Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Volvo XC90 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Volvo
image2016 Volvo XC90 Road Test | Edmunds.com

The fully redesigned 2016 Volvo XC90 returns with all-new style and multiple powertrains including a hybrid model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Wow...this thing looks amazing on all fronts. All of the new gadgetry is impressive...classy without being gawdy. Way to go Volvo!
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I like the interior, the exterior is rather bland. I hope the eventual sedan and wagon are a little closer to the 2 door wagon concept.
  • Options
    quidycatquidycat Member Posts: 12
    a good soccer mom suv. too feminine for guys
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I kind of agree that the exterior looks a little bland (although that might be partially due to how fantastic the interior looks), but it's pretty much the classic understated Scandinavian design that Volvo has always done so well. I think they'll do really well with this new XC90. I know a lot of people who loved the old model, especially because they prioritized safety and made it a very family-friendly vehicle. It's nice to see that Volvo really stepped up the luxury quotient with this new model.
  • Options
    meteor10meteor10 Member Posts: 59
    too family and low horse power suv... never will buy such a car.
  • Options
    hdluffyhdluffy Member Posts: 12
    super charged and turbo 4 is not a reliable idea. I'd get one if they had a v6.
  • Options
    sagrawalsagrawal Member Posts: 2
    How does XC90 fare in comparison to BMW X5?
  • Options
    kirkaiyakirkaiya Member Posts: 1
    This update looks really great, especially the interior. And I definitely like the use of the supercharger + turbocharger to increase the power while giving great (for its class) gas mileage. Given the new, higher price, I also wonder how it fares in a direct comparison to the BMW X5? It seemed odd to me that Edmunds lists the Benz GL as a possible competitor but not the X5.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    An SUV that does not cope well with rough roads?!
  • Options
    pwalterpwalter Member Posts: 2
    quidycat said:

a good soccer mom suv. too feminine for guys

Really - too feminine? Whatever. It's classically styled. Understated. Just like much of Sweden. Go buy your gawdy - over masculine corvette. We all know men who drive those are compensating for something.
  • Options
    beechtigerbeechtiger Member Posts: 3
    I have had MB GL450 for six years and found it is the only SUV with plenty of space for 3rd row seating and has a good acceleration. I would skip Volvo XC 90 due to slow acceleration and limited space in 3rd row.