Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Thinking about Purchasing a 2015 C300-4matic

07sportv807sportv8 Member Posts: 12
edited January 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
I am looking to purchase a new vehicle in spring and am strongly considering a C300 4matic. I have never owned a MB and do not know how they negotiate. I qualify for a Fleet Discount and/or True Car pricing through my company. Besides that, does anyone have any advise or information about how much the dealerships will deal on price? What is realistic to get off of MSRP?

Any information is helpful.
Thank you.

Answers

• carandetccarandetc Member Posts: 22
    look at the incentives in your local area,
    do you need the 4matic AWD?
  • 07sportv807sportv8 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Carandetc,
    I looked on True Car and was able to see some incentives for AAA, Allstate etc. I did not see anything from Mercedes. I was also able to see average price paid, which was about 2K below MSRP. True car price was below Invoice. I will keep searching..
    As for the all wheel drive, I live in Wisconsin and my wife will be driving the vehicle, so 4matic is a must!
  • lpg13lpg13 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the C300 AWD the end of Dec. At that time there was a $2,000 dealer rebate and they discounted in an additional $4,000 for a total of over $6,000 under MSRP. I was surprised. Only have about 1500 miles on it and both my wife and I are very happy with the car. Replaced a Lexus IS250.
    LPG13
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    My friend got about the same $4000 off MSRP. There was no rebate available though on the 2015.
    That is great info! When i was at the dealer in Jan 2015 there was roughly a $2k incentive too. I am glad to hear they are still dealing beyond that, $4k additional is pretty good! Did anyone purchase the 4 year Maintenance package? It sounds like a good deal. A point of concer for me is still the overall cost to maintain this vehicle. I currently have 2005 TL and oil changes are about $40. Compared to the ~$140 they told me it would be. Of course that is included in the service agreement. Still a hard pill to swallow. I tend to keep my vehicles for about 10 years. I will be attending the auto show the end of Feb and in Spring finally test drive. How does the arm room seem compared to other vehicles? I sat in it with a winter coat on, so i was bulked up a bit and I was concerned it was a little tight... My wife will be the primary driver but I need to be comfortabel too! Thanks again for the info!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    07sportv8,

If you are a tall guy the C class may tight. You need to sit in one again and test drive it. I had a C-Class in the past and by myself in the car it was okay. When I went out with the family, it was not comfortable as back seat was tight, hence I had to move my seat forward. I was not comfortable.
    Follow up. After test driving several cars, Lexus ES and GS, TLX and looking at other vehicles at the Auto Show. We went with the 2015 C300 4matic. Picked it up last night! Ended up getting $2500 mercedes money and $3k corporate fleet discount that my company was elidgible for. After driving other cars, the room in the C class is about average. We came from a TL and somehow the new TLX is supposed to be larger then our 2005 body style, but I struggled to see it. I did not look at the specs, just going off of what the sales man said. So Thanks to everyone for your input and just wanted give an update.
    FYI- went with Dakota Brown color with silk beige interior. Not the classic Benz color: black, white or silver, but looks beautiful!!! I hope it is as good to us as the TL was.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    07sportv8 said:

Follow up. After test driving several cars, Lexus ES and GS, TLX and looking at other vehicles at the Auto Show. We went with the 2015 C300 4matic. Picked it up last night! Ended up getting $2500 mercedes money and $3k corporate fleet discount that my company was elidgible for. After driving other cars, the room in the C class is about average. We came from a TL and somehow the new TLX is supposed to be larger then our 2005 body style, but I struggled to see it. I did not look at the specs, just going off of what the sales man said. So Thanks to everyone for your input and just wanted give an update.
    FYI- went with Dakota Brown color with silk beige interior. Not the classic Benz color: black, white or silver, but looks beautiful!!! I hope it is as good to us as the TL was.

Congrats on the new Mercedes!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!!!