Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Cadillac CT6 (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Cadillac
image2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Cadillac CT6 (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is an all-new flagship sedan that is aiming to top the finest German sedans when it comes to agility, luxury and technology.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I admire Cadillac for daring to compete with juggernauts like the A8, S-Class, and 7-Series. The CT6 looks like an impressive car. I hope that the arrival of the CT6 means the end of the XTS. I never really liked the oddly proportioned, front-wheel-drive based XTS. Go Cadillac!
  • Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    If Cadillac wants to compete with the S Class and 7 series, they better have twin turbo V8s and V12s as optional powertrains.
  • Options
    mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    Does not look like a lot of legroom in the back for a big car. $60k for a wimpy 4cyl. in a big Caddy is a stretch as well.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Again, like the new Malibu, this looks pretty good. But, comparing it to the Panamera (for almost 2x the price) doesn't seem right.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I agree, a turbo 4 option is a misfit on this car. You can't play in the fullsize luxury-sport segment with 265hp today.

Also, is it just me or would the front end look better without so much bright work around the corners? Cars in this segment do better attracting sophisticated, affluent buyers with understated elegance, not over-the-top bling.
  • Options
    meteor10meteor10 Member Posts: 59
    really elegant design. seems like a comeback of cadillac, kind of)
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Looks very sweet.
  • Options
    phantogramphantogram Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2015
    That interior is piss poor. Is that supposed to be a leather-wrapped steering wheel? Looks like it came straight out of a mid-trim Malibu.
    WreckEmTech
  • Options
    awddreaminawddreamin Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2015
    The only CT6's you will ever see will be Livery vehciles.
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I think it's interesting how they appeared to put a conservative six window greenhouse on the rest of the Art & Science body, yet it came out decent. If you go back to the heydays of Cadillac prestige back in the 50's and 60's, top line Cadillac's were usually 6 window greenhouses, even the 4dr HT models. I think the only thing that may hold it back is how realistic the pricing comes in. Caddy and Lincoln have sometimes been a bit aggressive on the high side given their current underdog prestige position versus the Germans.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    IMO, a 4cyl option even existing on this means it'll be hard pressed to compete in the real world with the big boys of the luxobarge game. But, MSRP will be meaningless, so it could easily be a more stylish alternative to an Equus or K9.
  • Options
    kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    Looks like all the other Cadillac's thought this was going to be a way car. No V8 is a mistake
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    Looks decent enough, but not having a V8 will probably turn off a lot of buyers. I'd think that the CT6 will probably appeal most to those that would have preferred buying an American luxury sedan in the past, but chose a Lexus, BMW, etc. because the current offerings just weren't good enough. It may not truly compete on the same level as traditional luxo-sedans, but it looks like a decent enough alternative. The real story will be how the interior stacks up in terms of build and materials quality. That's one area in this segment that's extremely important to a lot of buyers.
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I think if Turbo's gain market acceptance, then the V8 may not be an issue. Ford seems to be doing alright with it in it's trucks even thought the fuel economy difference may not be as great as originally envisioned. But then as they say in math class that's an IFF (if and only if).
  • Options
    cbrandicbrandi Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2015
    This is a very handsome car, I wouldn't be ashamed to drive this or the new Lincoln also revealed at this show. Cadillac did a great job designing something that is handsome and unique. I'm impressed that they will offer a 400hp 3 liter V6. Not unlike the Maserati motor.
  • Options
    patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40
    I just think that maybe if the current CTS were never introduced, this would have looked stunning because it really only looks like a larger CTS which got super positive reactions when it was first introduced itself. GM warned everyone that it wasn't going to be as radical as everyone was predicting. This is proper replacement for the void of a true rear-drive big sedan that hasn't been filled since the days of rear-drive Devilles and 70s/80s Fleetwoods. Not the 90s Fleetwood which was horrid mess.
  • Options
    bobbrown1bobbrown1 Member Posts: 22
    For several years, the American's have not had a truly competitive world class luxury car. The Germans have long ago left them in the dust, and then Lexus did likewise. When even upstart Hyundai passed them with their Genesis and Equus, that must have been the wakeup call.
    While this CT-6 looks promising, I agree that it is a good start, but falls somewhat short of the top German offerings. I agree that it "should have had a V-8"....
    I also think that they should have made it as long or longer than the S-550 benchmark. Perhaps they will, as Cadillacs's new president has alluded to in his remarks regarding their next new entry.
    And it bother's me that Cadillac thinks they must emulate the alpahnumeric trend in naming cars. Apparently their marketing guru's think that is the only way to get younger buyer's to not think they are buying their 'grandfather's Caddy. Personally, I would love it if Cadillac would pay homage to their past glory, and bestow the name Fleetwood on their new flagship car.... It looks like Lincoln may buck the trend with their new Continental.....
  • Options
    quickster7quickster7 Member Posts: 4
    Why is this company Cadillac will do almost everything right and one bonehead move. Example, ATS with a normally aspirated 4 cylinder engine and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Solution, 8 speed automatic, turbocharge 4 cylinder and a six cylinder. Second, CTS, a turbocharged 4 cylinder. The car is too heavy. Solution 8 speed automatic a six cylinder and a twin turbo six which should be priced around 60 to 65 grand for the turbo. This new chairman or CEO will bankrupt this company and seems clueless of what needs to be done. Introducing all kinds of new models and nobody's buying them. He said it will take five years for the consumer to notice what Cadillac is doing. The company will be bankrupt by then. The first thing they need to repair is their image and offer longer warranty and on the power train. I'd say 7 years 72 thousand miles bumper to bumper warranty and two year free maintenance. The power train should 168,000 miles and a 14 years warranty. It should ease the fear for new consumer in buying a Cadillac.