Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Lexus RX (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Lexus
image2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Lexus RX (FAQ) | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid are complete redesigns. They are bigger, more powerful and offer more features than before. Of particular note is the new Adaptive Variable Suspension and Lexus Safety System+.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    meteor10meteor10 Member Posts: 59
    really cheap and cool car) value for money, as we say)
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    The grill styling looks like an April Fool's Day joke.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    All of that nanny tech will come in handy by the typically oblivious drivers of these things.

Front end looks like a cow-catcher, with huge front overhang - get ready for scraped and dented bumpers. And another example of 25 feet of styling in a 15 foot long vehicle.
  • Options
    gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    This has to be an April Fools Joke. Aztek ugly....
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Seems like Toyota is on an uglification mission in their styling studios. Didn't they move them over here a few years back to take advantage of some California studios? I think they may have gotten double-crossed :'(
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Not ONE GOOD LINE ON IT! What a disappointment, the last one was inoffensive, not this one.
  • Options
    piredonpiredon Member Posts: 50
    Might this offend the, ahem, mature women who actually buy these things? Gets more fugly with each iteration.
  • Options
    jbrown08jbrown08 Member Posts: 15
    I like it, all the people who don't, your mom will be driving one home and you will be just as excited as they are lol!
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I think this will turn off a lot of current/past RX owners. The RX was never an exciting looking car, but it didn't look ugly. This new one is just way too busy.
  • Options
    techguy7techguy7 Member Posts: 1
    Love the futuristic looks! Lexus finally made the RX more masculine, so I can finally buy it. I am also happy that this SUV is finally in par with Acura RDX or MDX when it comes to technology.
  • Options
    quickster7quickster7 Member Posts: 4
    I'm waiting for it to morph into Star Scream . It definitely looks like one of the Transformer.
  • Options
    lex888lex888 Member Posts: 1
    This grille together with the 2016 Avalon's are the ugliest ones I've ever seen. I've been waiting to buy a 2016 RX but this is a huge disappointment! My first thought was that Toyota must really hate its buyers but then I realized that Toyota is just too cheap to pay for good design engineers!
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I think sometimes big corporations overreact to criticism. Toyota is often flailed for having boring cars. Instead of focusing on their huge sales success, some exec's decide to fight the criticism and this is what happens. Seen it before in many large companies. Leadership has to sometimes realize that when you are big and successful, someone is always going to be trying to crap on you, but you don't have to do it to yourself.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    It also shows the lack of connection to the real world had by many soulless suits who are mysteriously able to obtain leadership/executive positions. So full of their own hubris, they think they are going a good job. Unfortunately, most buyers are idiots and plenty will admire the "bold" design, so the money will continue to roll in.
  • Options
    ggustaggusta Member Posts: 3
    Prius is supposed to (finally) be moving to li-ion batts, will the rest of the toyo-lex hybrids for 2016 also be li-ion ? This rx450h makes a compelling argument for the nx300h or just wait for the 2016 hybrid rav4. I realize styling is not why people buy them, but seriously....
  • Options
    sdiegosdiego Member Posts: 19
    Not sure why so many are surprised by the design. The spindle grille has been the face of so many Lexus vehicles.