Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top 102 Movie Cars of All Time | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in General
imageTop 102 Movie Cars of All Time | Edmunds.com

Our latest list of the top 102 movie cars of all time includes some legends and some cars you may not have even heard of.

Read the full story here

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    edited March 2015
    In the pictures, you have the 1977 Lotus Esprit as the 3rd greatest movie car, but it's the 2nd, or did I miss something?

Oh, and pretty inclusive list, but not sure I agree with the order. Some of those deep in the field should be higher up. I think some missed/other notables were from Hollywood Knights (the GTO, Cobra, Newbaum's Pie Wagon, and the rail job), some from that made-for-TV Robert Culp movie with the GTO (I think) and '57 Nomad, Robert Blake's Corky's Barracuda (also used in the Diehard commercial), the car from The Car, the Phantasm Cuda, the Camaro from Eat My Dust, etc..
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2015
    The California Kid, arguably one of the most influential street rods ever is #50 and a bone stock 2014 Challenger 392 is #10? That car doesn't even belong on the list. Where is the Car from the movie of the same name, or Dennis Weaver's car from Duel, or the Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor from The Wraith, or Rockford's Firebird??
  • amoparmanamoparman Member Posts: 1
    One omission I can see. No Pontaic Trans Am a.ka. Knight Rider K.I.T.T.
  • jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    DeLorean #60? It's probably the most famous movie car ever! I mean, Goldfinger's DB5 was great and all, but damn, #60 for Back to the Future seems really low. Top 5 easy.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    I see that Lightning McQueen made the list, but what about the Pizza Planet Toyota Truck from Toy Story? It did some stunt driving, and it's made appearances in every Pixar film (except the Incredibles) Or the gussied up Ford Explorers from Jurassic Park? They were in some pretty iconic scenes.
  • bengal3200bengal3200 Member Posts: 2
    I would have liked to see the 1955 Ford F100 from the Expendables. That was pretty awesome! It seemed like just an ordinary truck until some bad guys shoot at Stallone and Li. Then we see upgraded wheels and tires and even bullet proof glass.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    75) Can't be an '84 911 SC, because the last year for the SC was 1983. Since the movie was released in 1984, I'll guess it's an '83

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jaycarguyjaycarguy Member Posts: 1
    How could you not include the PONTIACS used in the 7UPS or the various cars used in LIVE AND LET DIE? Or Sam Raimi's 1973 OLDSMOBILE that was featured in more movies than any car: http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2013/04/09/the-classic-sam-raimi-and-the-1973-oldsmobile-delta-88/