Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Honda Accord Prices Paid And Buying Experience

Comments

• shmikeshmike Member Posts: 41
    brian125 said:

bsmith75 ,

Exl invoice = $25,997 plus 820 dest / charge = $26,817

EX invoice = $23,634...........820....................= $24,454

There are no current Incentives / Rebates outside of college grad, or military rebates of $500

Buy at the very end of March. Start your emails and calls on march 30th to all your targeted dealerships. . Target price range in TX........1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice. Very good deals are in this price range.

Getting 2k below invoice may be harder if your not going to get 10 to 15 dealerships involved and use the end of the month/ 1st quarter to your advantage. Pitting one dealer against the next.

I would start this week with my spread sheet listing of all my targeted dealerships Internet mgrs, Names, Numbers, Email info along with each dealerships....... doc fee charge. You must know this charge prior to making your offer to buy on that day.

Getting a price of 2k below means you achieve that number after you take into consideration each dealerships doc fee charge, If your state has a cap on doc's there are no worries then.

Example : If dealers doc fee charge is $499 your offer is 2499 below your models invoice price. This makes dealers doc fee charge a wash on the bill of sale. Doc fee's in TX are not high ( about $150) compared to other states that get $299 to 899................( MA, CT, NJ, MD, CO, FL,GA, NC, SC, NV.)

If you get 2k below invoice and dealers doc fee is $499 then your deal is really $1501 below dealers invoice price.

Being prepared and doing Pre homework makes the day your buying so much easier and less time consuming.

Use this month to your advantage. Buying at the end of any of the 4 quarters will help you make a better deal. Limited dealerships in your area will put the pricing advantage in there favor and not yours.

You should always plan to buy a new vehicle at the very end of any month.

Good luck

This is a phenomenal post! Thanks for all the help.

I'm looking for an EX-L in Florida, are the invoice and destination prices the same?

Any additional state/regional incentives or rebates (specifically for a lease)?

Thanks again!

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    shmike

Invoice Prices are the same across the country . Florida has very high doc fee's $699 plus.. add doc's into your asking price making it a wash on the bill of sale. .\ Check out the Accord leasing forum for your models residual / money factor etc.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• carro101carro101 Member Posts: 21
    @ brian125 Great information regarding timing of buying a vehicle

What is the hold back percentage received to dealers
    from HONDA for each vehicle?

What is the paid to dealers for their quarterly quota bonus?

Do they receive a yearly quota bonus?

@artthurr Tony at honda world did not return 2 messages.
    Finally i called and he said you purchased two cars and this was the
    reason you obtained the EX-L for $24,100.
    DId you buy 2 cars?
    one more ? brian125
    I was in manufacturing for a long time and always wondered
    what the factory cost of the car cost. For an accord lx camry LE
    i was thinking about $8,000-$10,000. do you have info on that?
    thanks
  • bitdadybitdady Member Posts: 16
    Yes. I got two vehicles @carro101
    did you have to call him back and grind to
    obtain this price or did he offer it to you.
    I am a buyer at this price but he does not return
    phone calls.

What other dealer and name of sales person seems aggressive on
    price?
    I didn't call. Just went back and forth in emails. I also had good luck with Buena park Honda, and Hardin Honda. 
    Last ? Sorry
    do you have a contact name from buena park 
    and Hardin?
    thanks
    Last ? Sorry
    do you have a contact name from buena park 
    and Hardin?
    thanks
    I'm going to have to find my sheet. I'll let you know by tomorrow. 
    @artthurr that's all for tonight
    thanks
    @carro101
    Merlyn Perez-Buena park
    Michael Nguyen-Hardin
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    carro101 said:

@ brian125 Great information regarding timing of buying a vehicle

What is the hold back percentage received to dealers
    from HONDA for each vehicle?

What is the paid to dealers for their quarterly quota bonus?

Do they receive a yearly quota bonus?

I think the holdback on Honda is 2%.

If there is any quarterly or annual bonus program, we don't have the details of them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

brian125 said:

shmike

Invoice Prices are the same across the country . Florida has very high doc fee's $699 plus.. add doc's into your asking price making it a wash on the bill of sale. .\ Check out the Accord leasing forum for your models residual / money factor etc.

Thanks for the info, Brian.

I've gotten the RV/MF from the lease thread.

I may have missed it but do you have a copy or example of the e-mail you send when looking for quotes from dealers?

I've started on my spreadsheet. This is the exact opposite of my last buying experience when I walked in and said "I'll take that one." lol.

• hondafaaanatichondafaaanatic Member Posts: 19
    shmike said:

I may have missed it but do you have a copy or example of the e-mail you send when looking for quotes from dealers?

@shmike based on @brian125 's advice (thanks so much!!), this was the email I sent out to dealers when I started my hunt last month:

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 2015 Honda Accord EX-L in White/Ivory or Silver/Gray, no add-ons or accessories. I am ready to buy today if you can meet my price of $27,000 out the door (including all fees, taxes, tags). I have a credit card ready to put a hold on the vehicle until I can come in later today to finish the paperwork.

I am also in touch with Anderson, Stevens Creek, Southbay, Larry Hopkins, Capitol, and Fremont AutoNation dealerships. Please let me know if you would like to do business.

edited March 2015
    @hondafaaanatic

Hey good job on your email to dealers. There is no right or wrong way how you write up your emails. Only what works best for you.

Your objective is to get the negotiation process started and get a dialog back and forth with dealers competing for your business at month end. Emails or phone calls. They both work well.

If your not good at negotiating or buying a new vehicle.... start your emails and calls 4 days before the end of any month possibly holding out till the last day to meet or get close to your target price.

You all should have a target price range to buy. A high and low price. If by months end the very high price cant be had lower your price down.

If you think or are good at negotiating send out those emails and calls on the 2nd to last day/ last day of any month. Get as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel. This helps in negotiations. ( do I make that better deal 50 miles away for 300 less or do I take the deal at 300 more from my local dealer. ) Thats the game plan. Determining pricing in a Targeted area. Then determining if its worth the travel time and miles for the savings.

@hondafaaanatic : email is very good but let me simplify it for the beginners in this forum who cant figure OTD pricing. Unless you have other OTD pricing emails to compared to its harder to breakdown. More experience car buyers can get pretty close to that OTD number without dealerships doing it for them.

Here is another email approach with a Target price to buy on the day emails go out. .

This email you can send out to 10 / 20 dealerships

Example:

I'm looking to buy a 2015 White exl, Accord with no other options. For 1500 below invoice price or $25,650 which includes the destination charge and excludes taxes , tags , dmv, and your doc fee charge I will purchase said vehicle from your dealership today. I will hold sale with a credit card deposit to show I'm a serious buyer.

Quick and simple. This puts every dealers int. mgr. on the spot that moment for a immediate sale . These emails work the best at the end of the month. On a majority Monthly sale stand point First 3 1/2 weeks dealers will brush you aside, string you along if there not ready to lower the sales price yet. Wait , wait, wait, till the end . Give yourself the upper hand and leverage. Play the game .. Its like a good card game. Never tip your hand first . This is your hard earned money.

I use the same approach when I buy a new vehicle but I like to call the majority of my dealerships and speak to the Int. mgr. ONE on ONE just like if I was in front of that person in the dealership. A sale is a sale regardless whether its on the phone or in the dealership. Cut out the floor salesman who is the middle man.

I make no contact with any dealership for a sale before the 2nd or last day of any month. I read thru all the different car buying boards daily and cant believe how many folks get taken by these con artist dealers, and the nonsense they pull with us buyers.

Stop and learn how to play this car game. I have four Aces in my hand.................... what's in your hand?

Edmunds refuse's to number these posts. if you click on my user name @brian125 then on my comments you could Re- read thru my old posts on negotiations and buying. I have posted 4 or 5 good emails to dealers for out of state / local email buying. Read thru some of my many Negotiating tips it will save you a few dollars.

Good luck to all the March buyers........ Post your deals and buying experience it helps us all

edited March 2015
    Short story for the members.

I sent my friend into the Subaru dealers last month on Feb. 20, to buy a 2015 Forrester to prove my point to him on pricing and how these dealers work . Five dealerships in 2 days. Not one of those dealers were going 1000 below dealers invoice. My friend tried with I will buy it today.. Swing and a miss all 5. Two dealers were at invoice price . one at 300 below , the other at 350 below.

Guess what happened on Feb. 28th. when I called each dealerships internet manager.

Two of those dealers were ready to sell at 1k below invoice , One dealer said they would match, the other 2 were 200/300 off the 1k below mark. . This is why I preach do not waste your time till months end.

At worst case walk in and out of dealerships starting on the 2nd to last day of the month. You will make a better deal using this same approach.

Another factor will be how willing the particular manager is to make a sale. For example, I purchased my EXL from Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose. I emailed two managers at the same dealership - one of them just said "no way I can do your price, $xxx and no lower." The other manager (the one I purchased from) didn't say no right away, but asked for my zip code to calculate taxes, and came back with a higher number, but at least he made it very apparent he was willing to talk and try to work things out.

Another tactic that helped a lot is being willing to walk away. Like your many helpful posts pointed out, if you are willing to walk away, all the power is in your hands. They CAN smell if you are desperate to buy, and are just trying to haggle. For example, that afternoon I was already in email negotiations with two or three dealers and already had a few decent offers on hand. I happened to be close by another dealer, and walked in, and when a salesperson approached me, I said upfront, "I have these offers already, tell me what you can do." While he was talking to the managers, I emailed back the other dealers and said, "I'm sitting in the showroom at XXX dealer, they are crunching numbers to offer me $xx, if you can beat it I will walk out the door right now." Believe it or not, some dealers are willing to fight each other to get the sale.

And Brian is right - just stating an OTD price doesn't give a good indication of the actual price paid, because taxes and doc fees and reg fees are different from place to place. For example, I'm in San Jose, my taxes are easily .5% to 1% higher than in Southern California, so a plain OTD price isn't a good indicator of a good deal. I came to my price after reading the numerous pricing posts on this thread.

Brian, again, thank you. I actually read through this whole thread (yes, all 13 pages at the time I was buying last month) to figure out how to negotiate. I hate negotiating, but your advice really empowered me. Thanks!!
    edited March 2015
    Thanks @hondafaaanatic good job posting and helping new forum members understand about the buying process.

brian125 said:

@hondafaaanatic

This email you can send out to 10 / 20 dealerships

Example:

I'm looking to buy a 2015 White exl, Accord with no other options. For 1500 below invoice price or $25,650 which includes the destination charge and excludes taxes , tags , dmv, and your doc fee charge I will purchase said vehicle from your dealership today. I will hold sale with a credit card deposit to show I'm a serious buyer.

Thanks again to Brian and everyone else that has posted here!

Quick question on invoice: Should I just look that number up on Edmunds? Are your numbers above simply for illustrative purposes?

Edmunds says the invoice on an EX-L is $26,888. Is that fairly accurate?

Lastly, how do you determine how much above or below invoice you should be? You mentioned earlier that $1500 - $2k below is a good number in Texas. Does the same hold true in FL? How Do I determine that?
    edited March 2015
    Every area and state will be different in pricing. Some are a lot better than others as you see. My above example was not actual pricing.

NY and NJ see pricing at 600 to 1200 below invoice. FL is 1500 to 2k below as is Texas.

Your general buying formula should be Invoice price minus dealer hold-back minus dealers doc fee charge minus and incentives and rebates that apply to you. This should represent a starting high target price point with most new model vehicles. As we get into that year prices get better due to dealer incentives. Dealers receive sales incentives and other truck money that we are not privilege to. This helps dealers sell cheaper. The advertised invoice price that the manufacturer leads us to believe is not truly the real invoice price of the vehicle.

Area pricing and how its done?

How do I determine that or you? Making Calls and emails to a Targeted area disclose area pricing at months end. 2 /4 / 6 dealers wont work ... Call 20 /30/ 40 dealers that's how.. If I email all 30 dealers in the NYC, Tri state area and my best deals are 500 to 800 below invoice then that represents my area's pricing for this month. If you bought as many vehicles as I had well over 1000 you learn certain tricks when to buy, what months are better, when dealers are given more truck money, etc. Honda pricing pattern is similar year in and out. If you follow pricing as close as I do you see how Honda pricing evolves thru the months.

I Use either Edmunds or Nada.com for prices and incentives on vehicles. Mostly Nada.

EXL invoice with dest charge= 26,817...Edmunds price or ( 25,997 plus 820 )

• misterfunkymisterfunky Member Posts: 4
    brian125,

So let me get this straight... I am interested in a Accord 4cyl EX-L, no nav in NJ.

The invoice above is "Exl invoice = $25,997 plus 820 dest charge = $26,817"

So my target, should be $26,817 - $2,000 or $24,817? And that is including the dealer's doc fee?

I can get my own financing, which matches Honda, so I can get that if needed to reduce noise and loan origination fees, etc.

What about the mud flap, trunk mat, wheel locks, security etching scam they always pull? My local dealer charges $850 for them, which is crazy. One time he gave them to me no cost, another he reduced it to $250. Should we pay anything for these addons? I know you can buy these yourself cheaper, but it is nice to have them installed.

This will be the fourth Honda I purchased or leased from a specific dealer, if they come in with the lowest price. Are there any owner loyalty incentives?

Thanks,

edited March 2015

What about the mud flap, trunk mat, wheel locks, security etching scam they always pull? My local dealer charges $850 for them, which is crazy. One time he gave them to me no cost, another he reduced it to $250. Should we pay anything for these addons? I know you can buy these yourself cheaper, but it is nice to have them installed.

One dealer had mudflaps, cargo tray, and paint protection added on - for $1999. I looked at this on the sticker, turned to the salesman, and said, "Oh, that's too bad, it looks like you guys already added all this expensive stuff that I don't need." He kind of smiled a sheepish smile, waved his hands, and said, "Well, yeah, that stuff.... we can make that go away. Don't worry about it."

I love the Internet. When I bought my first Accord back in 2001, I didn't know ANY of this. I would look at the add-ons and think, "Wow, how convenient that they already installed all this for me!" Well, when I found out how much these parts actually cost, I buy and install myself.

BTW, for anyone wanting to buy OEM accessories, I use Bernardi Honda. Yes, shipping can add up, but their prices have been the best that I could find so far. And I can tell you, the cargo tray is pretty easy to install. :smile:
    edited March 2015
    Sorry 2k below in NJ is a very hard sell. If you could get 1500 below dealers invoice in NJ that's a great job. There is a 500 dealer cash incentive that the dealer gets not us . dealer can use it as he feels.

NJ doc fee's are 299 to 399. I would target 1000 to 1500 below the 26,817 number

Try these dealers in addition to your

Auto-sport , GardenState , DCH Paramus, Dch kay Honda, Madison.... and maybe Hamilton they add on there vehicles be careful.

All add on accessories desired should be negotiated at invoice price with dealers.. Or buy them from these 2 sites.......

www. cheaphonda parts or www.collegehills honda parts

Bernardi Honda has good prices with a lot of there Honda parts. My friend had them ship a water pump and belt to him for almost half the price what other Honda dealers wanted.

• bullandrebullandre Member Posts: 18
    I will be sending out my emails in a couple days. I'm trying to get either a new 2014 or 2015 EX with no add-ons.

I would be glad if there are some 2014 EX models still available, then I would use Brian's advice and shoot for at least $3000 below invoice in the NYC metro area. Guys, am I being realistic?
    bullandre said:

I would be glad if there are some 2014 EX models still available, then I would use Brian's advice and shoot for at least $3000 below invoice in the NYC metro area. Guys, am I being realistic?

We went after a 2014 EXL-NAV and the dealer didn't seem motivated to budge on price. He was asking pretty much what a 2015 EXL-NAV would go for. Again, it depends on the dealer, if they are motivated to move the aging stock or not.

bullandre said:

We went after a 2014 EXL-NAV and the dealer didn't seem motivated to budge on price. He was asking pretty much what a 2015 EXL-NAV would go for. Again, it depends on the dealer, if they are motivated to move the aging stock or not.

It makes no sense they would do that tho. I'm just hoping I could snag a 2014 model.
    edited March 2015
    bullandre

If time is on your side use the internet to find/ locate 2014 models you may like. Make offers on the phone saying for X price you will consider buying that model. leave contact info. Trying to buy a leftover off a dealers lot the 1st week of the month may be harder than the last day of the month. The NYC area is a very tuff market on Accords we just cant seem to get those good deals like we see in MA, MD, VA, FL, CA. There are not many new 2014 model's left on dealers lots. Dealers will not under sell many of them until they are sitting around to long.

Here are a few 2014 EX, and EXL, models I found with low mileage . Call and make a 2k below there offer price .
    The other 3 listings I posted I deleted.............. they were sold already

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=10312&endYear=2016&modelCode1=ACCORD&showcaseOwnerId=68817&startYear=1981&makeCode1=HONDA&firstRecord=26&searchRadius=75&maxPrice=24000&showcaseListingId=383108356&mmt=[HONDA[ACCORD[]][]]&listingId=395752931&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=10312&endYear=2016&modelCode1=ACCORD&showcaseOwnerId=68817&startYear=1981&makeCode1=HONDA&firstRecord=51&searchRadius=100&maxPrice=24000&showcaseListingId=383108356&mmt=[HONDA[ACCORD[]][]]&listingId=394019905&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=10312&endYear=2016&modelCode1=ACCORD&showcaseOwnerId=68817&startYear=1981&makeCode1=HONDA&firstRecord=101&searchRadius=100&maxPrice=24000&showcaseListingId=383108356&mmt=[HONDA[ACCORD[]][]]&listingId=390251548&Log=0

Above Ex is priced to sell at $20,900. I would low ball at 19,500. buy at 20k maybe 20.5k

Scroll thru Autotrader you will find 2013 and 2014 models. There are more exl models than ex models. Make offers on all that you like. If you could get dealers to come down 1500 to 2000 off a low mile 2013 or 14 Accord you have done well.

edited March 2015
    bullandre

Buying a 2015 EX, Accord in NYC area will cost you $23,400 ( 1k below invoice ) plus Taxes, Tags, Dmv charges

2013 EX under 7k miles. This vehicles could be a steal for 18.5k. listed at 19.9k. ( buy this vehicle and you will save 6 to 7k and have a practically new vehicle with under 7k miles same features as a 15 model. )

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=10312&endYear=2016&modelCode1=ACCORD&showcaseOwnerId=68817&startYear=1981&makeCode1=HONDA&firstRecord=151&searchRadius=100&maxPrice=24000&showcaseListingId=383108356&mmt=[HONDA[ACCORD[]][]]&listingId=344030239&Log=0

• tuningcattuningcat Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking to get a used 2013 or 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with Navigation. All the ones I've seen have approximately 20k miles on them. My question is what's a good price for one in Northern California?
  • tuningcattuningcat Member Posts: 10
    @brian125 I sent you a PM by the way about my situation and what your thoughts are. Might now consider getting a new 2014 model since prices seem to be almost the same for a used 2013/14 model.
    edited March 2015
    tuningcat,

A left over new 2014 model is still considered a one year old vehicle. If your new 2014 model is stolen or totaled in a accident will the money you spent on the savings buying a 2014 model be enough to recoup the depreciation costs . Your Ins. co. will take your deductible 500 or 1000 right off the top of that check there sending out to you. keep this in mind. We are now almost 4 months into 2015.

If I was buying a new 2014 Accord I would want 3000 plus dollars below the original dealers invoice price for that year. At 3k below dealers invoice price it should off set the depreciation cost of a 1 year 4 month old Accord.

You live in CA. pricing is good on 2015Accords . you should fall into the 1500 to 2000 below invoice range on a 2015. If your on a budget 20k................ a 2013 model is your best option. 2013 coupes with over 30k miles avoid.

2013 exl coupes are listed for 23 and 24k. You should be able to buy one for (21 to 22k ) with under 25k miles.

Try these web sites for used car pricing. Edmunds, KBB.com, Nada.com. This will give you a ideal of what pricing should be around. Put the model and year of vehicle you want to buy.

Check Hondas in your area thru Autotrader.com

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/Coupe/Honda/Accord/San+Francisco+CA-94102?endY

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited March 2015
    Current incentives on the 2015 Accord:

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2015/car-incentives.html

0.9% financing for 36 months, plus $1000 factory to dealer incentives for EX models and up.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43
    Its been a few months since I have checked these forums but I am now back in the market for a new Accord. Always good information on here. On the topic of getting a 2014, I will add that technology today in cars is rapidly improving. That will have an impact on future resale values.

For example, my 2008 Odyssey doesn't have a screen in it. Today most cars have screens in them. I think that type of advancement will continue in cars. I think the 2016 Accords will have improved screens in them as car electronics are now moving towards second generation interfaces. The current gen accord with its touchscreen and dual interface seemed to be far advanced when it first came out. Now the touchscreen seems to be low resolution, something that will most likely improve with 2016s.

Obviously there will always be advances each year, but differences today are much more then they were 10 years ago.
    Benjaminh
    Thanks for reminding us about the current 
    rebate.
    with the 1000 factory rebate and @brian125 advise shouldn't we be trying 
    for $3,000 back of invoice???
    forum members please respond with your
    thoughts. 
    edited March 2015
    Dealer cash of 1000 goes to the dealer not the buyer. Dealers can use that 1k to there discretion. The 1k dealer cash will help you get to the higher end of your area's Target price. Maybe a few hundred over that.

CA. Accord buyers could very well get 2k or more below if they get many dealerships involved and buy the last 2 days, last day of this month.

3k below invoice in March will not happen on any 2015 models. At that price dealers would be taking a big loss on there product. Why would they.

edited March 2015
    As we bargain for a good price with Brian's expert help, here's something else to keep in mind...

Using Edmunds 5 year cost to own feature, which takes into account depreciation, maintenance, mpg, etc., etc., the Accord is projected to be lower in cost in the long run than Altima, Sonata, and Fusion:

http://automobiles.honda.com/shop/cost-to-own/?ModelName=cr-v

5-Year Cost to Own®[2]
    Honda Accord
    LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
    $39,672
    Ford Fusion
    S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
    $39,958
    Hyundai Sonata
    GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
    $40,252
    Nissan Altima
    2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
    $40,935
  • ocbuyer1ocbuyer1 Member Posts: 12
    I was in market to buy a 2015 Accord Sport in Southern California. After contacting many dealers and spending a lot of precious time best quote I got was $21,975 plus about $475 worth of add ons and tax-license. However Downey Honda told me that they couldn't beat that price but offered the 2015 EX my color of choice for $22,600. Ended up buying the EX for $22,111 plus tax-license, the salesperson throw-in the wheel lucks to sweeten the deal even more. My overall experience dealing with Tony Nguyen was great, he was honest, respectful and upfront. Hope this helps other members in market to buy a Honda in So Cal.
    edited March 2015
    ocbuyer1: Wow! Great deal. Is that an manual or CVT? Anyway, about $4k off of list, which seems very good.++ Imho the EX is overall an even nicer car than the Sport, because of the moonroof, pushbutton start/smart entry, Lanewatch side camera, upgraded stereo, etc.
    benjaminh, sorry it is a CVT.
    edited March 2015
    You did really well imho. If I'm looking at the figures right the msrp of that model is $26,650, which means you got $4500 off of the list price. Your work paid off. Were you able to get the Honda financing with that? Or did you have your own financing/pay cash?
    Thanks for the advice and links brian
    edited March 2015
    benjaminh said:

You did really well imho. If I'm looking at the figures right the msrp of that model is $26,650, which means you got $4500 off of the list price. Your work paid off. Were you able to get the Honda financing with that? Or did you have your own financing/pay cash?

You are right MSRP was at $26,600. I did partial cash down payment and the rest financed at 0.9% for 36 months.
    edited March 2015
    Pretty sweet: 0.9 plus 4.5k off of msrp....What color?

The Accord Sport has great wheels and tires (235/45/R18), I think Michelin Primacy or a Goodyear tire, but new set of Michelin Primacy tires will set you back c. $1000 even before installation iirc. They are pretty expensive tires. Pretty cool as oem tires, but pricey to replace.

The tires on the EX/EXL Accords are pretty nice too. They are 215/55R17, and we got Goodyear Assurance tires on our 2013 Accord EXL, which I like pretty well. I like Michelin tires maybe a little better, which is what I got as replacement tires on my 2008 Accord EXL, but the Goodyears are very good oem tires too imho.
  • speedyajspeedyaj Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    The Civic forum is pretty dead so I'm posting my question here.

I got an offer for an Civic EX for $20,980 OTD. I then decided that I wanted the EX-L and the manger told my salesman to add $1500 to the price making it I believe $22,480. I didn't see the new breakdown because we were past closing hours and everyone had about went home. I'm supposed to go back Monday afternoon to finalize everything, Am I getting a good deal?

I believe the price for the EX was $19,539. $20,980 OTD
    EX-L should be around $22,500 OTD

These include $500 grad program deal. I think I made a mistake negotiating on the EX instead of the EX-L and getting the $500 grad money factored in instead of a bonus after? I see the Civic has $900 dealer cash, and I don't know how that is factored in if at all.

In Western NY.
    OTD doesn't help much, because sales taxes differ from state to state. What we need to try to help is the price before TTL.

But invoice on a Civic EXL seems to be 22,252. And so if you can do a thousand better than that before ttl you're probably doing ok. If you qualify for the grad program, then maybe $1500 below invoice should be a rough guide. If you want it, you should be able to get the Honda financing for 0.9.
    benjaminh said:

OTD doesn't help much, because sales taxes differ from state to state. What we need to try to help is the price before TTL.

I agree with this, but I think also getting an approximate OTD for each area helps a lot, at least it did for me. Knowing a target OTD means I'm not going to get suckered into ridiculous fees which would then offset any savings I negotiated into the selling price. Having people post where they made the purchase and the breakdown of fees helped a lot.

edited March 2015
    speedyaj said:

The Civic forum is pretty dead so I'm posting my question here.

I got an offer for an Civic EX for $20,980 OTD. I then decided that I wanted the EX-L and the manger told my salesman to add $1500 to the price making it I believe $22,480. I didn't see the new breakdown because we were past closing hours and everyone had about went home. I'm supposed to go back Monday afternoon to finalize everything, Am I getting a good deal?

I believe the price for the EX was $19,539. $20,980 OTD
    EX-L should be around $22,500 OTD

These include $500 grad program deal. I think I made a mistake negotiating on the EX instead of the EX-L and getting the $500 grad money factored in instead of a bonus after? I see the Civic has $900 dealer cash, and I don't know how that is factored in if at all.

In Western NY.

Let me help you with the breakdown and sale of a 2015 Civic exl model. The 900 dealer cash plus $500 College grad I will apply to your sale................ plus another 500 below that number.

Invoice price exl model ......................................................$21,220
    dest charge...........................................................................+ 820

Total ....................................................................................$22,040

Minus your offer to buy.........................................................- 1900

Your target price to buy a Civic EXL model........................$20,140....

.Excludes taxes (8.875%). Tages , Dmv, Doc fee charge. This rounds out your OTD pricing. NY also has a 10 dollar tire disposal fee on bill of sale.

If your quote stands true your 200 dollars off my offer to buy. Tell dealership above offer wraps up the deal for your Civic . Unless you want to try for lower pricing which may be possible buying at the very end of this month getting more dealerships involved.

good luck.

• nat789nat789 Member Posts: 2
    Will there be better dealer incentives on 4/13 or later in the year or is this a good time to buy?
    In the market for a 2015 Accord LX CVT.