Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW 328xi Lease Questions

Comments

• gced99gced99 Member Posts: 9
    Does the .00131 MF and 60% RV for 39m/15k also apply to the 2015 328i Xdrive Gran Turismo? If not, what are the MF and RV for the GT? Thanks again for your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    gced99 said:

Does the .00131 MF and 60% RV for 39m/15k also apply to the 2015 328i Xdrive Gran Turismo? If not, what are the MF and RV for the GT? Thanks again for your help.

.00130 MF and 60% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• atlantag99atlantag99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Can you tell me the MF and RV for a 328xi, 36/39 months, 10k miles in Georgia? Thanks!

Hi! Can you tell me the MF and RV for a 328xi, 36/39 months, 10k miles in Georgia? Thanks!

.00130 MF and 63% residual for 39 mo, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jgirl6jgirl6 Member Posts: 53
    Hi there Question last month Acquisition Fees on a 2015 328i x-drive were at $925.00 this month advertised at $725.00 in NY. Did they mark them up for the year end and the standard rate is $725.00? Is this a typical practice to change by as much $200.00?
  • mitchelllllmitchelllll Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2015
    fwiw, I saw a dealer today that told me Acquisition Fees were $925. I pushed back and he lowered it to $725 but not before telling me that fees were raised on Jan 13 to $795
    As a follow-on to the above comment, saw a dealer in Md today to try & lease 2015 328i x-drive. Oh how I hate the dance. *Would appreciate a referral from anyone in the area thats had a nice, honest experience!

I'll post all the specifics later, the deal I get, etc but would really appreciate any input on a few questions for now:

1. MF- dealer quoted 59% for 36 months and 60% for 39 months (15,000 miles). From the threads here, this seems accurate?

2. Acquisition Fees- dealer claimed this fee went from $725-> $795 as of Jan 13. I couldn't find that anywhere, has anyone else heard this?

3. Titling fee- I'm trying to save some of the $331 fees but dealer says I can't transfer registration because I don't own current vehicle, which is leased (I still have 6 months before I have to renew registration). Has anyone heard this?

4. MSD- dealer said I save .0008 in MF for ea. security deposit I put down. Does this make sense? Also, does anyone know if MF reduction due to MSD payments is capped?

5. Incentives- asked dealer about $200 AMEX, AARP, etc group discounts that I read about on Edmonds. Dealer said this isn't out there, that these gps offer buying services but not $ off. Has anyone heard this?

Thanks!

As a follow-on to the above comment, saw a dealer in Md today to try & lease 2015 328i x-drive. Oh how I hate the dance. *Would appreciate a referral from anyone in the area thats had a nice, honest experience!

I'll post all the specifics later, the deal I get, etc but would really appreciate any input on a few questions for now:

1. MF- dealer quoted 59% for 36 months and 60% for 39 months (15,000 miles). From the threads here, this seems accurate?

2. Acquisition Fees- dealer claimed this fee went from $725-> $795 as of Jan 13. I couldn't find that anywhere, has anyone else heard this?

3. Titling fee- I'm trying to save some of the $331 fees but dealer says I can't transfer registration because I don't own current vehicle, which is leased (I still have 6 months before I have to renew registration). Has anyone heard this?

4. MSD- dealer said I save .0008 in MF for ea. security deposit I put down. Does this make sense? Also, does anyone know if MF reduction due to MSD payments is capped?

5. Incentives- asked dealer about $200 AMEX, AARP, etc group discounts that I read about on Edmonds. Dealer said this isn't out there, that these gps offer buying services but not $ off. Has anyone heard this?

Thanks!

1) Correct

2) Correct

3) Not familiar with Maryland, but probably correct.

4) MSD savings is .00007 per SD. 7 deposits allowed for a max total reduction of .00049

5) No incentives that I know of..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks mod!
  • mocomd_bmwmocomd_bmw Member Posts: 2
    Attempting to lease a 2015 328i xdrive in DC/MD/VA area. One dealership offered MF of .00175 and the other .0017. Is .0013 still the going rate and is it realistic that I can get it in my area? Also, who universally determines the .0013? Where did you get this MF? If there something official I can reference to sway the dealership?

Also is this a good deal and can you determine residual value %. dealer did not provide but I will ask tomorrow.
    MSRP $52,550
    Purchase price $46,540
    Net price with taxes and fees $51,236
    39 months
    10k miles
    MF .001750
    0 down except 1st month lease payment
    Lease payment $612.48/month

Attempting to lease a 2015 328i xdrive in DC/MD/VA area. One dealership offered MF of .00175 and the other .0017. Is .0013 still the going rate and is it realistic that I can get it in my area? Also, who universally determines the .0013? Where did you get this MF? If there something official I can reference to sway the dealership?

Also is this a good deal and can you determine residual value %. dealer did not provide but I will ask tomorrow.
    MSRP $52,550
    Purchase price $46,540
    Net price with taxes and fees $51,236
    39 months
    10k miles
    MF .001750
    0 down except 1st month lease payment
    Lease payment $612.48/month

.00130 is the base rate from the bank (BMWFS). They are marking up the rate for extra profit. Most dealers will admit to that, if asked. That doesn't mean they'll change it.

The residual for 39mo, 10K/yr on this model is 63%.

$612/mo is about right with those numbers.. $4700 in taxes and fees is a lot... I'd want a breakdown of that amount.. Just getting them to use the base money factor would knock $38/mo. off your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Also in MD/DC/VA area. Dealer presented .00170, I threatened to walk and he reduced it to .00130. It would be good to compare dealers & deals offline. Maybe you can PM me? Thanks...
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,018

Also in MD/DC/VA area. Dealer presented .00170, I threatened to walk and he reduced it to .00130. It would be good to compare dealers & deals offline. Maybe you can PM me? Thanks...

It's better to use the discussions to compare deals - that way, everybody who reads this thread will benefit from the information.

Voting with your feet is often the best negotiating tactic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I'm in the market to lease 2015 328i xdrive in DC/MD/VA. If I'm understand following quote, it seems to be good (according to True Market Value). Can someone confirm? Still waiting on MSD reduction so don't have final monthly lease payment yet

MSRP 47,700
    Purchase price 43,200
    MF .0013
    39 months
    15,000 miles
    Residual 60%
    Tax approx. 2,600
    Acquisition: 725. (may be 795)
    Doc fee: 300.
    Title, reg. 331.

I'm in the market to lease 2015 328i xdrive in DC/MD/VA. If I'm understand following quote, it seems to be good (according to True Market Value). Can someone confirm? Still waiting on MSD reduction so don't have final monthly lease payment yet

MSRP 47,700
    Purchase price 43,200
    MF .0013
    39 months
    15,000 miles
    Residual 60%
    Tax approx. 2,600
    Acquisition: 725. (may be 795)
    Doc fee: 300.
    Title, reg. 331.

Base MF, which is good.

Acquisition did increase to $795 at the beginning of the year. Almost 10% off sticker price - also good.

Using MSD will make your payment drop - no reason not to do that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Mod- thanks again! & can I get your opinion (+ others):

I lost 2k in incentives by not pulling the trigger in Dec. At this point, I'm trying to figure out if I should wait until Feb 1 to see what incentives, if any, r added. Dealer cautions me that 39 month lease could go away, offsetting any incentives offered.

None of us have a crystal ball but what do you think?

Mod- thanks again! & can I get your opinion (+ others):

I lost 2k in incentives by not pulling the trigger in Dec. At this point, I'm trying to figure out if I should wait until Feb 1 to see what incentives, if any, r added. Dealer cautions me that 39 month lease could go away, offsetting any incentives offered.

None of us have a crystal ball but what do you think?

Dealer makes a point, but of course, he wants to sell you a car today.

Hard to see how things get worse next month, given there are no incentives (other than the 39 month bump in residual) in January.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mocomd_bmwmocomd_bmw Member Posts: 2
    I mentioned in a previous post that I was given a money factor (MF) offer of .00175 then another gave MF of .0017. I emailed a third dealer and gave VIN of vehicle I was interested in. I stated the terms of my lease inthe email and they accepted. Now the other two fell in line as well once I informed them I have another option. Still trying to decide which in stock vehicle I want.

My Lease Terms:
    39 months
    12k miles
    Residual 62%
    MF .0013

I mentioned in a previous post that I was given a money factor (MF) offer of .00175 then another gave MF of .0017. I emailed a third dealer and gave VIN of vehicle I was interested in. I stated the terms of my lease inthe email and they accepted. Now the other two fell in line as well once I informed them I have another option. Still trying to decide which in stock vehicle I want.

My Lease Terms:
    39 months
    12k miles
    Residual 62%
    MF .0013

Good job... It's amazing what a little competition will do.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wildwilliswildwillis Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx - As I also said to Michaell in one of the X1 threads, thank you for all of the help and info you provide on the forum! I've been reading a lot of posts over the last month and they've helped me learn a lot!!!

Michael mentioned in that thread that BMW's February numbers were available already. If you have them I was hoping for the latest residuals and money factor for a 36/12 lease on a 2015 328xi - both the sedan and GT. I know that the 39 month leases were 'favorable' in January, so if that's still the case 39/12 would be even better. From what I've seen, 15K residuals are always 2% lower so I'm assuming that's still the case but please correct me if I'm wrong.

And sorry to add to the request, but I've seen a couple of 2014 328xi sedans still out there that might fit the bill, so if you have numbers for those I'd really appreciate it as well. Thanks so much in advance!!!
    Wow, this is helpful!!

Can someone point me to the thread with February numbers? I'm leasing the 328xi later today but am trying to figure out if 39 month lease option is going away and what, if any, incentives will be added in February.

Any info is muchly appreciated!

kyfdx - As I also said to Michaell in one of the X1 threads, thank you for all of the help and info you provide on the forum! I've been reading a lot of posts over the last month and they've helped me learn a lot!!!

Michael mentioned in that thread that BMW's February numbers were available already. If you have them I was hoping for the latest residuals and money factor for a 36/12 lease on a 2015 328xi - both the sedan and GT. I know that the 39 month leases were 'favorable' in January, so if that's still the case 39/12 would be even better. From what I've seen, 15K residuals are always 2% lower so I'm assuming that's still the case but please correct me if I'm wrong.

And sorry to add to the request, but I've seen a couple of 2014 328xi sedans still out there that might fit the bill, so if you have numbers for those I'd really appreciate it as well. Thanks so much in advance!!!

February numbers are preliminary, so I wouldn't bet on them... but, 39 months is still the term of choice for the 3-series.. And, yes... to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr, add 2% to the residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Wow, this is helpful!!

Can someone point me to the thread with February numbers? I'm leasing the 328xi later today but am trying to figure out if 39 month lease option is going away and what, if any, incentives will be added in February.

Any info is muchly appreciated!

39 month option is not going away..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much for this info!
    A quick follow on question...

I'm assuming 39/15K residual remains @ 60% (for Feb). Am I incorrect? Thanks again-

A quick follow on question...

I'm assuming 39/15K residual remains @ 60% (for Feb). Am I incorrect? Thanks again-

Yep, looks that way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

*Thanks!
  • viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    What do you guys think about this deal:
    2015 328 XI, premium package, cold weather and driver assistance package,
    MSRP $45,626
    negotiated price: $40,626
    39 month lease, 39000 miles, $450/month, all fees rolled in, only first month payment of $450 due at signing.

Sounds like a fair deal? I am in MN.
    viperz4 said:

What do you guys think about this deal:
    2015 328 XI, premium package, cold weather and driver assistance package,
    MSRP $45,626
    negotiated price: $40,626
    39 month lease, 39000 miles, $450/month, all fees rolled in, only first month payment of $450 due at signing.

Sounds like a fair deal? I am in MN.

.00130 and 62% for 39/12. With your MSRP and negotiated price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $405.94/mo for 39 months. Not sure of the tax rate in MN...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cbat1cbat1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi. Can I get the March money factor and residual for a 2015 328xi, 39 and 36 months, 10k miles. Thanks!
    cbat1 said:

Hi. Can I get the March money factor and residual for a 2015 328xi, 39 and 36 months, 10k miles. Thanks!

.00129 MF and 66% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• qor3qor3 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, considering making the switch from Infiniti to BMW. Could I get the MF and RF for 2015 328x1 39mo 10K/yr. Is 39mo still best option or 36? Live in MA.
    qor3 said:

Hello, considering making the switch from Infiniti to BMW. Could I get the MF and RF for 2015 328x1 39mo 10K/yr. Is 39mo still best option or 36? Live in MA.

.00129 MF and 66% residual for 36/10

39 month terms are history..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• asquare07asquare07 Member Posts: 4
    Signed on the deal for a new BMW 329 xi. The numbers

MSRP: 51460
    Selling price: 46705
    Bank Fee: 995
    Monthly Payments: 477 excluding tax

This is in Seattle WA where it is hard to get them to give good discounts so am happy :)

I needed help on one thing from you guys though. They are offering the lease end protection which seems to cover pretty much everything for $1275. Based on all I have read online the 18 inch run flats have a very short life and just for that i am considering if it is worth it. My wife who will be driving this for the most part is a regular driver who does not push the car much. Never bought a BMW before so dont know about these tires.

I normally don't go for these offers and want to avoid giving them extra money where not needed so just wanted some input from you guys if this one is worth it ?
  • asquare07asquare07 Member Posts: 4
    Forgot to mention 36/10, 66% residual and 0.00129 MF
    edited May 2015
    asquare07 said:

Signed on the deal for a new BMW 329 xi. The numbers

MSRP: 51460
    Selling price: 46705
    Bank Fee: 995
    Monthly Payments: 477 excluding tax

This is in Seattle WA where it is hard to get them to give good discounts so am happy :)

I needed help on one thing from you guys though. They are offering the lease end protection which seems to cover pretty much everything for $1275. Based on all I have read online the 18 inch run flats have a very short life and just for that i am considering if it is worth it. My wife who will be driving this for the most part is a regular driver who does not push the car much. Never bought a BMW before so dont know about these tires.

I normally don't go for these offers and want to avoid giving them extra money where not needed so just wanted some input from you guys if this one is worth it ?

Three BMW leases and I've never paid a dime in lease end charges..

If you don't buy it, you'll have to have at least $1275 in charges, just to break even..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mulberrywaifmulberrywaif Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the MF and Residual for a 2015 328i xDrive in MA for 36mo and 10k miles? I'll be getting it with the navigation and technology packages.

Does anyone have the MF and Residual for a 2015 328i xDrive in MA for 36mo and 10k miles? I'll be getting it with the navigation and technology packages.

.00128 MF and 66% residual. $1000 Anniversary Credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• akskaksk Member Posts: 7
    2015 328i xdrive service loaner
    44950 MSRP
    37950 SP
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    36/10k lease
    Lease amount : 359 + taxes
    Miles on car : 5200

Is this a good deal?
    Please advice.

Thank you.
    aksk said:

44950 MSRP
    37950 SP
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    36/10k lease

Is this a good deal?
    Please advice.

Thank you.

.00128 and 66% residual. With your MSRP and selling price, I get $317/mo+tax.

My guess is that the residual has been adjusted for the miles (5200x.20/per, or $1040) - but even that adjustment gets me to $344/mo+tax.

Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is - might have some fees added in to the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

aksk said:

44950 MSRP
    37950 SP
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    36/10k lease

Is this a good deal?
    Please advice.

Thank you.

My guess is that the residual has been adjusted for the miles (5200x.20/per, or $1040) - but even that adjustment gets me to $344/mo+tax.

Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is - might have some fees added in to the selling price.
    Thanks @Michaell
    I had a word with dealer.Here are updated details:

2015 bmw 328xi
    43660 MSRP
    36768 SP
    2220.12 michigan tax
    Title fees 47
    Documentation 210.00

Now he gave me 2 options both with 0 dollars out of door:
    30 months:
    450/month for 29 months

36 months:
    431/month for 35 months

According to you is this correct calculation? If yes which one is beneficial.

Thank you
    aksk said:

Michaell said:

aksk said:

44950 MSRP
    37950 SP
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    36/10k lease

Is this a good deal?
    Please advice.

Thank you.

Thanks @Michaell

2015 bmw 328xi
    43660 MSRP
    36768 SP
    2220.12 michigan tax
    Title fees 47
    Documentation 210.00

30 months:
    450/month for 29 months

36 months:
    431/month for 35 months

Thank you
    I still don't get anywhere close to those numbers ... ask the dealer what the net cap cost is and how they calculated that number from the selling price you've been quoted.

I thought sales tax was applied to the monthly payment in Michigan, not calculated up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

aksk said:

Michaell said:

aksk said:

44950 MSRP
    37950 SP
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    36/10k lease

Is this a good deal?
    Please advice.

Thank you.

Thanks @Michaell

2015 bmw 328xi
    43660 MSRP
    36768 SP
    2220.12 michigan tax
    Title fees 47
    Documentation 210.00

30 months:
    450/month for 29 months

36 months:
    431/month for 35 months

Thank you
    The dealer hasn't really given you any information about the lease, other than the payments.. You don't know if he stuck to the original quote for purchase, what he is using for money factor or what the actual CAP cost might be..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks @Michaell @kyfdx .Let me get proper numbers from them.
    Yes i also believed that Tax is applied in Michigan on monthly payments and not in cap cost.
    Appreciate your response.
  • jaysarrjaysarr Member Posts: 19
    Hi, do you have the residual/MF for 328D? 10k/2yrs and 3yrs? It has $1000 anniversary and $500 Eco credit, right?
    jaysarr said:

Hi, do you have the residual/MF for 328D? 10k/2yrs and 3yrs? It has $1000 anniversary and $500 Eco credit, right?

.00128 and 71% / 65%.

Yes, $1000 anniversary and $500 Eco credit this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• prarikprarik Member Posts: 0
    Hi All,

I am getting a deal for BMW 3 Series 2015 328i X drive. The details are:

MSRP: $45,145
    Selling Price: $40,623
    Money Factor: 0.00128
    Cap Cost: $2,705
    Lease Period: 3 years
    10,000 miles per year
    Acquisition Fee: $995
    Documentation Fee: $369
    Residual of 66%

Is it a good deal?

Thanks
  • icon5585icon5585 Member Posts: 22
    Are there any changes for the residuals/MF/offers for July on a 2015 328i?

Also, how many MSDs can one put down on a BMW and how much does it lower the MF by?
    icon5585 said:

Are there any changes for the residuals/MF/offers for July on a 2015 328i?

Also, how many MSDs can one put down on a BMW and how much does it lower the MF by?

.00130 and 63% for 36/15. $1000 buildout cash available this month.

7 MSDs can be applied, each of which lower the MF by .00007

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• icon5585icon5585 Member Posts: 22
    RE: $1000 buildout cash available this month.

What is this? Also what's the residual for 36/12?