Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Question about Employee Discounts and Incentives

ceighmeyceighmey Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Dodge
I am in the process of gathering info on leasing a Grand Caravan SXT and have a question about negotiating a price.

I am elligable for the Chrysler Employee Purchase Plan and there are also sevral incentives going on when leasing right now, namely $4000 cash back and free DVD upgrade ($1100 savings).

Does the dealer get reimbursed from Chrysler/Dodge for the incentives being offered? If that's the case, does that give me room to negotiate a lower price even after my Employee Plan Discount?

For example, if the MSRP is $32,500 doesn't that include about a %10 sales markup? And then they get the incentive money ($5100) back from the manufacturer, for a total of approx $8000 above invoice?

if they knock about $2900 for my employee plan, that's still $5100 above their cost, so can I negotiate a bit further?

I may be way off mark with my thinking, but just want to confirm.

Thank you!

Comments

• aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    I've bought/leased 7 vehicles in the last 8 years using an employee purchase programs including two T&C Tourings.

Most rebates are directly to the consumer. The sales price is usually the employee plan price for the vehicle. Add tax, title, and plate fees, then subtract any rebates. So, take about 10% off for the employee price for that van. Add in your state's sales tax and licensing fees, then take off that $4k rebate. I don't know how CG is handling the free DVD this month. It probably is an extra $1100 rebate taken after you pay sales tax, but could be discounted into the sales price.

That said, in Metro Detroit you should be able to get a sales price $1-2k under the employee price before any rebates. I got $2k extra off in the form of dealer cash before sales tax on both my 2005 & 2007 minivans. You should ask for a sales price at least $1k under Chrysler employee pricing.
  • jerezjerez Member Posts: 2
    My lease is up on my Chrylser vehicle and it's time to get a new one. The last time I got a vehicle my sales person sold me a chrylser employee number because the person who was going to give me one wasn't able to. I really need a number, but can't afford to pay $100 dollars for it like last time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  • derrickw1derrickw1 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hi,
    just heard a story about a friend, of a friend, of a friend... who bought a Town & Country ( dont know what model exact ). Price was $27000 and he paid $17000.
    He got whole bunch of discounts including Chrysler Employee Discount. Is this possible to beat the price down for 10Ks?
    How can I get employee discount number? Is there any way to buy it from somebody???
    Thanks, Derrick
    [Email removed]
  • milleryvmilleryv Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Just curious if you ever ended up getting an EC number? Im willing to pay for one if you know someone who you got it from last time or anyone else to contact?

Please let me know. I'm in a huge bind, the person that was giving me one, ended not being able to.

[Email removed]
  • boogityboogity Member Posts: 1
    When Cerberus completes its majority purchase of Chrysler, Daimler will still own 20% of the new Chrysler. Will Chrysler employees, retirees and their family members still be allowerd to buy/lease Mercedes-Benzes on the Chrysler Employee Purchase Plan?
  • patrickfamilypatrickfamily Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Hello,
    How can I get an employee discount number? I hear employees have 2 they can give out each year. Do you know of anyone?
    You can email me at [Email removed]
    Thanks,
    Brandy
  • mthompxxmthompxx Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I just leased a grand caravan yesterday under the employee discount program. My Wife's Uncle works for Chrysler. The salesman gave me the discount without any control number. I signed the lease, and I have had the van for over 24 hours now. I got a hold of the uncle, and he gave me the control number. Come to find out, nieces are not eligible for the discount. The sales man said I need to get a number now, and I should get a hold of someone who works for Chrysler to get one.

my question is that since I already signed the lease for this amount, isn't it all said and done now. Or do I still need to get a number to keep my van at this price. I would think that if it was submitted without the control number, and I signed the lease I should be in the clear now, and not have to pay the extra 1600 price difference. Any advice I can get would be great. Thank you.
    Matt.
  • 28tellicherry28tellicherry Member Posts: 3
    I will be purchasing a T&C this weekend or next. We test drove the T&C, Toyota and Honda. Like the look of the Honda more - but the features and price of the T&C can't be beat!

We would be very greateful for a Friends and Family code. Many thanks in advance.
  • sarah3232sarah3232 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am a mom of 2 kids with another on the way. We were doing fine with the used car we had bought, until we found out our completed family of 4, is soon to be a family of 5. My husband and I are struggling and to make matters worse we will have to get a new car. Anythings possible, but it would be so awsome if we could somehow obtain a chrysler employee discount. I dont know if this is a possibility :confuse: or how those discounts work. but we would be able to pay for it, as long as it didnt cost too much. Does anyone know of a way to get one, or if you can even use an employee dicount without being an employee. If anyone could help us out with this in any way I can assure your the effort will be unbelievably appreciated. Thank you so much and God Bless!
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2015
    I am hoping a Chrylser employee can help me. I want to surprise my wife with a new car. Se really loves the Sebring convertible, the only problem is that it is a bit more than I can afford even at the discount the dealer gave me. I would be so grateful if some generous chrysler employee could give me an EC code. It is our 20th anniversary and a new car for her would be something we could talk about for sometime. My thanks in advance for a quick response. Please email me at [Email removed]
  • urblurbl Member Posts: 5
    Looking to order a 2009 Caravan this weekend... If anyone could send me a PIN, I'd appreciate it... stuff {at] urbl {dot] net .
  • frechettegirlfrechettegirl Member Posts: 13
    What is the difference between these Chrysler Control Numbers.

EP-
    FP-
    EC-

Thanks for your help!!
  • frechettegirlfrechettegirl Member Posts: 13
    Matt- I'm wondering whatever happened???
  • deniseodeniseo Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hi everyone,

I just got back with my two girls from looking and pricing out a 2009 Dodge Caliber. I love it, it fits me and my girls perfect. I was hoping that a kind soul could pass on to me a Chrysler family and friends discount code as the sales guys says that if I come up with that number or code it will cover the $2000 that I am short on making a deal. My girls and I would be ever so greatful if someone could help.
    Thanks in advance
    Here is my email address [Email removed]
  • wagstwowagstwo Member Posts: 1
    I, too, am looking to purchase a Dodge Caravan and was looking for an employee discount code? Any help? Thanks!!
  • reonreon Member Posts: 19
    "As an employee familiar with employee purchase programs I know that GM, Ford, and Chrysler routinely audit their employee purchase programs to find rule breakers. GM’s tactics seem extreme but I’m sure it is meant to scare the hell out of future employees willing to roll the dice. You would think that selling a car is better than letting it sit but they have to draw the line somewhere."
  • russ1gruss1g Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello,

I would like to ask a favor of a generous Chrysler employee for a a discount code, I'm leasing a new Dodge Ram this weekend. I hope someone can help me out. Contact me at [Email removed] Thanks for your help
  • klksmileklksmile Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello,

I would also like to ask a HUGE favor of a generous Chrysler employee for a a discount code, I'm leasing a new Jeep Wrangler and I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I can be contacted via email at [Email removed] THANK YOU!!!
  • jeepguy4lifejeepguy4life Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I have had my 98 jeep for the past 12 years, I put over 250,000 miles on it! and at the worst time possible the frame decided to snap while going down the road which also caused my front axle, tire tire rod and control arms to bust as well... I don't have enough cash to get a new one without some help... if there is someone out there that can help me out with an employee discount, I will also throw in a gift to show how much you are appreciated! please contact me @ [Email removed]... Thanks so much!
  • deck7deck7 Member Posts: 1
    Hey do u still need a discount? i get a few
  • tpitts64tpitts64 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I could and would use one. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram and I am looking at a 2011 Dodge Durango. My email address is [Email removed] if you could help I would appreciate it.
  • rey36rey36 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, I am planning to purchase a dodge challenger by the end of august or september. you're help would definitely be appreciated and reciprocated
  • dodge4life1dodge4life1 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I have been a loyal Dodge/Chrysler owner for the last 25 years and want to purchase/lease a new 2011 Dodge Durango. I currently own a Dodge Journey, need something a little bigger plus I miss my last Durango and Chrysler Aspen. Wondering if anyone could help with a Employee Discount number? I surely would appreciate any help and would return the favor somehow.
    Thanks to such great American car builders!!
    Can be reached at:[Email removed]
  • kalooz4kalooz4 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hi,
    I am looking for a huge favor- I am in the process of trying to buy a 200. I would love and truly appreciate if I could have someone's employee number. Please contact me at [Email removed]

Thank you!!!!
  • kalooz4kalooz4 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Do you still have an employee number? I will send you a gift of appreciation. Please email me at [Email removed]

thanks!
  • trompet3trompet3 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease another town and country and could really use a Chrysler employee number/CDI? Can you help?
  • jeepjoe2jeepjoe2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Looking to purchase within next two weeks. Do you have an extra employee control number? Please contact me at [Email removed].
  • struykerstruyker Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I am a four-time Chrysler leaser and I am in the market for a new Grand Cherokee very soon, if you have a discount code, I would be very appreciative. [Email removed]

Best,

Mike
  • bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    I am looking to lease a Jeep GC. Can someone please send me an employee number to use.
  • buyinamericanbuyinamerican Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    If there is any chance of getting an EP# it would really help me get out of my 2002 Saturn and into a new dodge durango sooner than later. My livelyhood as a window warrior in the sales world during the winters of WI depends on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If possible my email is [Email removed]. thank you kindly.
  • jbudd78jbudd78 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello, my husband and I are in the market for a new T&C but have a limited budget. After speaking with several dealerships, one of the guys recommended that we consider finding a Chrysler employee with a CDI number - do these still exist? If so, can someone please help us out? We'd love to drive our family around in a new T&C!!! Appreciate it!!
    [Email removed]
  • beth8209beth8209 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    I am looking for someone to share their CID employee ID discount number. I am hoping to purchase a new vechicle within the next week or so. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated. ;-) Please contact me at [Email removed]. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance! ~Beth
  • simonmsimonm Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    I am looking to upgrade our family van to a new Chrysler and would appreciate an employee friend contact. Please let me know if you can help. [Email removed]

Simon
  • joepeterson56joepeterson56 Member Posts: 95
    I would stay the heck away from the chrysler minis! I have owned all three brands in model years from 84 to 2000. The best year ever for quality satisfaction was 1994 then they screwed them up just when they perfected them. They have gotten progressively worse since 94, especially since around 2009. I know and have spoken to many people who got the newer ones then got rid of them, as well as from the reseach I have done on them, and have mechanical background. My brother in law currently is on his SECOND 2011 after making them take back the foirst one under the lemon law, and this second one is plagued with problems as well.

Just sayin......
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Fortunately the experience of millions of owners doesn't even remotely match what you've written above. You are certainly entitled to your negativity, but that in no way means some, most, or all of us will have experiences which support your claims.
  • simonmsimonm Member Posts: 2
    joepeterson56, thanks for the note. I owned 2001 and 2008 and I had great experience with them. I also have a Sebring. I love Chrysler cars and it is too bad that while owning two, I get no discount for a new one. If I owned a competitive Honday I would actually get $1000 discount. That's why I'm looking for a friendly reference help. I like the cars, I like the company. I just need a friend :)
  • willeedwilleed Member Posts: 1
    HELP: We want to purchase a chrysler minivan and thought we had employee purchasing through work and called to find out and it's only offered to our employees in the states. Now need a number desperately. Thanks
  • grube1clgrube1cl Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I am looking to lease my 6th Chrysler vehicle and would love if someone could help me out with an employee friends code. If anyone has one to spare it would be greatly appreciated. you can contact me at [Email removed] Thanks so much
  • jcblood2jcblood2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello. We are looking to purchase a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I used to get the employee discount until my grandmother passed away. My grandfather was a retiree. I am just wondering if there is any chance that anyone would be willing to offer me a control number.

Thank you in advance.

Joe. I can be contacted at [Email removed]
  • ralexander6669ralexander6669 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get my son a lease on an economical, dependable vehicle and the Chrysler 200 seems perfect. I am a single mom and he is a teenager that helps me with my younger children so I need something safe!! I would send you a gift certificate for your generosity!! My email is ralexander6669@yahoo.com Thank You!!
  • hemiherohemihero Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    My wife and I are expecting our 2nd child at the end of this month. I currently own a 2008 Dodge Ram reg cab, and my wife has a 2007 mustang, which has absolutley no room in the back seat. I would like to trade my wifes mustang in and purchase a new charger. We've gone down to the local dealership and test drove one. We absolutley fell in love with a black SE, but the payments are just a little bit beyond our budget. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a cid number, [Email removed]Thanks In Advance,
    Mark
  • jsnider1jsnider1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey is there a way that I can get a CDI still. I am trading out of a Ford (into a Durango) and I mixed my Friends discount up with a CDI...long story but I bought a 300c late 2011 with a CDI and thought I had the same discount. Unfortunately its a Friends control number. I have a deposit on the car...Just looking for help I am a Ford retiree that happens to enjoy Chrysler products...Please help This will be my second new Chrysler within a year.
  • ppinppin Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure if this works, but I am looking for a discount on a new car. I'll be trading in a dodge caravan for a town and country. If anyone out there is generous enough to help me out, my email address is [Email removed]Thanks!
  • april84april84 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a used 2008 jeep liberty limited last year. I love this vehicle and have wanted one since I was a senior is high school and finally was able to get one. While I was getting an oil change last week they approached me about trading it in for a brand new one with all of the same options. I am doing this because it is newer and it will be a lease. the price is only $7 cheaper per month but he asked me if I had a Chrysler employee discount. I can't think of anyone who I would know that has worked there. My family worked for GM but I will never buy another GM car. I love my jeep and I am also so happy with the quality of the vehicle because all my previous cars were gm products and I always had problems. My husband is going to be buying a Jeep wrangler in mid September as well. I wondered if anyone knew if Chrysler gave any other type of discounts that the dealer may not tell me about. I was hoping there was something since we unfortunately don't know anyone who has worked for chrysler and now we are going to have two car payments on chrysler vehicles. I was just hoping to save a little money! Thanks for your help! :-)
  • jackiem2jackiem2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Is there anyone out there that has a CDI number that my family could use? We are looking to lease a 2012 Town and Country. We are crossing our fingers that someone will come through for us. My email is [Email removed] Thank you so much for helping.
  • plupus3plupus3 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    is there anyone out there that has a CDI number that my family could use? We are crossing our fingers that someone will come through for us. My email is[Email removed] Thank you so much for helping.
  • sixgalssixgals Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I am looking at a mini van for my family. I would greatly appreciate an FP number for the Chrysler friends program to purchase our next van! If anyone has one they can spare for a very grateful recipient.....that would be incredible. Thanks so much! Email [Email removed] if you are willing to help. Thanks again!
  • jt443jt443 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I too am looking for help with a FP number for the Chrysler friends program to purchase a new Town & Country Touring van. If anyone can help me out , it would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at [Email removed] .
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,

Like many here, Im looking to purchase a minivan for the family. Currently running out of options with the 02 Venture WB edition and will need a car asap.

Anyone who is willing and capable, can you please email me an EP discount code so we can work something out, if possible.

In any case, I can be reached [email/Phone number removed]

Thank you everyone