another dealer:
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity, the car your asking about we have in stock it's total MSRP is $38,845 my selling price is $36,934 minus $750 lease cash = $36,184. The money factor is .00049 and the residual is 56%. With just tax, 1st and dmv your payment for 36 month and 12,000 miles per year is $446.06 if you put the bank fee down also your payment drops to $429.24.

Payment still looks high to me considering this is with the taxes paid up front. What should my payment be with the following info above. Thanks again for all the help....
    capp75 said:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity, the car your asking about we have in stock it's total MSRP is $38,845 my selling price is $36,934 minus $750 lease cash = $36,184. The money factor is .00049 and the residual is 56%. With just tax, 1st and dmv your payment for 36 month and 12,000 miles per year is $446.06 if you put the bank fee down also your payment drops to $429.24.

Payment still looks high to me considering this is with the taxes paid up front. What should my payment be with the following info above. Thanks again for all the help....

Nope, I'm getting the same $429.24/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

What do you think about the $36,184 selling price? Thanks.

• mayorjackmayorjack Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone.

What is the Residual and MF on a 2015 Santa Fe GLS AWD for 10,000 miles and each of 24 mo / 30 mo / 36 mo? (Not sure if Hyundai does all those lease lengths, but wanted to ask!)

Thanks!!!

capp75 said:

Michaell said:

capp75 said:

What do you think about the $36,184 selling price? Thanks.

I'm not in the market, so I don't track selling prices ... how does it match up with Edmunds' pricing? Use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mayorjack said:

Hello everyone.

What is the Residual and MF on a 2015 Santa Fe GLS AWD for 10,000 miles and each of 24 mo / 30 mo / 36 mo? (Not sure if Hyundai does all those lease lengths, but wanted to ask!)

Thanks!!!

Hyundai doesn't have 24 or 30 month programs; 36 months is the shortest lease term they offer.

For 36/10 on the AWD GLS, the numbers are .00069 and 62%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• magnum003magnum003 Member Posts: 4
    I'm just starting to investigate leasing a Santa Fe. I've never leased before and I have a couple of questions. How does the lease cash work? Seems like the dealer has that in mind when they negotiate their best price. It's not something that I can subtract from the cap cost after we've negotiated an agreed upon price is it?

Second question is regarding the money due at signing. I assume I'll have to pay something at signing (first months payment at a minimum). Is this all I should have to pay at signing? Are there other costs that should be accounted for that are due at signing? TIA.
    Wanted to let everyone know what pricing I ended up getting so it can hopefully help someone else. For a 2015 Santa Fe Limited with the Ultimate Package, I paid absolutely nothing down with all taxes and fees rolled in to the lease. I got a 36month/12k mile lease. I'm paying $430/month with only the first month payment due at signing. I also negotiated for all weather floor mats to be included (a couple hundred dollars) and 4 free oil changes. Hope this info helps someone else!
    magnum003 said:

I'm just starting to investigate leasing a Santa Fe. I've never leased before and I have a couple of questions. How does the lease cash work? Seems like the dealer has that in mind when they negotiate their best price. It's not something that I can subtract from the cap cost after we've negotiated an agreed upon price is it?

Second question is regarding the money due at signing. I assume I'll have to pay something at signing (first months payment at a minimum). Is this all I should have to pay at signing? Are there other costs that should be accounted for that are due at signing? TIA.

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; the dealer can pass along that savings to you. You can choose to use it in one of two ways:

1) reduce the cap cost - after you've negotiated your best selling price
    2) use it to cover your up front costs

There is an acquisition fee that is due at signing, along with the first payment, any dealer fees and tags/license costs imposed by the state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

brianb123 said:

Wanted to let everyone know what pricing I ended up getting so it can hopefully help someone else. For a 2015 Santa Fe Limited with the Ultimate Package, I paid absolutely nothing down with all taxes and fees rolled in to the lease. I got a 36month/12k mile lease. I'm paying $430/month with only the first month payment due at signing. I also negotiated for all weather floor mats to be included (a couple hundred dollars) and 4 free oil changes. Hope this info helps someone else!

Congratulations - enjoy the new Santa Fe!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

magnum003 said:

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; the dealer can pass along that savings to you. You can choose to use it in one of two ways:

There is an acquisition fee that is due at signing, along with the first payment, any dealer fees and tags/license costs imposed by the state.
    For your response to #1, that's what i was thinking too. But then I was trying to think like the dealer. If I'm the dealer, i know I can go $750 lower than normal...or am I thinking that I'm going to make an extra $750 for the dealership if I close this deal, and maybe I can give this guy half of it if he asks.

Thanks for the response. I'll keep it in mind.

Last question. What's the difference between the GLS and Limited in terms of residual and MF? Seems like the only difference if you go ultimate is the extra seat in the GLS...which is more valuable to larger families, I'd think.
    magnum003 said:

Michaell said:

magnum003 said:

For your response to #1, that's what i was thinking too. But then I was trying to think like the dealer. If I'm the dealer, i know I can go $750 lower than normal...or am I thinking that I'm going to make an extra $750 for the dealership if I close this deal, and maybe I can give this guy half of it if he asks.

Thanks for the response. I'll keep it in mind.

Last question. What's the difference between the GLS and Limited in terms of residual and MF? Seems like the only difference if you go ultimate is the extra seat in the GLS...which is more valuable to larger families, I'd think.
    GLS AWD 36/12 - .00069 and 61%

Limited AWD 36/12 - .00102 and 60%

$750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Have the numbers changed much? I am being told the MF for an AWD Santa Fe Sport Turbo went from something like 0 to .0049. Is this correct?

The monthly payment shot up by about $30 as well as a result.
    gotgt3 said:

Have the numbers changed much? I am being told the MF for an AWD Santa Fe Sport Turbo went from something like 0 to .0049. Is this correct?

.00049 and 56% for 36/12 on the AWD Turbo this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

gotgt3 said:

thanks! So on a netcap of 31979.41 what would the monthly payment be for 36 mo 12k miles?
    MSRP 38495ish
    gotgt3 said:

Michaell said:

gotgt3 said:

thanks! So on a netcap of 31979.41 what would the monthly payment be for 36 mo 12k miles?
    gotgt3 said:

MSRP 38495ish

$315.73/mo pre-tax with your numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

brianb123 said:

When you say "absolutely nothing down," do you mean that you don't pay anything until 30 days from now when you make your 2nd monthly payment (since the first is supposed to be part of those initial fees)? Like, you drove out of the dealership with the exact same bank statement that you walked in with?
    magnum003 said:

brianb123 said:

When you say "absolutely nothing down," do you mean that you don't pay anything until 30 days from now when you make your 2nd monthly payment (since the first is supposed to be part of those initial fees)? Like, you drove out of the dealership with the exact same bank statement that you walked in with?
    No, sorry about that. I mean that the only thing I paid was the first months payment, which left me with 35 months left to pay. I walked out with $430 less in my bank. :-)
    what's a reasonable fee for leasing on top of the purchase price? last quote I had a $2,400 spread and they wanted me to "come on down" to see the details when I asked them to explain the spread. Also I had a separate dealer claim that the MF goes up on a zero down deal - not by his dealership but as set by Hyundai - he went on to say "honesty" is the only way he works. He was basically doubling the MF rate on a new Hyundai with zero down. I have to say the Leasing game can be dotted with land mines for the uninformed.

what's a reasonable fee for leasing on top of the purchase price? last quote I had a $2,400 spread and they wanted me to "come on down" to see the details when I asked them to explain the spread. Also I had a separate dealer claim that the MF goes up on a zero down deal - not by his dealership but as set by Hyundai - he went on to say "honesty" is the only way he works. He was basically doubling the MF rate on a new Hyundai with zero down. I have to say the Leasing game can be dotted with land mines for the uninformed.

It's easy to avoid the "zero down" issue.. To most dealers, that means a "sign and drive" lease.. Just agree to make the 1st payment and title/license fees upfront.. That's all that is necessary.

The HMF acquisition fee is $595. Other than the tax treatment of a lease, which varies by location, that is the only difference in cost from a purchase...with one exception. Sometimes, lease incentives/rebates will differ from purchase incentives/rebates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator