Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Watch Those Mirrors - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Ford
imageWatch Those Mirrors - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

When you have huge mirrors on an already huge truck, you need to be extra careful.

Read the full story here

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Eh, happens to everyone. This past Christmas we had just put up Christmas lights on the house and as I was looking to make sure they were even as I backed out of our 150 ft winding driveway right into the one lone tree that stuck furthest out. It nipped the quarter and bumper end. Total damage? $3800. No airbag deployment, but it buckled the quarter pretty badly. Ugh, that sucked, but life goes on.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Luckily, its an American car, so it's probably something that a few screws and < 1 hr worth of time that any Joe could do. If it were a German car, the entire car would have to be disassembled to get to the $150 part (that has to be shipped from German) that has to be replaced.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Driving is more fun using the Braille method!

Seriously, I hope the lens is a separate part...might be.
  • thetruck454thetruck454 Member Posts: 11
    My first reaction was how the heck did you not notice the mirror was pulled out. Then I thought about it and realized unlike the rest of us you don't drive the same vehicle every day so you wouldn't be as apt to notice that. Not that I excuse you for being careless, but I can see a reason.
  • firemanjackfiremanjack Member Posts: 123
    Worst case scenario? Replace the entire rearview mirror....Bout 500 I'd wager....Ugh