Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buzz coming from engine....

race9zrace9z Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Honda
Hello! I bought a 2005 Accord Hybrid with 92k on it almost 3 months ago. 4 days in, I hear a noise coming from under the hood. Sounded like when you were a kid and put playing cards in your bike spokes. Kinda of a buzzing, werrr sound. Also transmission lights started in indicate a problem. The dealer thankfully took the car back and had a new transmission put in.
I still hear the sound. It pretty much only occurs on the first cold start of the day. Very rarely does it not make that sound. When I open the hood and put my hand on the engine, I can feel it coming from the top of the engine.
The dealership mechanic says it should sound that way bc it's a hybrid, special engine, yaddy yah....
Anyone else experience this or know if it's an actual problem? The noise is gone after the initial start up and it gets a little warm

Comments

• Options
    race9zrace9z Member Posts: 2
    This noise goes away after the initial start of the day
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Hard to say from this distance with with so little information---if I were in your shoes, I think I'd try to find aother '05 to compare it to. If it's a "hum" I wouldn't be too worried but if it's a rhythmic clicking I'd pay more attention to it.