Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Toyota Camry SE Prices Paid

pningpning Member Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Toyota
Hi Guys,

I received an OTD price offer in VA for a 2015 Camry SE in Cosmic Gray Mica for $22,500 last Monday with a sales price of $21,100 (including destination). In the out the door price, they included an regional advertising fee, refused to throw in floor mats, and charged a high dealer prep fee--are these fees avoidable based on this article?http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2013/05/16/7-car-dealership-fees-and-services-to-avoid)

Is there any way I can get the price lower or should I wait for Black Friday specials or even better Toyotathon Christmas Day deals/rebates?

Comments

• Options
    scraw33scraw33 Member Posts: 13
    Unless I'm missing something here, I'd think youd need to include the retail price to determine the deal. I'm currently looking for someone who has purchased a 2015 Camry SLE that retails for 30,615. Looking for some OTD prices to see what they're going for
  • Options
    pjw400pjw400 Member Posts: 7
    I thought the 2015 Toyota Camry Trims are LE, SE, XLE and XSE. I don't think there is a SLE.
  • Options
    pjw400pjw400 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2014
    scraw33 said:

Unless I'm missing something here, I'd think youd need to include the retail price to determine the deal. I'm currently looking for someone who has purchased a 2015 Camry SLE that retails for 30,615. Looking for some OTD prices to see what they're going for

I thought the 2015 Toyota Camry Trims are LE, SE, XLE and XSE. I don't think there is a SLE.
  • Options
    marballemarballe Member Posts: 1
    I'm in central Florida area and I got an internet offer of $22640 (which is $4400 off the $27040 MSRP) plus delivery fee, tax, tag, and title for the 2015 Camry XSE I-4 without other add-on.

TrueCar.com calls this "Unusually Low Price." But it seems when I punch in other zip code around the state of FL, $4000 off MSRP seems usual and replicable.

So, is this a good deal? Or just a meh deal being offered everywhere? What price point should I be really looking for? Searched around here, but didn't find anything... Any input would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    cnote213cnote213 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone purchased a 2015 camry le? and what is the amount you paid total. IM located in southern California
  • Options
    wiseoldfartwiseoldfart Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2015
    Our SW Florida Toyota distributor tends to add options like Toyoguard Elite and Clear Paint Protection ($900 for both) before delivering to dealers. Then there's that dealer prep charge of $860 on the sticker. All this stuff was on the only Blizzard Pearl SE 2.5 with a gray/black interior I managed to find in 2 months in my area.. That color combo was my first choice. Also included were carpeted floor mats, the only option I wanted. The premium paint was $395 extra, but I wanted it. Total retail price - $27,787.

I had a 2012 Camry LE 2.5 with 38k miles to trade in. The maximum amount I wanted to pay for the whole deal was $10,500 out the door, taxes and reg fees included. My favorite dealer missed by $1000 in November on a super white one. The other dealer tried to screw me on a silver one. However, on December 30, I got the above car for $10,700 out the door plus my trade due to the extra options. The extra options were worth the additional $200 I paid over my limit. I picked the right time and place to buy and they managed to have the exact car I wanted on the lot.
  • Options
    wiseoldfartwiseoldfart Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2015
    marballe said:

I'm in central Florida area and I got an internet offer of $22640 (which is $4400 off the $27040 MSRP) plus delivery fee, tax, tag, and title for the 2015 Camry XSE I-4 without other add-on.

TrueCar.com calls this "Unusually Low Price." But it seems when I punch in other zip code around the state of FL, $4000 off MSRP seems usual and replicable.

So, is this a good deal? Or just a meh deal being offered everywhere? What price point should I be really looking for? Searched around here, but didn't find anything... Any input would be appreciated!!

Be sure that price is out the door before the 6% sales tax and $200 registration fee is added on. I have a feeling other fees will show up unexpectedly and eat up a lot of that $4400 you are expecting to chop off of that MSRP.

• Options
    ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Purchased 2015 Camry SE MSRP of $24,865 for $20,990 plus $199 doc fee. Got additional $ 750 for college grad. Purchased 5 year Toyota wheel and tire for $445 because it covers dents and hail damage up to my insurance deductible. Get hailed on every year in Kansas City.

Toyota has special for $299 that adds 20,000 miles to their free maintenance. Bought it also.

Dealer let me put $ 9500 +445+299 on toyota credit card for a total reward of $ 512

Can purchase 7/100K extended warranty for either $924 or $1025 depending on whether I want to drive 6 hours.

No sales tax due to selling trade to carmax for $ 55,000

Should I use rewards to purchase warranty or keep it to pay for any repairs down the road.

• Options
    erictekerictek Member Posts: 2
    I just got $4300 off MSRP for a Black on Black 2015 Camry XSE in Northern CA (Bay Area). I didn't go fully loaded. I only added moonroof and all-weather rubber mats & cargo tray with wheels locks and door edge guards.
  • Options
    hhahhhah Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all for sharing your experience here. Helped me a lot so I decided to feed back.I just bought a silver SE with gray interior. Love the car, very quiet. I previous want an Accord, but after test drive it, I found Camry is more quiet and comfortable for 100% sure).

No dealer in this area has the car I like except one. So I just went to the dealer, test drove the car and used the price here as a reference to discuss the price with them. I even did not contact any other dealers.

They are very nice, the price negotiation is very pleasant experience. I know people get better deals in larger cities, and I think I can still go down about $200, but don't want be a mean shopper, and in this area, I guess the price will be about 500 higher since they are a small TOYOTA dealer. Here is the price information:

west WA (Spokane, Pullman, Lewiston, CDA)

$22170 (Include destination, $400 dealer AD fee, $199 floor&trunk mats)
    +8.1% tax
    +about $200 tag, document and license fees.

I also got 0.9% APR, so total is
    $10000 down payment + $240*60 month =24400 OTD

Hope this helps,