Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007-'08 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX Recalled for Fire Risk | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in General
image2007-'08 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX Recalled for Fire Risk | Edmunds.com

Ford is recalling 204,448 2007-'08 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossover vehicles in North America to correct a problem that may lead to a fire risk.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• shadownosshadownos Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Edge was checked for leaks 2 weeks ago and dealership said "no leaks at this time" low and behold guess what is leaking now. Have a gasoline puddle eating away my driveway this morning. Off to the dealership I go with my leaky Edge.
  • shadownosshadownos Member Posts: 2
    Here's the update!! Ford Canada will have no parts to repair or replace my leaky gas tank for 6 months!!! They are paying for a rental vehicle until my Edge is fixed. How ridiculous is that! It would be fine but the Edge is the vehicle my 16 year old drives. Now I have a rental that he can't drive. This story isn't over!!
  • brandi200brandi200 Member Posts: 1
    I am also one of the poor souls that is having this issue. My Edge has been sitting on the lot for the last 5 months rotting away while Im still making payments on it while it depreciates. With the estimated time line, I have another 4 months for a total of 9 months my car has sat outside in severe weather. Ford has taught me a very valuable lesson, DO NOT BUY DOMESTIC! THANK YOU FORD.