Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audio Review - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Audi
imageAudio Review - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Audi A3 comes with a ten-speaker sound system standard. Let's see if it has enough power to rock out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    Did you try adjusting the volume on your iPhone as well? When I connect my iPhone to my 2013 Passat via bluetooth, the volume control on the iPhone dictates the volume that is being fed to the car. The car's volume control takes it from there. If I were to have my iPhone volume turned down, the audio through the speakers would never get louder than a certain point. However If I turn my iPhone volume up high, the car can then control the volume through the speakers to a much greater degree.

By the way, I think I confused myself in writing this, but I hope my point comes through...
  • Options
    miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    One of the best solos in one of the best songs on one of the best albums EVER! People dont ever understand how great SA is when I tell them. Its rare for albums to come together so well. I caught it two years late and was offended no one I trusted had forced me to sit and take a listen.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Excellent album. Hard to believe it's already almost 10 years old :O
  • Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    @iamthestig I had it plugged in via USB so adjusting the phone volume didn't affect things -- it would've if I were connected via Bluetooth though.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Good music never goes out of style!
  • Options
    john_in_tcjohn_in_tc Member Posts: 28
    Everyone else in your vicinity is very happy you couldn't turn it up! If you want to destroy your ears get some headphones, don't inflict your music choices on the rest of the city.
  • Options
    squarefoursquarefour Member Posts: 24

Everyone else in your vicinity is very happy you couldn't turn it up! If you want to destroy your ears get some headphones, don't inflict your music choices on the rest of the city.

Oh, and get of my lawn!
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I second what @mined said about turning up the volume on your iPhone. I've had instances where I've streamed music over Bluetooth while driving my mom's Tiguan and realized that the volume on my iPhone was too low. That being said, 180 watts doesn't seem like a lot of power for 10 speakers. My 2009 Civic has 7 speakers (one is a subwoofer) powered by 350 watts and it sounds very good for a stock stereo in an economy car. It surprises me that Audi decided to install a base audio system in the A3 that has a little over half the amount of power as my Civic, yet has to power more speakers.