Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• brian6743brian6743 Member Posts: 29
    Okay the dealer told me they are using a residual of 57% and an MF of .00149. How would you respond?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    brian6743 said:

Okay the dealer told me they are using a residual of 57% and an MF of .00149. How would you respond?

Politely but firmly explain to them that you won't sign any deal that includes a marked up MF. Then contact a new BMW dealer - the competition will only help you get the best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

is that residual right?
    I thought I read above in the forum that it was a 63% on a 36/12 k lease.
    brian6743 said:

I thought I read above in the forum that it was a 63% on a 36/12 k lease.

Nope, all X3's have a 57% residual for 36/12 this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sayssays Member Posts: 5
    Trying to lease a car for the 1st time and am looking for your advise:

2015 X3 xDr28i MSRP 47,450 with 7000 miles (loaner car)
    Car Specs
    BASE MSRP $40,500
    Space Gray Metallic $550
    Driver Assistance Package $950
    Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration $500
    Heated front seats $500
    Navigation system $2,150
    Panoramic moonroof $1,350
    Destination Charge 950

Was quoted monthly payment of $490 inclusive of 6% Tax MA
    Residual value $26187
    Down payment of $3500 (includes 1st payment+ fees)

What should the actual cost be for this 2015 loaner car cuz the above price quoted by the dealer is clearly as much for a new car.
    Should I just ask for a new car or work with the dealer on this loaner car.
    Thank you
    says said:

Trying to lease a car for the 1st time and am looking for your advise:

2015 X3 xDr28i MSRP 47,450 with 7000 miles (loaner car)
    Car Specs
    BASE MSRP $40,500
    Space Gray Metallic $550
    Driver Assistance Package $950
    Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration $500
    Heated front seats $500
    Navigation system $2,150
    Panoramic moonroof $1,350
    Destination Charge 950

Was quoted monthly payment of $490 inclusive of 6% Tax MA
    Residual value $26187
    Down payment of $3500 (includes 1st payment+ fees)

What should the actual cost be for this 2015 loaner car cuz the above price quoted by the dealer is clearly as much for a new car.
    Should I just ask for a new car or work with the dealer on this loaner car.
    Thank you

What lease term and how many miles per year?

The fact that it's a loaner means you should get a hefty discount from sticker .. but, the extra miles will affect the net residual value.

What is the full breakdown of the $3500 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sayssays Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, forgot to add Lease period is 36 months with 10000 miles/year.
    How much discount/depreciation should be considered for this car with 7000miles?
    So is the Residual value of $26,187 fair for the above mentioned car?

The Dealer mentioned that it'll include your first month payment, taxes + all the fees. He's not given further breakdown.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    says said:

Sorry, forgot to add Lease period is 36 months with 10000 miles/year.
    How much discount/depreciation should be considered for this car with 7000miles?
    So is the Residual value of $26,187 fair for the above mentioned car?

The Dealer mentioned that it'll include your first month payment, taxes + all the fees. He's not given further breakdown.

A vehicle with 7000 miles will have the residual reduced by an additional $1400.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rungirlparungirlpa Member Posts: 3
    Hello - I'm in PA and looking for some advice on possibly leasing a 2015 X3 xDrive35i that's a previous loaner with approximately 5400 miles on it. The original MSRP was 57125 and they've offered it at 49,190. First - I know that's a significant savings off MSRP, but this is a "used" vehicle with 5400 miles on it - so do you think there's any room for further negotiation on the price? And if so - how do I know how low to go on an offer? Next - I'm looking at a 36mos/10K lease. What MF and residual percentage are fair for this car? I'm guessing since it's a loaner vs a new car, it would be different than the new car rates??? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    rungirlpa said:

Hello - I'm in PA and looking for some advice on possibly leasing a 2015 X3 xDrive35i that's a previous loaner with approximately 5400 miles on it. The original MSRP was 57125 and they've offered it at 49,190. First - I know that's a significant savings off MSRP, but this is a "used" vehicle with 5400 miles on it - so do you think there's any room for further negotiation on the price? And if so - how do I know how low to go on an offer? Next - I'm looking at a 36mos/10K lease. What MF and residual percentage are fair for this car? I'm guessing since it's a loaner vs a new car, it would be different than the new car rates??? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

.00129 and 58% for 36/10 - no difference from a car with 0 miles on it.

The residual will be knocked down an additional $1080 due to the miles.

Not sure how much more you can negotiate off the sticker price - $8K seems pretty substantial to me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

rungirlpa said:

Not sure how much more you can negotiate off the sticker price - $8K seems pretty substantial to me.
    Thanks so much for your insight, Michael! It's greatly appreciated. If I did 7 MSDs, I should be able to get my MF down to 0.0008, correct?
    rungirlpa said:

Michaell said:

rungirlpa said:

Thanks so much for your insight, Michael! It's greatly appreciated. If I did 7 MSDs, I should be able to get my MF down to 0.0008, correct?
    Yes, max MSD would reduce the MF by .00049.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

rungirlpa said:

Michaell said:

rungirlpa said:

Yes, max MSD would reduce the MF by .00049.
    Thanks again! Greatly appreciate it!
  • sfgiantsfgiant Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Hi,

Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 x3 28d on a 24 month lease with 15K miles per year?

Also, what are current discounts (in percentage) off of MSRP like right now?

Thanks!
    sfgiant said:

Hi,

Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 x3 28d on a 24 month lease with 15K miles per year?

Also, what are current discounts (in percentage) off of MSRP like right now?

Thanks!

.00129 MF and 61% residual for 24/15.

36 month residual is 55%.

Without any other incentives, 7% off MSRP seems to be the best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sfgiantsfgiant Member Posts: 11
    Thanks!

I'm being pushed to do the pull ahead leasing program, so I'm trying to find a good deal. :-)
    So the drama continues. The car I ordered is in from the factory. The dealer is pushing me to finance at .9 rather than lease. I've insisted he send me all the documents to review. Nothing but an email that says" no down, first payment and doc fees $1138.12) and payment of 749.12 with a MF of .00129....$2500 down payment of $707.88 and $5000 down and a payment of $632.18. I'm only doing zero down on a lease so the last two are meaningless.

I'm getting sick of this game. It seems to me that he is about $2300 over on the lease as I calculated about $685 on a 36/12 lease.

Questions: Would you walk at this point? Did I miscalculate somewhere?
    brian6743 said:

So the drama continues. The car I ordered is in from the factory. The dealer is pushing me to finance at .9 rather than lease. I've insisted he send me all the documents to review. Nothing but an email that says" no down, first payment and doc fees $1138.12) and payment of 749.12 with a MF of .00129....$2500 down payment of $707.88 and $5000 down and a payment of $632.18. I'm only doing zero down on a lease so the last two are meaningless.

I'm getting sick of this game. It seems to me that he is about $2300 over on the lease as I calculated about $685 on a 36/12 lease.

Questions: Would you walk at this point? Did I miscalculate somewhere?

Ask them to provide the selling price and the net cap cost .. and an explanation of how they got from one to the other. They are using the base MF so that's a good start.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jtjkwjtjkw Member Posts: 12

Am I getting a good deal? 2015 x3 lease in NJ - picking it up tomorrow

2015 BMW X3
    MSRP - $49,250
    Negotiated price to $45,300
    --------
    36months/15K
    --------
    MONTHLY LEASE PAYMENT $592
    --------
    MF .00129
    Residual 55% of MSRP = $27,087
    $3,958.17 UPFRONT (includes 7% NJ Tax $1790.53, .004 luxury tax, bank fee $895, doc, reg,etc. $688.42, first month's payment $592)
    ---------
    Does this deal make sense? I'm interested in knowing if the monthly payment is correct. I'm also interested in the upfront costs of $3,958.17. It seems to make sense but I'd love someone to double check. I also asked if I could pay multiple security deposits and they said the would do it but haven't gone through that yet. Was hoping to put 6 MSD at .00007 reduction each.
    jtjkw said:

Am I getting a good deal? 2015 x3 lease in NJ - picking it up tomorrow

2015 BMW X3
    MSRP - $49,250
    Negotiated price to $45,300
    --------
    36months/15K
    --------
    MONTHLY LEASE PAYMENT $592
    --------
    MF .00129
    Residual 55% of MSRP = $27,087
    $3,958.17 UPFRONT (includes 7% NJ Tax $1790.53, .004 luxury tax, bank fee $895, doc, reg,etc. $688.42, first month's payment $592)
    ---------
    Does this deal make sense? I'm interested in knowing if the monthly payment is correct. I'm also interested in the upfront costs of $3,958.17. It seems to make sense but I'd love someone to double check. I also asked if I could pay multiple security deposits and they said the would do it but haven't gone through that yet. Was hoping to put 6 MSD at .00007 reduction each.

As it stands, I'm getting a payment of $599.28/mo with your numbers. With 6 MSDs, the payment drops to $568.88.

Bank fee is marked up $100, but the dealer is using the base MF. I don't see any issues with the up front costs, given that you are paying the entire tax bill.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jtjkwjtjkw Member Posts: 12
    Thank you so much! This forum was invaluable. I was able to catch a few things that I would have never known: first offer was a money factor of .00149. Of course when I challenged it they said it would depend on my credit rating. I ended up getting the .00129 but probably wouldn't have known to question it otherwise. I also payed 6 MSDs and got the $568 payment. The sales guy did try to say that the new payment was based on 7 MSDs but I *think* that was an honest mistake because he didn't realize that the finance guy only ran the numbers based on 6. All in all it was a great experience and appreciate the help! My advice for newbies (to leasing) is to print out the long calculation sheets. This is where you calculate out everything by hand from depreciation amounts, to rent charge, to tax. It takes a few times to get the hang of it but I was able to calculate exact payment (all in) before I went to dealer. I'll see if I can find the link for this form and post it. Thanks again!!
    jtjkw said:

Thank you so much! This forum was invaluable. I was able to catch a few things that I would have never known: first offer was a money factor of .00149. Of course when I challenged it they said it would depend on my credit rating. I ended up getting the .00129 but probably wouldn't have known to question it otherwise. I also payed 6 MSDs and got the $568 payment. The sales guy did try to say that the new payment was based on 7 MSDs but I *think* that was an honest mistake because he didn't realize that the finance guy only ran the numbers based on 6. All in all it was a great experience and appreciate the help! My advice for newbies (to leasing) is to print out the long calculation sheets. This is where you calculate out everything by hand from depreciation amounts, to rent charge, to tax. It takes a few times to get the hang of it but I was able to calculate exact payment (all in) before I went to dealer. I'll see if I can find the link for this form and post it. Thanks again!!

Congratulations - enjoy the new BMW!

Thanks for checking back in with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    When will we know the lease numbers for the 2016 X3? I'm looking to order one for the April build - will there be MF and residual info so I can do that? Thanks!
    rujo said:
    When will we know the lease numbers for the 2016 X3? I'm looking to order one for the April build - will there be MF and residual info so I can do that? Thanks!
    Perhaps when the April numbers are released next week...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

It's been a while since I've leased - The MSRP that the residual is calculated from includes the destination charge, correct? Thanks.
    rujo said:

It's been a while since I've leased - The MSRP that the residual is calculated from includes the destination charge, correct? Thanks.

Never mind - I now realize it does!
    rujo said:

rujo said:

Never mind - I now realize it does!
    Yes, the bottom line number on the window sticker is used to calculate the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well, I guess I won't ever be leasing a vehicle from Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara CA. A friend ordered an X3 there today, negotiating a very satisfactory selling price. He was interested in leasing - dealer presents numbers - whoa, MF marked up from .00129 to .00170 and acquisition fee from $795 to $995. Dealer person stated it was corporate policy of the Sonic Automotive Dealership group and could not be changed.

So - no lease! My friend will likely do one of the low-rate finance programs from BMWFS, or may even use external financing. For me, my next car will be leased - but obviously not from SC BMW.
    rujo said:

Well, I guess I won't ever be leasing a vehicle from Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara CA. A friend ordered an X3 there today, negotiating a very satisfactory selling price. He was interested in leasing - dealer presents numbers - whoa, MF marked up from .00129 to .00170 and acquisition fee from $795 to $995. Dealer person stated it was corporate policy of the Sonic Automotive Dealership group and could not be changed.

So - no lease! My friend will likely do one of the low-rate finance programs from BMWFS, or may even use external financing. For me, my next car will be leased - but obviously not from SC BMW.

That is more typical, than not..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Is this model going to be on a new platform soon?

How is the MF relative to the the 3-series sedans?

Is European Delivery available for the X3?
    wco81 said:

Is this model going to be on a new platform soon?

How is the MF relative to the the 3-series sedans?

Is European Delivery available for the X3?

Don't know anything about a new model.

All BMW MF are .00130 this month.

The X3 is manufactured in South Carolina - you can arrange for delivery there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stekicarstekicar Member Posts: 55
    What is the residual percentage for X3 X28i for 15k/36m this month? Is it 55%? I live in MI.
    stekicar said:

What is the residual percentage for X3 X28i for 15k/36m this month? Is it 55%? I live in MI.

Yes .. and .00130 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• losduraneslosduranes Member Posts: 10
    Hello! Can you please provide the april money factor and residual on a 2015 x3 xdrive 28i;

36/10K
    36/7.5K

Hello! Can you please provide the april money factor and residual on a 2015 x3 xdrive 28i;

36/10K
    36/7.5K

.00130 and 58% / 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• annu6annu6 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    This is a very helpful and educational forum I must say.
    Here is my situation - my existing car lease(not BMW) expires end of June. Wondering if I should go for 2015 X3 or wait for 2016 X3. My preference is saving money leasing 2015 for lower cap cost. However, how much of ball park cap cost difference I should be looking for between 2015 vs 2016 X3. I understand my choices for 2015 will be diminishing if I wait too long.
    Would appreciate your thoughts or any other ideas are welcome.
    annu6 said:

Hi,
    Here is my situation - my existing car lease(not BMW) expires end of June. Wondering if I should go for 2015 X3 or wait for 2016 X3. My preference is saving money leasing 2015 for lower cap cost. However, how much of ball park cap cost difference I should be looking for between 2015 vs 2016 X3. I understand my choices for 2015 will be diminishing if I wait too long.

I think you've identified the major issues .. better pricing vs. limited availability. If' I'm looking to lease a $40K+ CUV, I think I'd want to get exactly what I want rather than take what's on the dealer's lot. But, that's me.

Generally, getting 5-7% off sticker on a BMW is doing good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• annu6annu6 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    Michaell said:

annu6 said:

Hi,

I think you've identified the major issues .. better pricing vs. limited availability. If' I'm looking to lease a $40K+ CUV, I think I'd want to get exactly what I want rather than take what's on the dealer's lot. But, that's me.

Generally, getting 5-7% off sticker on a BMW is doing good.
    Thanks for your reply. I assume 5-7% discount on 2015 model. Can the same discount be expected for 2016 let's say after couple of months. If yes, what would that do to 2015 discounts? Over 10%? (Of course, I have no basis for saying this). Just wanted to understand what kind of incentive/discounts dealers offer to move previous inventory.

edited April 2015
    annu6 said:
    Hi, This is a very helpful and educational forum I must say. Here is my situation - my existing car lease(not BMW) expires end of June. Wondering if I should go for 2015 X3 or wait for 2016 X3. My preference is saving money leasing 2015 for lower cap cost. However, how much of ball park cap cost difference I should be looking for between 2015 vs 2016 X3. I understand my choices for 2015 will be diminishing if I wait too long. Would appreciate your thoughts or any other ideas are welcome.
    I think you've identified the major issues .. better pricing vs. limited availability. If' I'm looking to lease a $40K+ CUV, I think I'd want to get exactly what I want rather than take what's on the dealer's lot. But, that's me. Generally, getting 5-7% off sticker on a BMW is doing good.
    Thanks for your reply. I assume 5-7% discount on 2015 model. Can the same discount be expected for 2016 let's say after couple of months. If yes, what would that do to 2015 discounts? Over 10%? (Of course, I have no basis for saying this). Just wanted to understand what kind of incentive/discounts dealers offer to move previous inventory.
     It's hard to say what BMW will do with incentives once the 2016 models are available.  They might offer lease cash. 

If you go back enough pages in this discussion, you might see some comments about discounts when the 2015 models were available and what that did to the 2014 pricing. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

36/10K
    36/7.5K

.00130 and 58% / 59%
    Are these the residuals for a 2016 also?
    rujo said:

Michaell said:

36/10K
    36/7.5K

.00130 and 58% / 59%
    Are these the residuals for a 2016 also?
    No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    are the numbers the same for all X3, in April?
    anh3 said:

are the numbers the same for all X3, in April?

All X3's are .00130 and 55% for 36/15 in April

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• greencardwpbgreencardwpb Member Posts: 20
    The 2016's have arrived and the 2015's are essentially gone (at least in the configuration that I am interested in). Are the money factors and residuals out for the 2016 X3 xDrive28i? I am interested in 36/15 and 36/12. This would be in South Florida is location is a consideration. Thanks!

The 2016's have arrived and the 2015's are essentially gone (at least in the configuration that I am interested in). Are the money factors and residuals out for the 2016 X3 xDrive28i? I am interested in 36/15 and 36/12. This would be in South Florida is location is a consideration. Thanks!

No 2016 numbers from BMW yet. Perhaps next week when the May numbers are released...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    Any help please is appreciated! Are May BMW X3 rates available yet? I made a deal on an X3 28d yesterday but it got too late for the dealer and myself so we couldn't sign off so he said come back tomorrow. Now I am wondering if I should try to put a deposit to hold the April lease deal until the May rates come out. They could be worse but there may also be some incentive as there are 2016's on the ground here in So. California already. This X3 has a couple of things I don't need (cold weather package for example) but doesn't have Xenons so am compromising as there are not many 2015's left. I would likely have to wait a while to order or get a 2016 exactly the way I wanted and with a decent discount or lease as they are so new.

Here is an outline of the lease deal based on April rates.

MSRP: $53,225
    Selling Price: $49,500 ( I had to really be tough to get this, which is why it got too late but they finally agreeed)

Residual 55% for 36/15K $29274
    Money Factor: .00130 (3.12%)

Payment: $664.24
    9% tax: $59.78

Total payment: $724.02

Total Drive off $2019.00 to include:
    1st payment-$724, DMV-$420, Bank Fee of $795 - this was like pulling teeth to get down from $995!) doc fee $80.

How is this deal? I wouldn't normally do this but thinking of putting $2500 CAP reduction to get my payment to a more monthly digestible for my budget of $644 including Tax.

Thanks!

PS: This is for 2015 X3 28d and also includes BMW all weather front/rear floor mats and cargo liner.
    jmcbmw said:

Any help please is appreciated! Are May BMW X3 rates available yet? I made a deal on an X3 28d yesterday but it got too late for the dealer and myself so we couldn't sign off so he said come back tomorrow. Now I am wondering if I should try to put a deposit to hold the April lease deal until the May rates come out. They could be worse but there may also be some incentive as there are 2016's on the ground here in So. California already. This X3 has a couple of things I don't need (cold weather package for example) but doesn't have Xenons so am compromising as there are not many 2015's left. I would likely have to wait a while to order or get a 2016 exactly the way I wanted and with a decent discount or lease as they are so new.

Here is an outline of the lease deal based on April rates.

MSRP: $53,225
    Selling Price: $49,500 ( I had to really be tough to get this, which is why it got too late but they finally agreeed)

Residual 55% for 36/15K $29274
    Money Factor: .00130 (3.12%)

Payment: $664.24
    9% tax: $59.78

Total payment: $724.02

Total Drive off $2019.00 to include:
    1st payment-$724, DMV-$420, Bank Fee of $795 - this was like pulling teeth to get down from $995!) doc fee $80.

How is this deal? I wouldn't normally do this but thinking of putting $2500 CAP reduction to get my payment to a more monthly digestible for my budget of $644 including Tax.

Thanks!

jmcbmw said:

PS: This is for 2015 X3 28d and also includes BMW all weather front/rear floor mats and cargo liner.

We have limited information on BMW so far ... 56% and .00129 for 36/10. With your MSRP and selling price, I get a payment of $708/mo for 36/10 with tax.

We do not recommend making a cap cost reduction .. if the car is stolen or totaled you lose that money. Instead, consider MSD to buy down the money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you