Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Audi S7 Lease Questions

mkroutilinmkroutilin Member Posts: 6
edited September 2015 in Audi
According to my research on pricing for Audi, I have deducted they are mostly all priced at about 8% to 9% above invoice. So if you take the MSRP and multiply it by it 92% or 91.5% even, you would be at their true invoice pricing, plus additing loyalty on top of that, as I consider loyalty part of the down payment, not a discount off MSRP. Also does adding Audi Care and reducing the residual by 1% on a 85K break even on payment since it costs about $850 or so anyway? Just curious what you guys think. Thanks!! And anyone leasing Audi's, do you know how many residual points the car goes up going from 10K down to 7500K per year?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

According to my research on pricing for Audi, I have deducted they are mostly all priced at about 8% to 9% above invoice. So if you take the MSRP and multiply it by it 92% or 91.5% even, you would be at their true invoice pricing, plus additing loyalty on top of that, as I consider loyalty part of the down payment, not a discount off MSRP. Also does adding Audi Care and reducing the residual by 1% on a 85K break even on payment since it costs about $850 or so anyway? Just curious what you guys think. Thanks!! And anyone leasing Audi's, do you know how many residual points the car goes up going from 10K down to 7500K per year?

On an S7, AudiCare is $920, so the MSRP would have to $92K for it to be a wash.. But, either way, it saves you money... You certainly couldn't pay the scheduled maintenance on an S7 for $920 over three years.. But, at this level of MSRP, the cost is minimal. (and, the residual goes up 1%, not a 1% reduction).

Residual goes up 1% from 10K/yr to 7.5K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mkroutilinmkroutilin Member Posts: 6
    Thank you, that makes sense. I am panning on having a final price of around 77K on a base S7 with MSRP discounts. So the difference seems to be $150 which increases lease payment by about $5 max. If it is calculated the same way. Any thoughts on the discount of the MSRP more than 6 percent and the invoice on an S7? Still trying to figure out what hold backs the dealer gets on the S7 and if they benefit in profit getting Audi care added thus giving more room for MSRP discount. Also do you think the 2016 model would have a higher base MSRP than 2015 since they are making so many features standard now? I believe the 2015 is priced at $82,500 base. Not sure if you have seen an order sheet but heads up display for example is now standard. Thanks! 
    Anyone have residual / money factor numbers yet on the 2016 S7? I know pricing is out, but curious if anyone knows when the lease info will come out. Thanks
    Michaell, what do you think would be the maximum discount on a 2016 S7 on lease, in percentage off MSRP. Is 6% the max a dealer would give or can they go more and still profit, if they are really trying to help someone get into the car.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Michaell, what do you think would be the maximum discount on a 2016 S7 on lease, in percentage off MSRP. Is 6% the max a dealer would give or can they go more and still profit, if they are really trying to help someone get into the car.

I'm not sure that folks in the market for an S7 are terribly price sensitive. In general for all Audis, 6-7% off sticker is usually a good deal, whether it's a $30K A3 or a $120K A8.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rpackerrpacker Member Posts: 4
    I think it's been a month or two since the question's been asked: anyone have lease information for the 2016 S7? Specifically, 36mo/7,500miles?
    rpacker said:

I think it's been a month or two since the question's been asked: anyone have lease information for the 2016 S7? Specifically, 36mo/7,500miles?

.00132 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• rpackerrpacker Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

.00132 and 57%

Thanks Michaell. Very helpful. Safe to assume 58% with Audi Care, right?

rpacker said:

Michaell said:

.00132 and 57%

Thanks Michaell. Very helpful. Safe to assume 58% with Audi Care, right?

Correct .. always add 1% to the residual if AudiCare is purchased.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    Anyone have the lease information on the 2016 S7 for 36mo/12,000 and 39mo/12,000mi. Thanks
    shivan said:

Anyone have the lease information on the 2016 S7 for 36mo/12,000 and 39mo/12,000mi. Thanks

.00132 MF and 55% residual
    .00152 MF and 53% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2015
    What's the money factor and residual for a 36 and 39 month 15k mile lease? We are ordering one and they said .00188 today at the dealership. This is for a 2016 s7

What's the money factor and residual for a 36 and 39 month 15k mile lease? We are ordering one and they said .00188 today at the dealership. This is for a 2016 s7

36/15 - 53% residual and .00138 is the base MF - your dealer is marking it up for more profit.

39/15 numbers are .00158 and 51%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    Hello,

Looking for April numbers on 36/12, 36/15, 39/12, 39/15

Thanks
    shivan said:

Hello,

Looking for April numbers on 36/12, 36/15, 39/12, 39/15

Thanks

.00095 MF and 49% residual for 36/15

.00115 MF and 47% residual for 39/15

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Does anyone know the dealer cost/invoice on an S7 brake service purchases in finance at time of signing for a lease? I know on an SQ5 is around $650 and retails for $995, but not sure if S7 is same or more. Thanks!

Does anyone know the dealer cost/invoice on an S7 brake service purchases in finance at time of signing for a lease? I know on an SQ5 is around $650 and retails for $995, but not sure if S7 is same or more. Thanks!

AudiCare on an S7 has an MSRP of $1159

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thankk you, I actually didn't need the Audi Care cost but the cost of the 1st brake service (complete fron and back brakes replacement), that Audi offers to pre purchase at the time of signing the lease. One of the extras in the finance office, anyone know what the cost of that is to the dealer, their invoice?

Thankk you, I actually didn't need the Audi Care cost but the cost of the 1st brake service (complete fron and back brakes replacement), that Audi offers to pre purchase at the time of signing the lease. One of the extras in the finance office, anyone know what the cost of that is to the dealer, their invoice?

Audi Care is the only information we have; what you are being offered could be a dealer-specific option.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83
    Sweet spot numbers look to be 36 months, yeah?

What's the Audi MSD program like?

TrueCar is showing 3% discounts in my area, not 6-7%.
  • muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83
    $90k MSRP
    6% off, $84,600
    36 months
    6% tax
    10k miles
    Add Audi Care
    57% residual
    .00132 money factor
    $1,170 month

Doesn't seem like a great deal
  • cjohancjohan Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have current numbers on 2016 S7
    12k/36mo?

Much appreciated
    cjohan said:

Anyone have current numbers on 2016 S7
    12k/36mo?

Much appreciated

.00138 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flokofjaklzflokofjaklz Member Posts: 27
    Good morning. This thread is so helpful and I appreciate the information. I'm close to ordering a 2016 S7 with the Audi Supplier discount through the ACNA (such a great deal - 6% off MSRP + Audi incentives).

KYFDX - do you have current residuals and money factors on a 2016 S7 with 15K miles for 36 months and AudiCare?

Thanks in advance!

Good morning. This thread is so helpful and I appreciate the information. I'm close to ordering a 2016 S7 with the Audi Supplier discount through the ACNA (such a great deal - 6% off MSRP + Audi incentives).

KYFDX - do you have current residuals and money factors on a 2016 S7 with 15K miles for 36 months and AudiCare?

Thanks in advance!

.00138 and 53% for 36/15. Add 1% for AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell - Thank you!
    Looking at a 2016 Audi S7 Msrp $86,075 - Negotiated price $81,330 
    $9000 At signing, He's telling me Resid is 51% MF .00150 on 36/mo 12k/yr 

He says payment will be $1043+Tax(6.5%)$67.80 for a total of $1110.80

My calculator doesn't jive with his numbers. and that Resid seems low and the MF seems high.

anyone care to chime in? I know we're threading the needle on pricing using true car and Audi owners incentive. Thanks!!

cjohan said:

Looking at a 2016 Audi S7 Msrp $86,075 - Negotiated price $81,330 
    $9000 At signing, He's telling me Resid is 51% MF .00150 on 36/mo 12k/yr 

He says payment will be $1043+Tax(6.5%)$67.80 for a total of $1110.80

My calculator doesn't jive with his numbers. and that Resid seems low and the MF seems high.

anyone care to chime in? I know we're threading the needle on pricing using true car and Audi owners incentive. Thanks!!

The numbers for the 2016 S7 are .00138 MF and 55% residual for 36/12.

So, the MF is indeed marked up and the residual doesn't match - dealer can't manipulate that, it's set by the bank.

Using my lease numbers with your prices results in a payment of $1189/mo with tax. This is with $0 down - we don't recommend putting money down on a lease. If the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Up front costs would be the first payment, bank fee, dealer fee and any state mandated license or tag costs - I'd guess between $2000-3000 in total.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2015
    Just out of curiosity what do you come up with at $9,000 total cash at signing? I was putting a little more down to get my payment to a more comfortable number even though I completely understand what you're saying.

Would I really be wise in your opinion to scale back my money down to the 2-3k? ( Edit: Money at signing not money down)
    And thank you very much for your help! Your knowledge is appreciated!
    cjohan said:

Just out of curiosity what do you come up with at $9,000 total cash at signing? I was putting a little more down to get my payment to a more comfortable number even though I completely understand what you're saying.

Would I really be wise in your opinion to scale back my money down to the 2-3k? ( Edit: Money at signing not money down)

It would depend on how much of the $9000 goes to cap cost reduction ... the pre-tax payment comes down $28/mo for every $1000 cap cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kevin911kevin911 Member Posts: 22
    Hello. A couple of questions here.
    Is the current money factor on a 2016 S7 still .00132 and what is the residual for 7,500 and 10,000 miles on 36 months with AudiCare?
    Also, do the money factor and residuals deteriorate significantly when you get closer to the end of the year? Looking to order for December delivery. Thanks!
    Kevin911
    kevin911 said:

Hello. A couple of questions here.
    Is the current money factor on a 2016 S7 still .00132 and what is the residual for 7,500 and 10,000 miles on 36 months with AudiCare?
    Also, do the money factor and residuals deteriorate significantly when you get closer to the end of the year? Looking to order for December delivery. Thanks!

2016 S7 - .00143 MF and 56% or 57% for 10,000 or 7500 miles with AudiCare added in.

Can't predict what will happen to the numbers 4 months from now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. And similar factors for A7 3.0 TFSI and A7 TDI?
    Kevin911
    kevin911 said:

Thanks. And similar factors for A7 3.0 TFSI and A7 TDI?

Which trim level?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michael - sorry I omitted the trim level - Prestige for both.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Kevin
    Kevin911
    kevin911 said:

Michael - sorry I omitted the trim level - Prestige for both.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Kevin

36/10 numbers for 2016 A7

3.0T Prestige - .00091 and 54%

TDI Prestige - .00095 and 54%

Add 1% for 7,500 miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you, Michaell. Very much appreciated.
    Kevin911
  • creativekhaoscreativekhaos Member Posts: 2
    This thread has been awesome..Thanks! I just got these number from my dealer today ... seems kind of off no?
    The rates and residuals he quotes on the S7's were .00183 / .52 for 12K miles and 36 months . He didnt mention AudiCare .. I'll ask if that added a 1%. What number do you have for 12k and 36 with AudiCare ?

This thread has been awesome..Thanks! I just got these number from my dealer today ... seems kind of off no?
    The rates and residuals he quotes on the S7's were .00183 / .52 for 12K miles and 36 months . He didnt mention AudiCare .. I'll ask if that added a 1%. What number do you have for 12k and 36 with AudiCare ?

I show .00143 and 54% for 36/12 on the 2016 S7. MF is marked up on you. AudiCare does add 1% to the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• creativekhaoscreativekhaos Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Michaell!
    Michaell:
    I can't find what I am looking for. I am thinking of ordering a car, but it likely won't be in until November or December. Can/will Audi honor lease terms at time of ordering if the car won't show up for 3 months?

Thanks in advance for all of the info.
    Kevin911
    kevin911 said:

Michaell:
    I can't find what I am looking for. I am thinking of ordering a car, but it likely won't be in until November or December. Can/will Audi honor lease terms at time of ordering if the car won't show up for 3 months?

Thanks in advance for all of the info.

Probably not. You'll have to use the lease numbers either at the time you order the car or when the car arrives at the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I can report after this weekend. I ordered an S7 in June with .00138 MF and 54% ( for 15K/36 with Audicare). Michaell game me those exact numbers on June 2nd (in this thread). It was a great bargaining tool and my car is ready to be picked up this weekend.

Michaell - what are the numbers on a 2016 S7 15K/36 with Audicare today? I assume they are a little higher so I hope they honor the original terms from June. I will let you know.

I can report after this weekend. I ordered an S7 in June with .00138 MF and 54% ( for 15K/36 with Audicare). Michaell game me those exact numbers on June 2nd (in this thread). It was a great bargaining tool and my car is ready to be picked up this weekend.

Michaell - what are the numbers on a 2016 S7 15K/36 with Audicare today? I assume they are a little higher so I hope they honor the original terms from June. I will let you know.

.00143 and 53% for 36/15 with AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you!
    Michaell - one last question for you before I pick up the S7. The dealer has a leftover 2015 S8 that they would like to move. What are the lease terms on the S8 for 36/15 with AudiCare to compare with the 2016 S7? Thanks!

Michaell - one last question for you before I pick up the S7. The dealer has a leftover 2015 S8 that they would like to move. What are the lease terms on the S8 for 36/15 with AudiCare to compare with the 2016 S7? Thanks!

.00048 and 39% for 36/15 and AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

cjohan said:

Kevin911
    Hey, cjohan. I have been leasing cars for about 20 years. I used to think that it was wise to reduce the payment by putting money down up front or at signing, but IMO it really doesn't make much sense. You are essentially renting the car, so why pre-pay the rent? The idea is to avoid paying up front tax as well and only pay for what you use. As long as you are comfortable with the mileage you select, give them only 1st payment and drive off costs... take your money and invest it.
    Kevin911
  • buildergbvbuildergbv Member Posts: 6
    All - I am negotiating on a 2016 A7 Prestige with 10K/ 36 month lease. In calculating lease payment, how are the dealer doc fees and Audi Care costs factored into the lease? F&I guy told me that the Audi Care quoted at $1,159 (and I assume $499 doc fee) are not added to the MSRP, so I would assume that I would take their total and divide by 36 and add to the payment as Depreciation?

If so, is this total ($1,658) added to the total for which the MF is applied? Quoted .00216 which is too high - which I will require to be reduced, but knowing how the above is calculated helps. Purchase price is $5,000 less than MSRP.

Looking to pick up car this week, so your help is much appreciated!