Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CR-V Braking issues (2007)

hockeyguy6hockeyguy6 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Honda
Not sure what is up with my brakes...pads are good but pedal goes to floor and then pumped to get them to grab properly. Took off master cylinder cap and pumped them....no air in lines to my knowledge and fluid level is good.

Any idea where I start to repair them?

Answers

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    You should seek out an experienced hand with this. While some repairs can be performed with little more than natural talent others have significant traps that are only learned with experience. When a brake system needs the pedal to be pumped to get pressure air is the first and most common suspect but certainly not the only one. Excessive fluid travel indicating a clearance or adjustment issue is possible, and from there you get into assembly issues. Until this is tested correctly a problem with the master cylinder is in play and if you have ABS a problem with one of the valves could be bleeding pressure into one of the accumulators.
  • hockeyguy6hockeyguy6 Member Posts: 2
    Understood thecardoc3.....thank you!
  • bhuggy1bhuggy1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 CR-V purchased new and just turned 21,000 miles. The front brakes are pulsating of course when braking and I am told the rotors need turned and this is typical!
    Never had this happen with any other vehicle I've owned! Anyone have this issue? It is not a warranty covered issue!