Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Need Help on 2015 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige lease payment

audifana6audifana6 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2015 in Audi
I recently got a quote on a 2015 Audi A6 3.0T prestige MSRP 64K and change. Below are the payment details as well as the lease information.

2015 Audi A6 3.0T prestige.
42 months, 12k mileage , 5K Down, $685 a month

Money Factor:0.0097
Residual: 46%

Is this a good deal? I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Can someone with knowledge of MF as well as residual please help me? I don't want to make the wrong decision or over pay. The leases on the 2016's are through the roof and I might have to settle with a 2015 in a color I don't necessarily like.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    audifana6 said:

I recently got a quote on a 2015 Audi A6 3.0T prestige MSRP 64K and change. Below are the payment details as well as the lease information.

2015 Audi A6 3.0T prestige.
    42 months, 12k mileage , 5K Down, $685 a month

Money Factor:0.0097
    Residual: 46%

Is this a good deal? I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Can someone with knowledge of MF as well as residual please help me? I don't want to make the wrong decision or over pay. The leases on the 2016's are through the roof and I might have to settle with a 2015 in a color I don't necessarily like.

Thanks in advance.

The residual is correct. But, the base money factor is just .00057, so they've marked that up, quite a bit.

Besides getting the dealer to use the base MF, you might also consider the Premium Plus model, which has 4% higher residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• audifana6audifana6 Member Posts: 68
    I appreciate the feedback Moderator. I'm going to see if he can bring the MF down. Also, What are the details on a 2016 audi a6 3.0t prestige? They gave me a quote for 910/month 12k miles 67K MSRP, 42 months with 5K down. That's a big difference.

Thanks again for your help.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,151
    audifana6 said:

I appreciate the feedback Moderator. I'm going to see if he can bring the MF down. Also, What are the details on a 2016 audi a6 3.0t prestige? They gave me a quote for 910/month 12k miles 67K MSRP, 42 months with 5K down. That's a big difference.

2016 A6 3.0T Prestige 42/12 - .00110 and 50%.

What is the breakdown of the $5K they want up front? $900/mo seems like a lot for a $67K car, but I know Audi lease payments are generally higher than BMW or MB.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

So this is embarrassing, I quite frankly don't know. I told them I would put 5K down and they went with that information. I have an older X5 that is fully paid for that I was considering trading in but is worth more then $5K.. I understand that might be a high number to put down. What would you recommend?

Thanks again for all your help. It's been very helpful so far.
    audifana6 said:

So this is embarrassing, I quite frankly don't know. I told them I would put 5K down and they went with that information. I have an older X5 that is fully paid for that I was considering trading in but is worth more then $5K.. I understand that might be a high number to put down. What would you recommend?

Thanks again for all your help. It's been very helpful so far.

The only money due at signing should be the first months payment, acquisition (or bank) fee, dealer fee and any up front taxes that may be due.

Anything looking like a down payment or a cap cost reduction is not recommended; if the leased car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money. Same goes for trade equity; have the dealer cut you a check for any equity you may have in your trade.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Here's another quote on the 2016 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige. MSRP 67K, 5K down, 42 Months/12K miles, 800/month. MF .00110 Residual 50%. Still think it's too high. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    audifana6 said:

Here's another quote on the 2016 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige. MSRP 67K, 5K down, 42 Months/12K miles, 800/month. MF .00110 Residual 50%. Still think it's too high. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Still think $5K down is too much - need to find out how much is going to cap cost reduction.

For what it's worth, leases of 36 months or less have a MF that is .0002 lower than those of 39 months or longer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chrisg76chrisg76 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, i have a quote on a 2016 A6 3.0L TDI Prestige, MSRP: $69k, $7.5k down, 42months/7.5kmiles, for $680/mo. Residual: .48, MF: 1.31. That seems high to me, am I right?
    chrisg76 said:

Hi, i have a quote on a 2016 A6 3.0L TDI Prestige, MSRP: $69k, $7.5k down, 42months/7.5kmiles, for $680/mo. Residual: .48, MF: 1.31. That seems high to me, am I right?

The AFS lease numbers on the A6 TDI Prestige for 42/7.5 are .00059 and 48%.

What is the selling price, and what is the breakdown of the $7500 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chrisg76chrisg76 Member Posts: 2
    The $7500 was me just trying to get the monthly payments down. I ended up putting $4.5k down for a 42mo, 7.5kmi lease at a monthly payment of $595
    I'm still in the market 3 months later. Got a new quote on a 2016 audi A6 3.0T prestige MSRP 66K and change. Still live in NC... Below are the terms....

Monthly Payment $663
    36/10K miles
    5K down
    MF 0.00087
    Residual 54%

How's this deal looking? Seems good to me but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    audifana6 said:

I'm still in the market 3 months later. Got a new quote on a 2016 audi A6 3.0T prestige MSRP 66K and change. Still live in NC... Below are the terms....

Monthly Payment $663
    36/10K miles
    5K down
    MF 0.00087
    Residual 54%

How's this deal looking? Seems good to me but any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is the base money factor and residual. Would really need to know the CAP cost to calculate a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I believe the CAP cost is around the 58K-60K range. Will that help or would you need an exact figure amount?

audifana6 said:

I believe the CAP cost is around the 58K-60K range. Will that help or would you need an exact figure amount?

$2000 in CAP cost variance is $56/mo. in monthly payment variance..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The CAP cost is 61K.

MSRP 66K
    36/10K miles
    $633/month
    5K Down

Thoughts?
    audifana6 said:

The CAP cost is 61K.

MSRP 66K
    36/10K miles
    $633/month
    5K Down

Thoughts?

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

With $0 down, I get a pre-tax payment of $788.52/mo. Each $1000 down would lower your payment by $28/mo.

I'm using the 54% residual and .00087 MF in my calculations (as noted above).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for all your help. I went ahead and pulled the trigger.
    Here's another pic..... I figure with all your help you might want to see the finished product.
    Nice car - congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks again for all the information. Glad we have sites like these we as consumers can go to to fully understand the car lease/buying experience.
    Hi Again,

I'm enjoying my Audi A6 and appreciate the help last year. So, now my girlfriend is in the market for a new car. She's thinking about a lease and wants to lease a new BMW X5. Will probably be going to the dealership to look around in the next week or so. Living in NC could you provide what the MF and residual should be for a 2016 BMW X5 xDrive 35i? Thanks... I will follow up with MSRP, cap cost... etc once I receive the lease details.

Thanks in advance.
    audifana6 said:

Hi Again,

I'm enjoying my Audi A6 and appreciate the help last year. So, now my girlfriend is in the market for a new car. She's thinking about a lease and wants to lease a new BMW X5. Will probably be going to the dealership to look around in the next week or so. Living in NC could you provide what the MF and residual should be for a 2016 BMW X5 xDrive 35i? Thanks... I will follow up with MSRP, cap cost... etc once I receive the lease details.

Thanks in advance.

2016 X5 lease questions go here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/37218/bmw/x5/2016-bmw-x5-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So the new RS5 has finally made it's press release here in the states. I spoke with a top 10 dealer and am getting close to putting in an order. They are working on sending me numbers as we speak.

To be pro-active - Are their numbers for MF and residual out yet?

Thanks
    audifana6 said:

So the new RS5 has finally made it's press release here in the states. I spoke with a top 10 dealer and am getting close to putting in an order. They are working on sending me numbers as we speak.

Thanks

No, but they might be when March rolls around.

Wait, that's tomorrow! :smile:

Fingers crossed that they show up...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

audifana6 said:

Thanks

No, but they might be when March rolls around.

Wait, that's tomorrow! :smile:

Fingers crossed that they show up...
    I'm hoping so.... Thanks for the response. Looking forward to tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.