Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Austin Road Trip, Day 2 - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in BMW
imageAustin Road Trip, Day 2 - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

An Edmunds editor embarks on a road trip to Austin, Texas and back, in the long-term 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo, including driving impressions and MPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    spdracerutspdracerut Member Posts: 8
    Wow, very impressive MPG considering the speeds in west Texas (very long stretches of 80+mph). I've done the LA-Austin road trip twice myself.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2015
    I take a nice "mountain" route when I go to the airport in El Paso - sure beats the Interstate there (but backroads almost always beat the Interstates). Next time try exiting the freeway sooner and go through Chapperal NM; it's a bit less twisty for the first leg around El Paso.

The worst part about the freeways in Austin are the flying ramps - there's one near the airport that feels (to a tourist) like a off camber declining radius turn six or eight stories off the ground. Yikes!
  • Options
    flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The "Dynamic Cruise Control" is that, it will apply the brakes on downhill's to keep the car at set rate, I find this is a helpful feature so one doesn't have to keep looking for cops when driving.