Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• financedogfinancedog Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 2015 BMW 528i with a sticker of $58,390.  I was offered 6k off MSRP, so $52,390 is the negotiated price and a 39 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $2k down for $651 per month (all in).

Since I don't have all numbers yet, I am attempting to back hand reference the national lease deal to see if my quoted lease rate of $651 is in the ballpark.  The National Lease deal on a MSRP of $52,700 is $489 per month, 39 month, $3k down plus $1,284 for acquisition fees and first month payment.  

If I just pay the fees and first month payment up front and roll the $3k down payment into the lease, that $3K equates to a monthly payment increase of around $81 per month.  So that puts this example National Sales Lease reference at $570.  Add in maybe $20 more per month for a higher mileage lease (12k vs. 10k national) and that puts this example at $590.  Add in my state's 7% sales tax rate and I am at $631.  

So, it seems at first glance they are in the ballpark, but maybe there is a tad more wiggle room in payment?  

Second, I need to get a breakdown of the $2k down payment they are asking as that seems a bit high.  if Acq fee is $795 and first payment is $651, that would total closer to $1,450 rather than $2k.  Do you agree?

Any initial thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you!!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

I am looking at a 2015 BMW 528i with a sticker of $58,390.  I was offered 6k off MSRP, so $52,390 is the negotiated price and a 39 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $2k down for $651 per month (all in).

Since I don't have all numbers yet, I am attempting to back hand reference the national lease deal to see if my quoted lease rate of $651 is in the ballpark.  The National Lease deal on a MSRP of $52,700 is $489 per month, 39 month, $3k down plus $1,284 for acquisition fees and first month payment.  

If I just pay the fees and first month payment up front and roll the $3k down payment into the lease, that $3K equates to a monthly payment increase of around $81 per month.  So that puts this example National Sales Lease reference at $570.  Add in maybe $20 more per month for a higher mileage lease (12k vs. 10k national) and that puts this example at $590.  Add in my state's 7% sales tax rate and I am at $631.  

So, it seems at first glance they are in the ballpark, but maybe there is a tad more wiggle room in payment?  

Second, I need to get a breakdown of the $2k down payment they are asking as that seems a bit high.  if Acq fee is $795 and first payment is $651, that would total closer to $1,450 rather than $2k.  Do you agree?

The lease numbers for the 528i this month are .00130 and 61% for 39 months, 12K miles per year.

With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax, $0 cap cost reduction payment of $544.46/mo.

If I add 7% tax, the payment goes to $582.58/mo. The dealer may be inflating the MF on you for extra profit.

By all means, have them explain the breakdown of the $2000 due at signing. And, ask them for the net cap cost - it may be different than the selling price - you need to understand how the dealer got to that number.

You're getting a good discount from sticker, which is a good thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

The lease numbers for the 528i this month are .00130 and 61% for 39 months, 12K miles per year. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax, $0 cap cost reduction payment of $544.46/mo. If I add 7% tax, the payment goes to $582.58/mo. The dealer may be inflating the MF on you for extra profit. By all means, have them explain the breakdown of the $2000 due at signing. And, ask them for the net cap cost - it may be different than the selling price - you need to understand how the dealer got to that number. You're getting a good discount from sticker, which is a good thing.
    Thanks so much!  I understand the number calcs now.  Is $6k off MSRP right now sort of what I should be striving for on a 528i?  Again, I really appreciate your help!!
    Michaell said:

The lease numbers for the 528i this month are .00130 and 61% for 39 months, 12K miles per year. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax, $0 cap cost reduction payment of $544.46/mo. If I add 7% tax, the payment goes to $582.58/mo. The dealer may be inflating the MF on you for extra profit. By all means, have them explain the breakdown of the $2000 due at signing. And, ask them for the net cap cost - it may be different than the selling price - you need to understand how the dealer got to that number. You're getting a good discount from sticker, which is a good thing.
    Thanks so much!  I understand the number calcs now.  Is $6k off MSRP right now sort of what I should be striving for on a 528i?  Again, I really appreciate your help!!
    Just realized what might be skewing the numbers.  I live in Georgia and we have tax laws similar to Texas and IL now.  BMW has this thing called "Owners Choice" to avoid double taxation.  Without going into too many details, I am guessing that might be why the money factor/ financing rate is higher.  I hear it is negotiable though.

Michaell said:

The lease numbers for the 528i this month are .00130 and 61% for 39 months, 12K miles per year.

With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax, $0 cap cost reduction payment of $544.46/mo.

If I add 7% tax, the payment goes to $582.58/mo. The dealer may be inflating the MF on you for extra profit.

By all means, have them explain the breakdown of the $2000 due at signing. And, ask them for the net cap cost - it may be different than the selling price - you need to understand how the dealer got to that number.

You're getting a good discount from sticker, which is a good thing.

Just realized what might be skewing the numbers.  I live in Georgia and we have tax laws similar to Texas and IL now.  BMW has this thing called "Owners Choice" to avoid double taxation.  Without going into too many details, I am guessing that might be why the money factor/ financing rate is higher.  I hear it is negotiable though.

Yes, living in GA will skew your lease payments. "Ad Valorem" tax of 6.75% applied to the entire selling price of the car, rather than taxing just the payment.

You are getting a good discount from the sticker price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• iamgarygnuiamgarygnu Member Posts: 41
    Hi - anything from BMW regarding the 5 Series? Innovation credit? lease credit? option credit? any specials? Thanks!

Hi - anything from BMW regarding the 5 Series? Innovation credit? lease credit? option credit? any specials? Thanks!

Limited information so far this month.

.00130 and 61% for 39/10 (diesel) and 62% for 39/10 (gas).

$500 eco credit on the diesel and hybrid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

$500 Eco credit on the diesels... that's it

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Hello kyfdx/carman,
    Been a while! I know this is the 5 series board, but I have a fringe question. I'm looking at a leftover 2014 535 X drive GT (I know they aren't that popular). I'm being offered a very agressive deal and would appreciate a little deal check.

Do you know how much BMW is giving dealers to get these off the lots? Is there any lease loyalty offer for February? How much below invoice would you target? I'm sure every dealer has different money to play with based on volume, but I'm being offered about $5k under invoice for a new/delivery miles vehicle.

Trying to squeeze a little more blood out if possible.

Hello kyfdx/carman,
    Been a while! I know this is the 5 series board, but I have a fringe question. I'm looking at a leftover 2014 535 X drive GT (I know they aren't that popular). I'm being offered a very agressive deal and would appreciate a little deal check.

Do you know how much BMW is giving dealers to get these off the lots? Is there any lease loyalty offer for February? How much below invoice would you target? I'm sure every dealer has different money to play with based on volume, but I'm being offered about $5k under invoice for a new/delivery miles vehicle.

Trying to squeeze a little more blood out if possible.

We don't have any information on lease loyalty or trunk money to the dealers to clear old stock.

$5K under invoice sounds good, but if you want to be aggressive and offer something more than that, you won't lose anything - dealer simply can say no.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• allfortheunionallfortheunion Member Posts: 20
    Saw the prev post re: 550iXdrive. Are lease terms any different for the 550i RWD? Looking at 39 or 42 months, 10000 miles/yr, in SoCal. thanks.

Saw the prev post re: 550iXdrive. Are lease terms any different for the 550i RWD? Looking at 39 or 42 months, 10000 miles/yr, in SoCal. thanks.

Same terms..

.00130 MF and 62% residual for 39mo, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andydcandydc Member Posts: 7
    I am trying to find a good lease deal on BMW 528i in Fairfax, VA area. This is the best quote I got so far:

2015 528i with premium package, driver assistance, winter package ++ .... the MSRP is $59,250

For 12K mile, $1000 down, first month payment extra, they are asking $700 per month for 39 months.

Looking at prices here it looks a little high. Any suggestions on what should I be paying?
    andydc said:

I am trying to find a good lease deal on BMW 528i in Fairfax, VA area. This is the best quote I got so far:

2015 528i with premium package, driver assistance, winter package ++ .... the MSRP is $59,250

For 12K mile, $1000 down, first month payment extra, they are asking $700 per month for 39 months.

Looking at prices here it looks a little high. Any suggestions on what should I be paying?

5-7% off MSRP is a good target for a 5-series.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• andydcandydc Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. Any rough estimate on the monthly amount?
    andydc said:

Thanks. Any rough estimate on the monthly amount?

.00130 MF and 61% for 39/12. 6% off is $55,695 and results in a $0 down pre-tax payment of $621/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• djscrubbadjscrubba Member Posts: 56
    Can someone please tell me the MF and Residual on a 535xi and whether there are any lease deals? Thank you
    I forgot to add that this would be for a 36 or 39 month lease with 12k miles. Thanks
    djscrubba said:

Can someone please tell me the MF and Residual on a 535xi and whether there are any lease deals? Thank you

djscrubba said:

I forgot to add that this would be for a 36 or 39 month lease with 12k miles. Thanks

.00130 and 61% for 39/12. 36 month residuals are 1% worse than 39 months in February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tonybmwnyctonybmwnyc Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I quoted on a 535xi in NY. The details of package are below. I'm not thrilled about the due at signing. But I love the car. Is this a good deal? Has anyone in the NY/NJ area gotten anything better for comparable specs.

Also, there was no loyalty incentive since I'm up to return my current 2013 328xi.

- M Sport
    - Apline White
    - Mocha Nappa Leather
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Premium Package
    Suggested Price: $67, 725.00
    MF: 0.00130
    Due at signing: $4250
    Residual: 62%
    Monthly: 645

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I quoted on a 535xi in NY. The details of package are below. I'm not thrilled about the due at signing. But I love the car. Is this a good deal? Has anyone in the NY/NJ area gotten anything better for comparable specs.

Also, there was no loyalty incentive since I'm up to return my current 2013 328xi.

- M Sport
    - Apline White
    - Mocha Nappa Leather
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Premium Package
    Suggested Price: $67, 725.00
    Due at signing: $4250
    Monthly: 645

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

39/10 residual is 62% and the base MF is .00130, so the dealer isn't marking that up on you. What is the net cap cost? You should be able to get 5-7% off sticker.

Have the dealer break down the $4250 due at signing. NY charges sales tax up front; it's possible the dealer is asking you to pay that rather than rolling it into the lease payment. Also want to make sure the dealer isn't inflating the acquisition fee (base is now $795).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tonybmwnyctonybmwnyc Member Posts: 8
    Michaell said:

39/10 residual is 62% and the base MF is .00130, so the dealer isn't marking that up on you. What is the net cap cost? You should be able to get 5-7% off sticker.

Have the dealer break down the $4250 due at signing. NY charges sales tax up front; it's possible the dealer is asking you to pay that rather than rolling it into the lease payment. Also want to make sure the dealer isn't inflating the acquisition fee (base is now $795).

Dealer got back to me, the car is a 528xi M Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Package Alpine White, Mocha Nappa Leather

MSRP: $61200
    Cap Cost: $56800
    Due at Signing: $3900
    39 months/10
    Monthly: $609

Breakdown of Due at Signing is:
    1st payment: $609
    Bank Fee: $750 to $950 (I wasn't given the exact amount, but I think it's the destination charge- correct me if I'm wrong)
    Sales Tax: $220
    NYS Insp/Title Fee: $85

How is this deal?

Michaell said:

Dealer got back to me, the car is a 528xi M Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Package Alpine White, Mocha Nappa Leather

MSRP: $61200
    Cap Cost: $56800
    Due at Signing: $3900
    39 months/10
    Monthly: $609

Breakdown of Due at Signing is:
    1st payment: $609
    Bank Fee: $750 to $950 (I wasn't given the exact amount, but I think it's the destination charge- correct me if I'm wrong)
    Sales Tax: $220
    NYS Insp/Title Fee: $85

How is this deal?
    Is the sales tax supposed to be $2200? The bank fee is the acquisition fee - mandatory from BMW Finance.

I'm getting $606.65/mo with your numbers, so very close to the dealer offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi All,
    This is my monthly request for information regarding incentives, etc. on a 5 Series, 528i x drive, and while at it, I'd request the residual and mf, 10k and 12k miles. My dealership said they should know the March incentives today - and since they didn't call me, I figured I'd go right to the reliable source!
    - Thanks so much!

Hi All,
    This is my monthly request for information regarding incentives, etc. on a 5 Series, 528i x drive, and while at it, I'd request the residual and mf, 10k and 12k miles. My dealership said they should know the March incentives today - and since they didn't call me, I figured I'd go right to the reliable source!
    - Thanks so much!

.00129 MF and 64%/63% residual for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are the march numbers for the 535xi for 39 months and 12k miles? And are there any incentives on the car? Thank you
    djscrubba said:

What are the march numbers for the 535xi for 39 months and 12k miles? And are there any incentives on the car? Thank you

.00129 and 63% for 36/12. 39 month numbers are not competitive this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jferraljferral Member Posts: 36
    I need help finding out the following:

European Delivery Invoice for 535d
    The Money factor for March 2015
    The residual for 10K/36 months for 535d

Thank you so much
    jferral said:

I need help finding out the following:

European Delivery Invoice for 535d
    The Money factor for March 2015
    The residual for 10K/36 months for 535d

Thank you so much

.00129 and 63%

Don't have the ED information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ROBRTM5ROBRTM5 Member Posts: 81
    Kyfdx - Can you share the MF and Residual for a 2015 M5 (Non Competition Pckg)...
    Looking for 36/10

Thanks,

RM
  • swapy2015swapy2015 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Hello everyone,
    Need guidance on a Certified Used 2015 BMW 528i xDrive Sedan available for Lease in Michigan. It was a loaner vehicle for few months and now its available for sale.
    Packages: Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Package(with head-up display)

Original Price approx $62,400
    Selling Price: $54,685
    Out of pocket: $4,033 (includes down payment, 1st months payment and all the dealer related fees)
    36 months Lease - 12,000 miles
    Per Month: $560 (including taxes)
    Current Miles: 5451

I don't have other details as of now but do you guys think it is a good deal on a loaner vehicle or should I consider something else?
    ROBRTM5 said:

Kyfdx - Can you share the MF and Residual for a 2015 M5 (Non Competition Pckg)...
    Looking for 36/10

Thanks,

RM

.00129 and 64%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

swapy2015 said:

Hello everyone,
    Need guidance on a Certified Used 2015 BMW 528i xDrive Sedan available for Lease in Michigan. It was a loaner vehicle for few months and now its available for sale.
    Packages: Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Package(with head-up display)

Out of pocket: $4,033 (includes down payment, 1st months payment and all the dealer related fees)

I don't have other details as of now but do you guys think it is a good deal on a loaner vehicle or should I consider something else?

$4033 up front seems like a lot ... I'd ask the dealer for a full accounting of what that covers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• swapy2015swapy2015 Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

swapy2015 said:

Hello everyone,

$4033 up front seems like a lot ... I'd ask the dealer for a full accounting of what that covers.
    Thanks Michaell for the reply. I got the info from dealer about the breakup amount.

The $4033 amount contains $3000 down, Sales tax $180, First months payment $560 and Title/DMV fees $263.

The money factor is 0.00129 and Residual is $36,107.

swapy2015 said:

Michaell said:

swapy2015 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks Michaell for the reply. I got the info from dealer about the breakup amount.

The $4033 amount contains $3000 down, Sales tax $180, First months payment $560 and Title/DMV fees $263.

The money factor is 0.00129 and Residual is $36,107.

The $3000 down works out to about $83/mo on the payment, so $643/mo net. Check to see what the net cap cost is .. it might be higher than the selling price quoted. Get the dealer to explain the difference between the two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sfgiantsfgiant Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Hi,

Can I please get the money factor and residual for March for a 24 month lease with 15K miles per year for:

1. 528i
    2. 528i xdrive
    3. 535d

Thanks in advance.
    sfgiant said:

Hi,

Can I please get the money factor and residual for March for a 24 month lease with 15K miles per year for:

1. 528i
    2. 528i xdrive
    3. 535d

Thanks in advance.

.00129 MF and 67% residual on either 528

.00129 MF and 66% residual on the diesel, with $500 Eco credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ropaulropaul Member Posts: 12
    Hi, can I please get the MF/residual for 550i xDrive, 10K miles per year, at both 36 and 39 months?

Also, any incentives related to this car this month?

Thanks.
  • eddiethefisheddiethefish Member Posts: 3
    Just so I understand... on a 2015 M5, the money factor is .00129 across all lease tiers & Loan-To-Values?

Dealer is offering me:

$3794 off MSRP
    including an excess wear & tear policy
    and $0 out of pocket (sign and drive).

64% residual for 36 mo/10k yr

but .00169 MF

They have not run my credit, but net cap cost with trade inequity puts me at approx 108% of MSRP.

Thoughts?
    ropaul said:

Hi, can I please get the MF/residual for 550i xDrive, 10K miles per year, at both 36 and 39 months?

Also, any incentives related to this car this month?

Thanks.

.00129 MF and 64% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. No 39 month terms for March.

No apparent incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just so I understand... on a 2015 M5, the money factor is .00129 across all lease tiers & Loan-To-Values?

Dealer is offering me:

$3794 off MSRP
    including an excess wear & tear policy
    and $0 out of pocket (sign and drive).

64% residual for 36 mo/10k yr

but .00169 MF

They have not run my credit, but net cap cost with trade inequity puts me at approx 108% of MSRP.

Thoughts?

Yes, base MF is .00129, so your dealer is marking that up on you.

Not sure what you mean by lease tiers ... if you have less than tier 1 credit, the base MF will increase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi - I'm still lurking and deciding if my dealership gave me a decent offer or not - I know there aren't any incentives this month - so since I can wait, the question becomes, do the incentives save any significant cash - and do they com at the cost of the MF or residual.
    I was quoted for a 528xi, 10k, 36 months, MSRP $67,125 + $950 destination = $68,075, net cost $62,006, MF .00080.

$667 which includes tax with rolling over my existing $5,600 MSDs and $2,341.50 up front - which I would wager is first month, registration, yada.

as mentioned before, I'm paying roughly $760 now, with a sticker that was $4k or so less. I like saving $100/month for more options.
    Can you opine if this is a good deal? I like the $6k off sticker (okay, $6,069 if my math is right, which is something like 9% off - actually more than that) - since the numbers seem to usually be a good deal at 5-7% off, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.

Any thoughts or advice? I still have a secondary vehicle I can drive, I'd just rather not. Central NJ. Thanks so much!
  • joe24joe24 Member Posts: 67
    Looking for MF and residual for 36 months/12 and 15K miles for 535x and 528x. Thanks.

Hi - I'm still lurking and deciding if my dealership gave me a decent offer or not - I know there aren't any incentives this month - so since I can wait, the question becomes, do the incentives save any significant cash - and do they com at the cost of the MF or residual.
    I was quoted for a 528xi, 10k, 36 months, MSRP $67,125 + $950 destination = $68,075, net cost $62,006, MF .00080.

$667 which includes tax with rolling over my existing $5,600 MSDs and $2,341.50 up front - which I would wager is first month, registration, yada.

as mentioned before, I'm paying roughly $760 now, with a sticker that was $4k or so less. I like saving $100/month for more options.
    Can you opine if this is a good deal? I like the $6k off sticker (okay, $6,069 if my math is right, which is something like 9% off - actually more than that) - since the numbers seem to usually be a good deal at 5-7% off, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.

Any thoughts or advice? I still have a secondary vehicle I can drive, I'd just rather not. Central NJ. Thanks so much!

Looks like a good deal from here...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

joe24 said:

Looking for MF and residual for 36 months/12 and 15K miles for 535x and 528x. Thanks.

.00129 MF and 63%/61% residual for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Looks like a good deal from here...
    Many thanks - looks likes it's time to pull the trigger! I'm not sure ow this deal is better than the one I queried in January, thought there's a value to locking in and certainty. Plus, my order will encompass April, so if it improves then, all the be better! Thank you again! I guess i'll be stalking then Jill and the ship again! (Last time it was the topeka)
  • datunludatunlu Member Posts: 13
    Just to share my numbers here. 528i, msrp about 56500, sale price 48500, 12k,36month. 319 per month with around 8250 drive off including all fees, taxes, and others. I am sure they did something on the residual and money factor. The residual, according to my sales, was in the range of 70% something.
    datunlu said:

Just to share my numbers here. 528i, msrp about 56500, sale price 48500, 12k,36month. 319 per month with around 8250 drive off including all fees, taxes, and others. I am sure they did something on the residual and money factor. The residual, according to my sales, was in the range of 70% something.

Enjoy your new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• njdriver1njdriver1 Member Posts: 97
    Are the MF and Residuals quoted above the same for a 535DX? 10/12k/yr; 36 months?
    njdriver1 said:

Are the MF and Residuals quoted above the same for a 535DX? 10/12k/yr; 36 months?

Don't know which numbers above you are referring to, so I'll just give you the numbers.

.00129 MF and 63%/62% residual. $500 Eco credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator