Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Honda Civic Concept (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Honda
image2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Honda Civic Concept (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Honda Civic concept is an early look at the redesigned 2016 Honda Civic sedan that will go on sale this fall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    Looks like Honda is now following Hyundai's lead. At least they woke up...
  • skyrocket1983skyrocket1983 Member Posts: 1
    I agree with macros in the fact that I'm so happy as a fan of Honda that they're stepping up their game
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    This looks good, like a Accord Coupe, Jr.
  • mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2015
    A possible return to the fun to drive Honda days.
    I am going to have to drive a manual Rtype when they came out. An Integra was my first new car I ever bought so this should be similar in some ways.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    For those Civic buyers in the past few years that like to have the latest and greatest, Honda must be driving them crazy with the initial release of current gen; then mid-cycle refresh; and now this.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Nice that Honda's offering some sporty entries, but why is every auto designer on Earth infatuated with smaller slit-like windows, + sized wheels and the lowest profile tires possible? What kind of roads are these vehicles designed to drive on?
  • vrooomf1vrooomf1 Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2015
    Honda is slowly pulling its head out of its a... Back to Formula 1 and more modern, sporty... design. New engines.
    Anyway like many sports car enthusiasts I am only interested in the TypeR which might hit the market last. By the time it comes out I will be so cozy with my 2015 WRX I might not consider a switch anymore...
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    "...and for the first time ever in the U.S., a five-door hatchback will follow the coupe."

Technically true, but that original Civic Wagon from the early 70's was a 4-door hatchback by today's standards.
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    It's about time that they stepped up! They've been playing it comewhere between safe (exterior styling, engineering) and strange (interior styling) for too many years now. The first Honda that I ever drove was a '78 Accord 5 speed. That car was a blast on the back roads! I've had Integras, Civics and currently drive a TSX whose lease is up this coming March. I'm looking to purchase my next car, was leaning towards an affordable, but fun to drive coupe and hopefully this will fit the bill. If not, it's likely gonna be another Mazda (3s Grand Touring. I had an '03 6s before the TSX. My son has it now and it was and still is a great driving car!) sitting in my garage.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    This really looks promising. Hopefully Honda can stay somewhat faithful to the concept design and come up with something exciting and worthwhile. Maybe now we'll finally be able to get a Civic with some HID or LED headlights.
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    I saw this car at the NY IAS. It is simply stunning in person. The best effort by honda in a LONG TIME!!! If this car is 90% of the production model and it drives anywhere as good as it looks, then Honda most certainly has a winner here! I currently lease a TSX, it is up in March and I'm looking to purchase my next car and keep it for about ten years. It is looking like it will come down to either the new Civic, or a Mazda 3s Grand Touring. :)