Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW X6 M Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in BMW
image2015 BMW X6 M Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds tests the redesigned 2015 BMW X6 M. A new body, more power and improved handling make this (now) five-seat high-performance SUV even more alluring.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I know the X6 sells well world wide (not just in the USA) but for the life of me I can't figure out why. To my eyes these are some of the ugliest vehicles on the road. If you want an SUV, why not the X5 which is better in that role? If you want a "4 door coupe" then why not a 6 series gran coupe?
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Not quite sure how I feel about the X-6, but whew, that blue color is just beautiful.
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    Most buyers of X5 and X6 M's own these cars for the sheer enjoyment of embarrassing everything else out there! I knew a guy with a last gen X5 M and that was his thing. Beating down EVERYTHING that dared to take him on. Pretty funny, really, but what else do you do with a barn-burnin' SAV that goes thru $2500 worth of tires every 10000-15000 miles. If your lucky to get that much. :)
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I find the X6 a ridiculous car. I couldn't care less about "taking on" cars on the road.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    edited March 2015
    Silliest car currently sold in the US.

Heavy, thirsty, bad ride, little utility... at least its expensive and a sure fire way to be recognized as a faux driving enthusiast, Kardashian obsessed, goofball from a mile away.
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    Skip. I'll take an M5 touring. The wacky thing is that people in general think the touring is ugly and that this performance SUV is beautiful. I'll never understand that...
  • DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    This is a "I have an M3 for DD but want something fast and big and weird-looking for the weekends" kind of car, and much less of a "Can't decide if I want the M5/M6/something-else-less-ridiculous instead" kind of a car.
  • gus_zgus_z Member Posts: 1
    Had the opportunity to lease the previous X5M a few years ago as one showed up at my local dealer and I had always wanted one. While it was like driving a giant video game, turning the heads up display on at night was about as close to flying a jet without a license. It's also an amazing way to watch $50 in gas disappear with minimal effort. After the initial entertainment factor wore off (quickly) I knew running an errand was going to be $50 bucks just to start it up. You really cannot put anything in it as you may damage the really nice leather, so it's not even much of an SAV. Add to the fact that every idiot with a tin can muffler on their Honda or Subaru rides your bumper and wants to race you on the highway or tries to cut you off it gets a lot of unwanted attention that grows tiresome.

I was able to offload it for something else and the only thing I can compare it to was kind of like dating a stripper. Got lots of attention, cost a lot of money but there really wasn't a lot there once you added up what it cost to have.
  • aas5aas5 Member Posts: 50
    you guys are all clearly missing the point and have never driven an X6M. go test drive it first and then comment. You will be pleasantly surprised. I've owned both an X6 5.0 and an X6M and can tell you it handles better than most cars out there and provides plenty of space.