Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Vastly Better Seats Than Before - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Hyundai
imageVastly Better Seats Than Before - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Hyundai Sonata has well-shaped seats that I can adjust into a driving position that works for my 5-foot-10-inch, 145-pound frame; that's not something I could say about the previous Sonata.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    I own a 2011 Sonata GLS, and have driven a 2015 Sonata 2.0T Sport. Being 6ft 5in tall, my 2011 is a better fit than the 2015. Your experience in the 2015 vs the 2011 is exactly the opposite of what I noticed. When driving the 2015, I felt like I was sitting down too low and fighting to see over the dash. In my 2011, I have a great view out from the driver's seat. Comfort-wise, both cars are the same. Neither is more comfortable than the other.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    I agree with this. The front seats of the outgoing Sonata and Optima are the weakest facets of the cars. Completely mushy and unsupportive in cloth trim, at least. Perhaps the leather was better. There are quite a few affordable cars now with supportive and comfortable front chairs that I don't understand how an automaker could botch them as badly as H/K did. Nice to hear that has been changed.