Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Price on 2016 Mazda CX-5

glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
edited March 2015 in Mazda
currently between CX 5 & CRV. Have had a CRV, great car & super maint. free, but the CRV excited us more (Sporty drive feel).
Seems like dealer's here only discounting CX 5 's by $1000 at most-off MSRP. even on the Grand Touring model . I was hoping for at least $2k off or so. Am I off?
what have you all been getting?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'm seeing about $700 off MSRP for a Grand Touring AWD in NJ when I get True Market Value.

My guess is that Mazda is playing "games" with the invoice - there's only an $839 spread between invoice and MSRP on that model, so where's the dealer profit? Likely buried in spiffs, bonuses and other dealer incentives that we don't know about. Plus good old holdback ( 1% of the Base MSRP ).

May as well check out a Price Promise number - might get you a little closer, might not.
  • Options
    glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    hey, I meant the CX 5 excites us more than a new CRV and feels way sportier---- my bad.
    Ya, not used to buying a car where the invoice vs. MSRP is so tight, so agree there must be variable incentive monies that are here and there, making it a bit difficult on me.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Funny, I read it the way you "meant" it the first time. We tested a CR-V and a CX-5 just about a year ago. Slung my wife around pretty good in a roundabout in the CX-5. Definitely sporty. B)

End of the month is typically a good time to buy (not to mention this is the end of the first quarter too).

You may want to try an email to the dealers who seem the most willing to deal, and tell them you are ready to buy today from the dealer that offers you the best deal.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,186
    glenski01 said:

hey, I meant the CX 5 excites us more than a new CRV and feels way sportier---- my bad.
    Ya, not used to buying a car where the invoice vs. MSRP is so tight, so agree there must be variable incentive monies that are here and there, making it a bit difficult on me.

Yeah.. no one thought you meant that the CR-V was sporty.. :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sl517sl517 Member Posts: 19
    Would anyone know what is considered a good price for 2016 AWD Touring? Truecar and TMV has the car listed not too far off from MSRP. Are there any dealership selling it at Invoice or lower? thanks
  • Options
    johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    I was offered one 2016 AWD Touring for $25,0000. Waiting for it to arrive.