Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 MDX Transmission issues (Flashing D)

2008mdx2008mdx Member Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Acura
.........PLEASE HELP!!!! (we have small kids, with only the one car :-(

So, yesterday, the engine light comes on out of the blue.....Car won't shift to 4th. It does shift down to 2 and 1, as well as reverse. D is flashing. Car has 67k miles.

Did some research online and found others with the same problem. they all suggested that the 4th Gear Pressure Switch needs to be changed. The problem is that i can't find the parts ANYWHERE! I've checked several major MDX part stores online and around us.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well don't pull the trigger too fast on that. The trouble code should be extracted from the car's TCM first to see what it indicates. One we have a code we might be able to find a Technical Service Bulletin or something from Acura about it. The flashing light means the car wants you to read the code.
  • 2008mdx2008mdx Member Posts: 3

Well don't pull the trigger too fast on that. The trouble code should be extracted from the car's TCM first to see what it indicates. One we have a code we might be able to find a Technical Service Bulletin or something from Acura about it. The flashing light means the car wants you to read the code.

Thank you.
    Is there any way i can read the code myself or do i need to take it to a shop?
    if so, how, please?
  • 2008mdx2008mdx Member Posts: 3
    The error code is: Transmission System: P0842
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A TV reporter is looking for a family with a car in need of repairs, but is holding off because the estimates (preferably $1,000 or more) are too high and/or they can’t afford to pay for the repairs at this time. The reporter will work with Edmunds to evaluate the estimate and help the family find ways to bring down the cost of the repairs. If you'd like to participate, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Friday, May 29, 2015.