Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy HHR rear wiper

tjlvtjlv Member Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Chevrolet
rear wiper working okay. EXCEPT cannot get fluid there to aid in the clean up. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm did the wiper fluid freeze perhaps, or is reservoir really low on fluid?
  • Options
    neither freeze nor low fluid.
    Other suggestion!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Probably a plugged fluid nozzle. Not sure on yours if you can just replace the nozzle or perhaps it's part of the "cap" that goes over the nut that holds the wiper on. You might be able to work the nozzle clean with a pin. What happens is that sediment from the cleaner/water mix builds up in there. I presume you hear the motor whirring when you turn the knob to "wash"?
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

Probably a plugged fluid nozzle. Not sure on yours if you can just replace the nozzle or perhaps it's part of the "cap" that goes over the nut that holds the wiper on. You might be able to work the nozzle clean with a pin. What happens is that sediment from the cleaner/water mix builds up in there. I presume you hear the motor whirring when you turn the knob to "wash"?

'I presume you hear the motor whirring when you turn the knob to "wash"? ' Its a push button for the rear, but yes if they can open the hood and have someone outside perhaps listen for motor it would be good. The rear nozzle on these is attached to wondow which may or may not be easy to change if needed. If the motor is working perhaps there is a leak that might be seen by fluid on the ground somewhere? One other thought is if the fluid level had gone below the pickup for rear (which I believe is higher in fluid bottle on these) it ould take some time and effort to re-fill the hose all the way to the back (push the button for a long time)

• Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I have my pin ready to explore this weekend. I will recheck the fluid level this weekend.If cap is the problem will speak with the dealer during the week. Again thank you for a reply