Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Towing Impressions - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Ford
imageTowing Impressions - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a long-term test of a 2015 Ford F-150 and finds that it is very capable and comfortable when towing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    I just hauled a 1967 VW Bug on a U-Haul double axle trailer from sea level to 5k feet, mine has the 3.5, that said I used maybe 20% of it's capability and the drive was a breeze. All while achieving 15mpg.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    i think the poor gas milage will see the fall of the 2.7 turbo. i can see it doing great as like a base engine for an expedition or maybe another engine option for the full size transit but i'll take the 5.0 v8 if it gets the same gas mileage. if i lived in colorado i could see the 2.7 turbo being usefull but other than that i am not so thrilled at 300 horsepower and only 15 mpg.
  • wrhikerbbwrhikerbb Member Posts: 4
    Wow, finally a post on the truck in motion and doing work! Thanks
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    325 hp, not 300 (although it's really more than 325...), and that's 15.1 mpg TOWING. Have to see how it's going to do once it gets broken in, but just want to ensure we're talking apples and apples.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    How is 15mpg towing bad? IIRC the Dodge averaged about 17 bringing the rally Subaru back to Cali. 15 seems perfectly reasonable given the circumstance.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    If you want to watch some fun towing videos, search on 'ike tunnel towing'
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert