Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Hyundai Genesis purchase experiences. If you've recently purchased a 2015 Genesis, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Hyundai Genesis Series page.

Comments

• Options
    bob1235bob1235 Member Posts: 17
    Genesis RWD + Signature + Tech. MSRP 46.5K. Sale price $41.5K. Minus $1500 lease cash and $1500 Competitive Owner and $1000 dealer rebate. $356/mo 12k/yr. Very happy with the car so far. Never thought I would want anything in the tech package but it works so well...
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    bob1235 said:

Genesis RWD + Signature + Tech. MSRP 46.5K. Sale price $41.5K. Minus $1500 lease cash and $1500 Competitive Owner and $1000 dealer rebate. $356/mo 12k/yr. Very happy with the car so far. Never thought I would want anything in the tech package but it works so well...

Wow - nice deal. Enjoy all the new toys on the Genesis!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240
    bob1235 said:

How did you get the $1000 dealer rebate? Competitive cash and lease bonus are being marketed but never saw anything on dealer rebate for 2015 Genesis...
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    bob1235 said:

bob
    what state did you make this deal. ?

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    moodyhank said:

bob1235 said:

How did you get the $1000 dealer rebate? Competitive cash and lease bonus are being marketed but never saw anything on dealer rebate for 2015 Genesis...
    Dealer said it was due to the volume they do they get a certain # of rebates to apply to sales of new Genesis. I do think it was related to the fact that they had the price listed incorrectly on their website. They had it listed for 40.1K (including dealer handling etc) not including the 2 $1500 rebates.
  • Options
    brian125 said:

bob1235 said:

bob
    Colorado. Planned on getting only the signature package but with the price on this one with the tech package I said why not. Almost wish I got the Ultimate package now... Really like the car.
  • Options
    moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240
    bob1235 said:

brian125 said:

bob1235 said:

bob
    Colorado. Planned on getting only the signature package but with the price on this one with the tech package I said why not. Almost wish I got the Ultimate package now... Really like the car.
    I am in Colorado too, you are a brave man for going with the RWD version :) Which dealership did you work with, was it a good experience? Coming from BMW, I am wondering how big of an adjustment it is going to be for me.

I am also thinking Signature package has all the bells and whistles that I would need and Tech and Ultimate packages are not must-haves but maybe I should reconsider...
  • Options
    ajfreshajfresh Member Posts: 11
    Posted in the lease forum earlier but thought it was more appropriate here.

I've short listed the Genesis for my next car purchase and I was curious to know what type of numbers  buyers are getting for the following models. I am in the Los Angeles area.

So far the most aggressive pricing I've been able to get for both models has been.

3.8 w/ Ultimate - $43,709
    5.0 w/ Ultimate - $48,658

I believe the conquest rebate has already been factored in. Are these good prices or is there better to be had?
  • Options
    jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    ajfresh said:
    Posted in the lease forum earlier but thought it was more appropriate here.

I've short listed the Genesis for my next car purchase and I was curious to know what type of numbers  buyers are getting for the following models. I am in the Los Angeles area.

So far the most aggressive pricing I've been able to get for both models has been.

3.8 w/ Ultimate - $43,709
    5.0 w/ Ultimate - $48,658

I believe the conquest rebate has already been factored in. Are these good prices or is there better to be had?
    Care to share which dealer(s) your quotes are from?
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
  • Options
    ajfreshajfresh Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Two dealerships in San Gabriel Valley area
  • Options
    docnardocnar Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Hi guys, I'm a new member. I'm negotiating on a new 2015 3.8 awd genesis. I'm getting a deal of 45,000 for 3.8 awd ultimate in Connecticut. You think its good or can I negotiate more. Thanks.
  • Options
    bbrescianbbrescian Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2015
    Hello Everyone,

Well the Xmas bug got me and I landed a new Genesis 3.8 AWD (no additonal packages) Sticker was 42k, adjusted Cap Cost ended up being 34,800.

Ended up leasing it for 344 after tax with 24k buyout at the end of 36 months @10k miles a year. 

Wanted to know how did I do?  Did I get Xmas miracle or did the grinch(the dealer) get the best of me?

Thanks all!   
  • Options
    bbrescian said:

Hello Everyone,

Well the Xmas bug got me and I landed a new Genesis 3.8 AWD (no additonal packages) Sticker was 42k, adjusted Cap Cost ended up being 34,800.

Ended up leasing it for 344 after tax with 24k buyout at the end of 36 months @10k miles a year. 

Wanted to know how did I do?  Did I get Xmas miracle or did the grinch(the dealer) get the best of me?

Thanks all!   

$344/mo with tax is a really good deal for a $42K car.

How much out of pocket was there? What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks all!   
    $344/mo with tax is a really good deal for a $42K car. How much out of pocket was there? What state and tax rate?
    Hi Michaell,

It was was 0 down.  

Actually I traded in my leased 2013 Sante Fe (2yrs left on the lease)  KBB had my car listed for 19,500, but they gave me 22,900 for it so I didn't owe for my trade in.

My tax rate here in Denver is 5% I believe, it was 330 a month before tax.
  • Options
    bbrescian said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks all!   
    $344/mo with tax is a really good deal for a $42K car. How much out of pocket was there? What state and tax rate?
    Hi Michaell,

It was was 0 down.  

Actually I traded in my leased 2013 Sante Fe (2yrs left on the lease)  KBB had my car listed for 19,500, but they gave me 22,900 for it so I didn't owe for my trade in.

Which dealer was this? I'm also in Denver and have a year left on my Elantra lease. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    bbrescian said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks all!   
    Hi Michaell,

It was was 0 down.  

Which dealer was this? I'm also in Denver and have a year left on my Elantra lease. 
    Arapahoe Hyundia off Arapahoe and I-25.  Ask for Vincent, he is my guy there.  The service at that dealer is top flight too, I have leased 3 cars from them now 

I think they have just 1 Genesis left (Black on Black), with the right options.
  • Options
    bbrescian said:
    Michaell said:
    bbrescian said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks all!   
    Hi Michaell,

It was was 0 down.  

Arapahoe Hyundia off Arapahoe and I-25.  Ask for Vincent, he is my guy there.  The service at that dealer is top flight too, I have leased 3 cars from them now 

I think they have just 1 Genesis left (Black on Black), with the right options.
     That's where I have my lease from as well. The Genesis is out of my budget, but if they are making deals on leased cars, I may have to stop in this week and see what they can do for me 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Well Hyundai had a ton of incentives on the 2015 Genesis (clear out sale).  But End of the year is always fair game lol